Yes, I have several times quite recently
6 (15%)
I have but not for a very long time.
20 (50%)
Never but I want to
6 (15%)
Never and I don't care
7 (17.5%)
I have occassionally in the last few years.
1 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

bout to crash

Quote from: kingshmegland on April 19, 2016, 11:04:12 AM
WOOOOOTTTT!

PAAAAAARRRTY!

:lol, yessss!

And yeah cram, Clinton Rd. is a Weird NJ spot where a lot of strange things have supposedly happened. It's creepy and dark at night but that's about it from my experience. I did almost run out of gas on it one night and we had no cell reception, which was a bit terrifying. Pretty area!

Orbert

I've told this story here on DTF before, but it has to do with drive-ins, so what the fuck.

Back in school (the 70's for me), a co-worker and I struck up a friendship based on the fact that we both smoked a lot of non-tobacco, had similar tastes in movies and music, and both played pinball. He had a car and I did not, so when we got the munchies, he'd drive, we'd chow down, and he even picked up the check a lot.  I figured if he had a car and could afford to dine out all the time, he was probably doing a lot better than me, so I never really questioned it.  I still lived at home at the time.

There were still two drive-in theaters in town, and we started going to one of them fairly often, once or twice a month, because we figured out that we could watch the movie and smoke in the car, which was awesome.  This was before home video, so it was a big deal, being able to watch a movie while getting wasted.

I found out later (after he'd been fired for coming to work stoned a few too many times) that he had a massive crush on me.  And since it wasn't really a secret that he and I went out all the time, everyone assumed that we were a couple.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I had no idea.  None.  Apparently I'd "friend-zoned" him because... well, because I'm straight and I was young and had no idea.  Dude had a car, paid for dinner and movies all the time, and I let him.  He never made a move (that I remember).  Probably waiting all that time for some kind of sign, which never happened.  Sorry Joe.  But thanks for all the movies.

cramx3

:rollin  that is hilarious

Quote from: bout to crash on April 20, 2016, 01:22:51 PM
And yeah cram, Clinton Rd. is a Weird NJ spot where a lot of strange things have supposedly happened. It's creepy and dark at night but that's about it from my experience. I did almost run out of gas on it one night and we had no cell reception, which was a bit terrifying. Pretty area!

Nice, I thought it sounded familiar.  Sounds like something fun to do one night.

King Postwhore

So Bob, the only reason for you slippery fingers were the butter from the popcorn.   
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Orbert

That is the official story, yes.

King Postwhore

I do miss my youth, being in the pj's with pillows and blankets eating snacks and watching the movies. It was a fun time.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

The Trooper

My parents had a station wagon and we would spread the sleeping bags in the back, open the back door and lay down and watch movies. If I remember I think the first movies I watched at the drive in was a double feature of The Towering Inferno and Earthquake! :metal

King Postwhore

Exactly!  I remember the last until they started coming back.  It was The Cannonball Run & Tron.

The Trooper

We saw a lot when I was a kid because there were like 3 drive ins locally here in Jersey. Last one I saw was an adult which was Arachnaphobia and something else. Lets say I did not see much of the movies :biggrin:

King Postwhore

Scared huh? :neverusethis:

We've gone every year since 2004 when a new one was build an hour from our house.

The Trooper

LOL yeah I was so scared my shorts fell off :yarr

Closest one by me is the one that Jackie was talking about in NY just over the boarder from Jersey. It is about and hour and a 1/2 away. I may give it a shot this summer.

King Postwhore

The Trooper

That would be cool. I wont be back up north till July so I will have to grab maybe Suicide Squad.

The Trooper

Quote from: cramx3 on April 19, 2016, 05:03:50 AM
Quote from: bout to crash on April 18, 2016, 07:38:44 PM
Cram, I know it's a little bit of a hike but you should go to the one in Warwick... and drive Clinton Road while you're at it if you've never done that :D

Is that something from Weird NJ? If so, that would be fun.  :corn

https://weirdnj.com/stories/clinton-road/

bout to crash

Quote from: The Trooper on April 20, 2016, 04:49:37 PM
That would be cool. I wont be back up north till July so I will have to grab maybe Suicide Squad.

That would be a good one! I now live fairly close to both of the Denver ones, so that's cool. One opens Friday but I have plans (plus the lineup sucks) so I will check to see what they've got showing next week.

And yes Bob, I remember that story! I may have been equally clueless in your shoes.  I feel like in this day and age it may have been different/he may have made a move.

Orbert

It's weird.  When I look back, I try to put myself in his shoes, and can't really, so I put myself in similar shoes, and it doesn't work.  I mean, say there's a girl at work that I like, we strike up a friendship, end up going out a few times as friends, and end up being stoner buddies.  I'm totally in love with her, but she's shown zero interest in anything beyond friendship.  But the whole time, I'm paying for the movies, the food, the pinball.  I'm just waiting for the right time, or for her to show... something.  In our society, a hetero male and hetero female, going out as friends for several months, with him paying everything, just doesn't make sense.  She's using him, or he's an idiot, or something.  The possibility that it's a completely acceptable arrangement for both parties is just too weird to be true, right?  With Joe, there was the added complication that it was the 70's and he was gay and probably knew I wasn't, so there was no chance, so he never said anything, so it wasn't the same thing at all.

So I have no idea how it must've been for him, other than it probably sucked.  Or maybe he was an idiot and I was using him.  I guess I was.  Oh shit.

splent

Bob, you should call him up and say you're sorry.

Orbert