News:

Track-by-track video for Untethered Angel:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Co1_h0GtAw

Main Menu

Evermind's Second Roulette v. The Aftermath

Started by Evermind, February 09, 2016, 10:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

you have all these really goody EP names, and then "The Empty Hollow"  :lol

TAC

Can't wait to see what everyone sent!

While I do envy Ruslan for getting a shit ton of awesome music, I would think grading 6 half hour long EPs would be quite daunting.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: DTwwbwMP on October 10, 2024, 11:26:46 AMDISAPPOINTED.. I hoped for something more along the lines of ADTOE.

Bolsters

I'm not sure I would ever do an EP round. Maybe if there were only two or three people, but certainly not six.
Bolsters™

Evermind

I'll be fine. ;) Listening at work helps a lot, I'm sure I will be able to at least spin each EP at least once a day, some days more often. I got through three EPs now and I've got three more hours of work ahead of me, so I'll just keep spinning them. I'll also try to do some interesting (I think) stuff in this thread to keep it active.

But for now I'm in full listening mode and I'll post the first blurred picture this evening. You've got a lot of songs to guess this time. :D
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Evermind

Regarding the schedule - as I said, I'm able to listen to your EPs at work (I'm getting through each EP once a day), and I'm also spending ~90 minutes to get to work and another ~90 minutes to get back. Since it's not that convenient to switch tracks during the travel, I'm ending up spinning each EP about three times per travel. I've got five working days and I decided I'll go to work at Saturday too - I've got six EPs and that's a perfect opportunity for me to give each EP a good amount of listens (as well as get some OT money). So I will be listening to each EP one time a day and one EP will get another five or six listens each day. (I've already got through one EP this way and I think I know it pretty well.) This way each EP will get about 10 listens and I think I will be able to comfortably rate them on Sunday, so that's our schedule I guess!

Meanwhile, I'll try to keep you entertained in this thread. First, have this blurred picture. Since grading 6 half hour long EPs is daunting, you get the daunting blurred picture. I've lumped all the songs into the list, randomized them, did a few tweaks with random order so the songs by the same band were posted together and the epics were ending the columns and here's what we have:

(click on the pic to enlarge it if you need)

Next pictures will have the songs sorted, but for now just have fun guessing the songs and thinking who sent what. If you can, don't use Google and Spotify and whatever. I've made some songs easier to guess than others, so I think this should work.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

bl5150

Pyramid Theorem - Another Day Slips By ??
Bob Catley : Children of the Circle??
Secret Sphere: Wish & steadiness
Black Tora: Fuel My Hunger
Black Majesty: Firestorm

Crow

Top of the second list is two Thrice songs, the second is A Song for Milly Michaelson, can't make out the first though

there are also the last three tracks from Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain, this is seneca's EP clearly  :lol

jingle.boy

Yeah, I saw that Pyramid Theorem too.

Think I also see:
Soundgarden
Hibria - Millenium Quest
Sun Caged is the second 'suite' - Ashtamangala

Will look some more later if I can.
Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

TAC

Pathosray-The Sad Game
I actually had Scent Of Snow on my first EP draft.

Dave Matthew's Band??
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: DTwwbwMP on October 10, 2024, 11:26:46 AMDISAPPOINTED.. I hoped for something more along the lines of ADTOE.

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on April 11, 2016, 11:37:23 AM
Pathosray-The Sad Game
I actually had Scent Of Snow on my first EP draft.

Dave Matthew's Band??

Killer tune... would be the one I'd use if/when I ever use Pathosray in a Roulette.
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

TAC

Yeah it is. It has a much different feel than the rest of the album. In fact, it reminds me a bit of Circus Maximus. I even PM'd Ruslan about his thoughts on CM, and he basically rolled his eyes at me. :lol  So I ended up replacing the track.

bl5150

Quote from: jingle.boy on April 11, 2016, 11:39:59 AM

Killer tune... would be the one I'd use if/when I ever use Pathosray in a Roulette.

Somebody took up your Italian power metal challenge  ;D

Scorpion

seneca, from what I can see that is a ballsy EP. I don't think I would ever dare sending Evermind Agalloch.

Train of Naught

I think I see Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence there, who is this mystery person?

wolfking

The Soundgarden track is called Fresh Tendrils from Superunknown.

Quote from: bl5150 on April 11, 2016, 11:18:30 AM
Bob Catley : Children of the Circle??

Yes.

The top two on the right is Thrice.

jingle.boy

senecadawg2

Quote from: Scorpion on April 11, 2016, 11:47:50 AM
seneca, from what I can see that is a ballsy EP. I don't think I would ever dare sending Evermind Agalloch.

:tup

jingle.boy

Quote from: senecadawg2 on April 11, 2016, 01:54:39 PM

When you're in 6th place, there's nothing to lose!

wolfking

jingle.boy

Quote from: wolfking on April 11, 2016, 02:01:46 PM
Quote from: jingle.boy on April 11, 2016, 01:54:00 PM
I see Black Majesty in there too.

Yep, Brent mentioned the right song too.

Ah... I missed him editing his post.  I thought that one of the songs was Secret Sphere, but somehow gapped out on recognizing the title.  Whoever sent it did so from their best album, that's for sure.

Lots of recycling from my roulette.  Geez people, get original will ya!   :biggrin:

wolfking

TAC

wolfking

senecadawg2

Quote from: jingle.boy on April 11, 2016, 01:55:16 PM
Quote from: senecadawg2 on April 11, 2016, 01:54:39 PM

When you're in 6th place, there's nothing to lose!

Until you're in a winning position, there's nothing to lose.

TAC

jingle.boy

Luoto

Quote from: Parama on April 11, 2016, 11:28:13 AM
there are also the last three tracks from Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain, this is seneca's EP clearly  :lol
Except the first one is Birch Black, a short track off The White EP

Tomislav95

Evermind

Quote from: Luoto on April 12, 2016, 08:41:39 AM
Except the first one is Birch Black, a short track off The White EP

Quote from: Tomislav95 on April 12, 2016, 08:47:29 AM
Waiting for Evermind's comments on Bloodbirds :corn

Well, you'll have to wait some more!

The listening is coming along soundly. Very busy day at work though, I'm quite tired so I've managed to compose this batch of blurred pictures, now I'm going to send something in Bolsters' and just go to sleep. Anyway, now the songs are sorted by EPs (in order too), and the guessed ones are visible. Have fun guessing the rest and who send which EP! (obviously I didn't include EP names in those)

Crow

jingle.boy

Nice.  Soulspell was on my list of possibilities too.  I'll be interested to see who sent that.

I think I see Shadowquest in there too.  Heard of them, but don't know them.

Labyrinth - good call.
Eden's Curse... how was that not banned?

Might look harder later, and try to guess who's who.  I'll guess bottom right is RJ

jingle.boy

Nice.  Soulspell was on my list of possibilities too.  I'll be interested to see who sent that.

Labyrinth - good call.
Eden's Curse... how was that not banned?
Shadowquest and Lords of the Trident - jeez, you guys really are recycling your bands, aren't you!

Might look harder later.

As for who's who... I'll guess bottom right is RJ; and the one with Sun Caged is probably Big Hath.  Catley/Black Majesty has to be Kade; we know Agalloch/Thrice is Seneca; Pathosray/Labyrinth I'll say is Brent; Guaranteed Tim is the Hibria/Lords of the Trident... cuz he gave me those in mine!

Edit - I quoted myself in err, instead of modifying the above post.  That's why they look the same.

lonestar

jingle.boy

Quote from: lonestar on April 12, 2016, 12:27:42 PM
You are le wrong.

No shit.  Well, then swap you and Jon - since he sent me Black Tora in my roulette, and you put me on to Secret Sphere.

Mother fucker... first two songs are Stargate.  You're definitely the top left.

wolfking

Innerwish - Rain of A Thousand Years is in there too, good stuff.