News:

BREAKING NEWS:  Dream Theater reunites with drummer Mike Portnoy (10/25/23)

Main Menu

The post funny stuff thread v.graham's number

Started by XJDenton, December 22, 2016, 03:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orbert

Stadler

Yeah, well, they didn't kill the wine cork.   Thank god for that.

Adami

Quote from: Stadler on August 16, 2017, 11:04:35 AM

Hmmm, gives me an interesting idea. Deconstructed wine. Just give them a bunch of grapes and someone's foot.
www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

TheSilentHam

"Millennials Driving Portability and Convenience in Wines & Spirits"
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/millennials-driving-portability-convenience-wines-joseph-tarnowski

"Indeed, no longer are screw-top wines seen as "non-premium" by these consumers; to them, it means they don't have to worry about having a corkscrew"

Chino

God forbid people want something a little more convenient when possible :lol

Generation X KILLS can openers!

Orbert

Quote from: Adami on August 16, 2017, 11:09:29 AM

Hmmm, gives me an interesting idea. Deconstructed wine. Just give them a bunch of grapes and someone's foot.

This is the Ikea generation, so "assembly required" is no big deal, right?

jingle.boy

Ikea... Sweedish for out-of-stock.

I'll never get how their business model succeeds - 'let's charge people more to take it off our shelves, and assemble it themselves'
Quote from: Jamesman42 on Today at 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Orbert

It succeeds because they've convinced enough people that their stuff is high-quality and chic and trendy and awesome and actually worth the price even if they have to assemble it themselves.  And people willing to do that actually kinda like it because then they know it's well made, because they assembled it themselves.

cramx3

I just assumed it was cheap to offset the cost of poor materials and build it yourself.  I can't recall the last time I bought ikea stuff though.

Nekov

Quote from: Orbert on August 16, 2017, 01:16:15 PM
It succeeds because they've convinced enough people that their stuff is high-quality and chic and trendy and awesome and actually worth the price even if they have to assemble it themselves.  And people willing to do that actually kinda like it because then they know it's well made, because they assembled it themselves.

Yeah, it's kinda fun putting those things together, even if you don't get it right the first time

Cool Chris

We buy Ikea stuff for our kids, because we know it isn't going to last until they hit puberty, and we don't want to put expensive, high-quality stuff in their rooms. We know the prices are lower than anything else we will find, I can put everything together quickly, and it will all fit in either one of our medium-sized cars. That is their business model, and that is why it works.

El Barto

Quote from: BlobVanDam on August 16, 2017, 08:28:07 AM
:lol My favourite is "'Promiscuous' Millennials Are Killing McDonald's". I'm sure there's probably some context to their use of the word promiscuous here, but I'd rather just imagine it's exactly what you think.

Bunch of newspaper headlines targeted right to the oldies who will eat this shit right up.
There was. We were discussing it in relation to FOX's newfound interest in running stories about harlots and hussies. In this case it was a woman who fled on foot after being yelled at for blowing somebody in a McD's. She got busted but skipped on her bail, making her a wanted woman (for more reasons than one).

edit: Nope. Turns out they just hate the brand:
Quote"They're promiscuous in their brand loyalty. It makes it harder work for all of us to earn the loyalty of the millennial generation."

TheSilentHam

sylvan

I was watching Marvel's Defenders on Netflix, and was all like, "Damn! They got Danzig... that's big time!" :rollin

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

jingle.boy

ReaperKK

Zydar

Phoenix87x

eric42434224

I sent out an email to my entire work floor at a Fortune 90 company, for anyone interested in using my solar eclipse glasses to see the eclipse out my window, to feel free to do so.  75 people came and used my glasses.  Then I sent out an email at 4:55 that I would be home sick tomorrow with Pink Eye.

bosk1

jingle.boy

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

YtseBitsySpider

Zydar

bosk1

:lol  I saw a reference to it yesterday, but hadn't actually watched it.  That's awesome.

MrBoom_shack-a-lack

Kwyjibo

jingle.boy

Chino

cramx3

Well that's a different take  :lol but what's up with all those leg bruises

eric42434224

For a girl who can take an Italian tower in her hoo hoo, I would expect some bruising.
Thank god for astroglide

Orbert

Yeah, with something that size, it might take a few tries to get it right.  The important thing is that she's obviously willing to take the hit.

cramx3