News:

Video of online chat between fans and members of Dream Theater:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8cLlXnHpA&feature=youtu.be (*no chickens were harmed during the filming of this chat)

Main Menu

Dream Theater Survivor 2017 - The Finals - THE FINAL ROUND!!!

Started by The Letter M, May 08, 2017, 12:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your LEAST FAVORITE song!

Octavarium
25 (49%)
A Change Of Seasons
26 (51%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: May 10, 2017, 12:23:49 AM

jingle.boy

Quote from: jakepriest on May 17, 2017, 12:09:57 PM
Quote from: Parama on May 17, 2017, 09:58:25 AM
weird that we'd abandon the survivor two rounds before the end then. oh well. Guess we'll never know what won.

jesus christ let it go already

So. Much. This.

It's not even worth responding anymore.
Quote from: ? on May 17, 2017, 09:45:28 AM
It's official: Octavarium is the Donald Trump of DT songs :dangerwillrobinson:

Which makes ACOS Hilary Clinton?
Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Crow

Evermind

For what it's worth, I also think you should just drop it, Parama. Feel free to quote that quote of yours one more time at me.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Crow

Quote from: Parama on May 18, 2017, 10:11:09 AM
Quote from: Parama on May 17, 2017, 06:10:46 PM
Quote from: Parama on May 17, 2017, 12:24:33 PM
don't set a precedent for accepting rigged results then  :corn
just for you

seriously though, we have a stickied topic from 2011 about this specifically. why even bother running survivors if we're not going to care about accurate results in the slightest?

Evermind

I would say this is up to the person who runs the Survivor. If it would happen in Ayreon Survivor, I would definitely recreate the polls to get the most honest result possible. However, we're all different people and everyone's perspective on this kind of things is different. I pretty much agree with RoeDent here:

Quote from: RoeDent on May 17, 2017, 05:46:42 AM
The fact that Marc has not been seen anywhere on this particular thread tells me all I need to know regarding a potential rerun of these rounds. This thing is done, and we have to accept the result as it stands. Octavarium is the champion, end of.

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Crow

home

For all we know Scar was sabotaging the survivor from the start  :P

The Letter M

Quote from: home on May 18, 2017, 01:18:18 PM
For all we know Scar was sabotaging the survivor from the start  :P

This. There is no certain way to know whether or not the tampering began in the Finals, or the first round of the first album survivor. Short of IP-banning Scar's multiple IPs and being CERTAIN that they won't create anymore new accounts, and running the WHOLE SURVIVOR with no polls and only accepting posted votes by people with X+ amount of posts (to weed out new accounts), can we ever say that this survivor MIGHT have *accurate results*.

That being said, what's done is done, and the reason I haven't posted in here in the last week is because for me, running survivors is something I do *for fun*, and it's not anything super serious that I worry about on my time away from DTF. The most I worry about is whether or not I get the next round up in time, but beyond that, I don't care about petty message board politics and feuds and things like that. I'm not very mad about the results, and I agree with many of the others that, because it was so close, it'd be hard to tell which one would win anyway. If the last round ended in a tie, that would have been the final result anyway (because I had the round up for so long, anyone who WANTED to vote should have by the end of it, so doing a re-vote would not have mattered to me).

It's done, folks. Wait until a year or two after the next DT album and I'll run this again, if there is enough interest. Until, I hope you guys consider joining my Genesis (and other future) Survivor(s)!

-Marc.

cramx3

Good way to look at it.  This isn't important so getting all worked up is only feeding the troll.  Time to move on.

Crow

ToT-147

Quote from: Parama on May 18, 2017, 10:27:24 AM
why even bother running survivors if we're not going to care about accurate results in the slightest?

I think we all here agree with that, but the problem is not being able to prove the results were rigged.. So I don't know if a ban it's even possible..

Prog Snob

Mladen

Quote from: cramx3 on May 18, 2017, 02:14:29 PM
Good way to look at it.  This isn't important so getting all worked up is only feeding the troll.  Time to move on.