News:

Untethered Angel official video:  https://youtu.be/gylxuO6dKOw

Main Menu

Evermind's Second Roulette v. The Aftermath

Started by Evermind, February 09, 2016, 10:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrias

Anyway, I don't see how anyone could not love that beautiful melodic singing, simple yet technical riffing, breathtakingly beautiful guitar solos and drumming that subtly accentuates all the superb melodies.

Crow

Tyrias

I actually enjoy converge for a few songs, but I've never managed to listen to an entire album of theirs without getting a headache :metal :lol

Crow

i tried listening to jane doe once, only got like 10 minutes in, then gave it another shot later and made it all the way through

but, i'm not going to be revisiting it.

Train of Naught

Quote from: Tyrias on February 11, 2016, 12:00:01 PM
Anyway, I don't see how anyone could not love that beautiful melodic singing, simple yet technical riffing, breathtakingly beautiful guitar solos and drumming that subtly accentuates all the superb melodies.
Man you're just not br00tal enough, this is gr8. I especially love the vocal delivery of the line "For I felt the greatest of winters coming", it's beautiful.

Sacul

Quote from: Evermind on April 17, 2016, 02:11:10 PM"Zantera / Sacul music"
Quote from: home on December 09, 2017, 07:38:24 AMI want your D if it's still up for grabs

Fancy a print? Need pics for your next album's artwork? Send me a PM!

Tyrias

I've been listening to their newest album just now though,  and the vocals are actually a lot better than on Jane Doe. And I quite liked it.

(I know I'm not true kvlt and br00tal enough to love Jane Doe though. Even though it's a lot less bad than I remember it being. Now if only tje vocals didn't sound like they were recorded through a cellphone mic and than clipped to add even more distortion)

Elite

Come on, Jane Doe is awesome, though I must admit I have to be in the right mood for it. If you're not, then it is indeed a chore to get through it.
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Tomislav95

Jane Doe can be hit or miss. I actually can remember I got headache from listening to it. Not that's bad but I was tired and wasn't in the mood for it.
So, I passed this round :corn

wolfking

lol at the Converge talk.  Even they are a bit much for me.  :lol

Sacul

Quote from: Elite on February 11, 2016, 01:09:34 PM
Come on, Jane Doe is awesome, though I must admit I have to be in the right mood for it. If you're not, then it is indeed a chore to get through it.
Indeed. I need to be kind of angry or pissed off to really appreciate it, but when I do, I have a blast :2metal:
Quote from: home on December 09, 2017, 07:38:24 AMI want your D if it's still up for grabs

Train of Naught

Aight, I'll give it a spin after Sacul's round 6 results then  :loser:

Tyrias

This is kind of becoming the new Converge thread, Evermind, you should rename the thread to represent the topic more accurately :lol

wolfking

jingle.boy

What thread am I in?  What is this talk of genre's of music with "core" in the name?
Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Sacul

This is the unofficial Converge thread  :smiley:

I hope they release a new album, it's been like 4 years since the last one.

wolfking

Quote from: jingle.boy on February 11, 2016, 01:58:14 PM
What thread am I in?  What is this talk of genre's of music with "core" in the name?

You should check out Converge.

Big Hath

I don't think his finger will click fast enough on the stop/pause button

Train of Naught

So how about a themed round where we all send something of a genre with 'glam' in it?

Crow

splent

Has anyone done a worst song ever around and judged based on how awful it was?

Tyrias

I don't think I have anything that's even remotely close to being "glam". :lol

Quote from: Evermind on February 11, 2016, 11:40:18 AM
Quote from: Parama on February 11, 2016, 11:37:26 AM
Quote from: Evermind on February 11, 2016, 11:32:21 AMI love how they all converge.
Whoa, everyone sent Converge?

No, I've got a lot of good music. I would've noticed.

What kind of band is Converge, anyway? Shoecore-mathgaze-dubstep-samplefronted-growly hiphop?

(I might have got some of those genres wrong.)

We shoulf have a round of all the people who don't make it and try to come up with a song that fits in as many genres as possible from the quote above. :metal

And that worst song ever sounds like a perfect idea for a bonus round. Might keep that in the back of my head for my non-championship roulette

Train of Naught

Tyrias

Quote from: Train of Naught on February 11, 2016, 02:15:07 PM
So, Celldweller ft. Foreign Beggars and Converge?

I only know Converge there  ::)

On a side note, Coral Blue by Converge is oddly beautiful and haunting. And there's even some almost-normal singing.

jingle.boy

Quote from: wolfking on February 11, 2016, 02:01:16 PM
Quote from: jingle.boy on February 11, 2016, 01:58:14 PM

You should check out Converge.

I was not born yesterday
Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Dr. DTVT

Can we send our round 1 songs in if we are invited?

Screw it, I'm going to anyway before I forget.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: DTwwbwMP on October 10, 2024, 11:26:46 AMDISAPPOINTED.. I hoped for something more along the lines of ADTOE.

bl5150

From what I am reading Tim I think I am happy to remain a Convergin.

Big Hath

Converge is all that was, all that is, and all that will be

Evermind

Quote from: Dr. DTVT on February 11, 2016, 05:14:32 PM
Can we send our round 1 songs in if we are invited?

Screw it, I'm going to anyway before I forget.

Um, so, was your song meant for preliminary round 1 or actual main competition round 1? :P

What the hell happened to this thread? Anyway, I think I'll check out some Converge just for fun. Not sure if I will be able to get past the first minute though.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Crow

bl5150

wolfking

Quote from: Evermind on February 11, 2016, 08:47:08 PM
Anyway, I think I'll check out some Converge just for fun. Not sure if I will be able to get past the first minute though.

10 seconds, max, probably less.

Big Hath

it's like name that tune.

"Evermind will close that browser window in 3 seconds"