News:

Dreamtheaterforums.org is a place of peace.  ...except when it is a place of BEING ON FIRE!!!

Main Menu

What album are you listening to? v.5

Started by hefdaddy42, April 16, 2016, 04:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

home

Really enjoying this :azn:  Thanks Elite!

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

sneakyblueberry

Beyonce - Lemonade.

On my third round.  It's excellent.

home

I liked this so much better than I expected  :o

Crow

so it's like, the black metal version of Addicted!, kind of
in the sense that it's pretty poppy but doesn't sacrifice its metal aesthetic
also it's atmospheric as hell and really damn good? like wow, apparently their previous two are really good too and i'm gonna have to check them both out now, though they seem a lot rarer to find/purchase physical copies of  :'(

Crow

honestly this is pretty good, i think its strength is its relative diversity, though there are a few tracks not really standing out as much on first listen
but, first listen, so

Crow

the closer is pretty good but an entire album of this is too much for me, it seems, been pretty restless for the last few tracks and the metallica cover is lulzy, though i guess it kind of makes sense, but yeah, prob passing on this

Crow

hmmmm. this is like, enslaved but with saxophone basically
which is not a bad thing to be. i dunno though i'm not sure who the audience of this is.
some parts are too intense to be for the general prog metal crowd, but some parts are too straightforward prog to appeal to the black metal crowd
i guess it appeals to the crowd that likes both? which is pretty niche imo, but obviously it has wider appeal than i'm giving it credit for.
i dunno maybe it's because i should like this more than i do? it's alright tho

jjrock88

Big Hath

CharlesPL

Bill Bruford - Gradually Going Tornado

CharlesPL

Stanley Clarke - Rocks Pebbles and Sand

CharlesPL

Robert Fripp - God Save the Queen & Under Heavy Manners

Sacul

Tomislav95

Pale Folklore deserves more love, from me too, I usually listen to The Mantle, Ashes or The White EP.
I heard Oceansize's Effloresce a while ago and I didn't like it. But Frames is something else, I'm really glad I came back to this band.
And I think Either/Or finally clicked with me in it's entirety. Maybe listening to it in dark and being awake for too long did the trick :P

Sacul

Obsidian Kingdom's first EP, quite black metal-ish and sludgy and heavy and... quite metal with growls tbh. Not my cuppa tea entirely but it's enjoyable - Parama, you'd probably love it :P

Sacul

Bolsters

Bolsters™

Sacul

The more I get into experimental territories and electronic music and just weird music, the more I appreciate this album. Such a fantastic listen on winter, at night.

Crow

tbh this cover looks like they google searched "spider", took one of the first results, and just stuck it on a black background and plastered their logo over it

wiseman: honestly this is pretty cool overall, it made me want the album when i first listened to it too so
alley cat: this kind of annoyed me, but it wasn't bad. solo sucked imo? nice groove to some parts at least
angelmaker: parts of this are pretty cool, some are a bit overly cheesy, and that guitar solo was laaaame
king of whitewater: this is like, high-quality cheese. as in, like, some fancy french cheese or something but the ones that actually taste good
long way home: dunno, kinda feel like he's oversinging his one, but it's solid. the female vocals are great though, omg, make her the lead singer
move on through: omg that bass solo <3 also the second bass solo. this is pretty solid overall really though there some cheesy cheese
the great escape: i dunno, as far as prog epics go, this is... alright? i just don't feel like i get a lot out of it.

man i'm not feeling very confident about getting this one now tbh  :lol
dunno, just don't think the band is for me

jjrock88

Outcrier

Sonnet and Drugs Don't Work are so beautiful.

Big Hath

CharlesPL

Zydar

The Dukes Of Stratosphear - Psonic Psunspot

Polarbear

Pretty Maids - Future World, Spooked, Carpe Diem
Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun
Prince - Purple Rain
Kingston Wall - 1, 2

Lowdz

Robin Beck - trouble or nothin'

Saraya - when the blackbird sings

Chrissy Steele - magnet to steele

CharlesPL

JustJen

oh boy. so, DISCLAIMER:
I have a  13 year old daughter and we have an unspoken deal where she listens to my stuff and goes to my shows with me, and I do the same for her in return. So my Jeep has more of her CDs in there than my own.

So.. this past couple of weeks we've been alternating

with

and 

jakepriest

Quote from: JustJen on April 26, 2016, 01:31:30 PM
oh boy. so, DISCLAIMER:
I have a  13 year old daughter and we have an unspoken deal where she listens to my stuff and goes to my shows with me, and I do the same for her in return. So my Jeep has more of her CDs in there than my own.

You're lucky she doesn't listen to Kanye West then. :neverusethis:

JustJen

Quote from: jakepriest on April 26, 2016, 01:35:45 PM
Quote from: JustJen on April 26, 2016, 01:31:30 PM
oh boy. so, DISCLAIMER:

You're lucky she doesn't listen to Kanye West then. :neverusethis:

I'd f'kin ground her.