News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Still "a thing" since 2007.

Main Menu

What album are you listening to? v.5

Started by hefdaddy42, April 16, 2016, 04:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Postwhore

I'm trying to not overplay it John to make it seem fresh live for tonight's show.

Pineapple Thief -- Live at the 013.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Prog Snob

Nice to see another Pineapple Thief fan. I discovered them years ago. It has been a while since I listened to them, though. When I first heard them, I had just bought Variations on a Dream. They reminded me of Radiohead (but better) and Porcupine Tree.

King Postwhore

That's how I explain them as well John.  I love their dreaminess of their melodies.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Train of Naught

Can't say I'm a huge fan but I quite enjoy All the Wars all the way through, and I love the first song on that album, Burning Pieces.

bl5150

bl5150

Big Hath

bl5150

CharlesPL

bl5150

CharlesPL

jjrock88

Lowdz

Yngwie - odyssey, eclipse

The Defiants - s/t

Tomislav95

Polarbear

Tears for Fears - Songs From the Big Chair
Rush - Grace Under Pressure
Opeth - Pale Communion

Bolsters

Bolsters™

Train of Naught

Finally coming around to checking out all of the remaining roulette albums I wanted to check out. It's close to 50 on top of the ones I already bought and/or tried.

So yeah, I'm good for the next 1-2 months probably.

JayOctavarium

Scenes from a Mother Fucking Memory.

And listened to The Astonishing earlier...

Big Hath

Quote from: Train of Naught on April 20, 2016, 03:05:23 AM
Finally coming around to checking out all of the remaining roulette albums I wanted to check out. It's close to 50 on top of the ones I already bought and/or tried.

Lol, I've only checked out 19 roulette albums and my roulette ended like 6 months before yours did. I'm so slow. :lol

In fairness, if you counted other albums from artists that I learned about via roulette, that number goes up to 36. But still. So slow. :lol

Train of Naught

Quote from: 425 on April 20, 2016, 07:44:12 AM

Lol, I've only checked out 19 roulette albums and my roulette ended like 6 months before yours did. I'm so slow. :lol

In fairness, if you counted other albums from artists that I learned about via roulette, that number goes up to 36. But still. So slow. :lol
I haven't counted how many I've already checked out because they blended in with my own discoveries and stuff, but it's probably already close to or even more than 19 :lol and I'm going through these remaining 50 at like 1-2 a day depending on which days I have the time for it.

Sacul

I hope Welcome to Sky Valley is among those :metal

Train of Naught

Yes it is! Also on the list based on your submissions: Bent Knee - Shiny Eyed Babies/Igorrr - Hallelujah on top of the ones I already checked (DMM, Porcupine Tree and Destrage IIRC). Don't actually know why I wanted to check that Igorrr album so bad, I was probably interested in the sheer craziness even though my impression wasn't fantastically positive.

Sacul

Yeah Hallelujah is really fucked up, and may take a long time to appreciate it if you aren't into weird/experimental stuff to begin with, but it's worth it.

Btw, what did you think of the Kyuss record? :P

Train of Naught

Haven't heard it yet, it's on the list of 40-50 other albums to check out, I don't really have time for it the coming 2 days but I could get to it by the weekend if it makes you a happy mega-man.

Sacul

Oh misread your post, thought you'd listened to it - give it a spin whenever you can, mate. Just make sure it's on a sunny, hot day :metal

Train of Naught

Seeing as you described it as 'stoner metal', today would be the perfect day :hat it's sunny too, what a surprise.

So I would've had the perfect place and time for this album tonight, but I don't think my friends appreciate stoner metal as much :lol

Zydar

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

"Seven deadly sins..."

jjrock88

Quote from: Zydar on April 20, 2016, 10:16:54 AM
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

"Seven deadly sins..."

:metal

Helloween- High Live

Lowdz

Yngwie - facing the animal

Scorpions - love rive, love at first sting

Sacul

Quote from: Train of Naught on April 20, 2016, 09:58:28 AM
Seeing as you described it as 'stoner metal', today would be the perfect day :hat it's sunny too, what a surprise.

So I would've had the perfect place and time for this album tonight, but I don't think my friends appreciate stoner metal as much :lol
They just have to appreciate great riffs and grooves :metal

ZKX-2099

Crow

Quote from: Train of Naught on April 20, 2016, 08:23:59 AM
Quote from: 425 on April 20, 2016, 07:44:12 AM

I haven't counted how many I've already checked out because they blended in with my own discoveries and stuff, but it's probably already close to or even more than 19 :lol and I'm going through these remaining 50 at like 1-2 a day depending on which days I have the time for it.
by my count i've checked out 17 albums directly from my roulette, with 8 more albums from some of the artists i got roulette albums from. but then a fair number of those were albums i was already interested in anyways, so  :lol