Parama's Disastrous Roulette v3 (The End (not the band))

Started by Crow, May 16, 2018, 05:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomislav95

That's like begging to be eliminated wtf Train
Write-up is more important than the album, right?

Crow

Yeah tbh if you're not writing an essay for every submission you get instantly eliminated

Train of Naught

Tbh Parama is making it seem way more low-effort than it actually was

Quoteey

this a music: *youtube link*

eliminate me (ft. Ihsahn) haha

I think it's only slightly worse than Parama's this will destroy you writeup in my second roulette

Evermind

Right, sending in a few minutes. I'm a bit drunk but I know the album I'd like to send. Never used it in roulettes before and never saw the band mentioned on DTF. I'm sure this will go great. :lol
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Crow

Evermind

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Crow

Evermind

Quote from: Parama on May 18, 2018, 01:01:18 PM
Turns out evermind sent me pirate metal  :yarr

Mistress of Storms - The Shortest Path to Oblivion (2018)

1. All Aboard
2. Belay That Order
3. Yo-ho-ho
4. And A Bottle of Rum
5. Tempting the Fate
6. Starboard
7. Whatever's The Other Side of a Ship is Called (I Don't Know Shit)
8. At the Craplines
9. I'm Screwed, Pt. 1 - Climbing Up the Mast
10. I'm Screwed, Pt. 2 - The Storm Is Upon Us (Fuck Me)
11. I'm Screwed, Pt. 3 - Merciless Wind
12. I'm Screwed, Pt. 4 - Brains on the Deck

The 9-12 tracks in no way represent my position in this roulette.

Train of Naught

I can totally see angela reading that comment and going: Is that you in the avatar?

Crow

Brains on the Deck  :metal
I hear MoS is touring with SRO sometime next year, I'm excited for that

ariich

Will prob need to submit tomorrow - it's nearly bed time and the little one is being incredibly demanding, so my brain isn't functioning.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Tomislav95

There is a bonus track on that album: Rum, Apocalypse, Rum! :metal

Crow

@ariich not listening to anything until Monday anyways so you're fine

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Parama on May 18, 2018, 11:39:33 AM
I'm not 100% sure if TAC wants in now but we have 9 peeps beside so everyone listed as a ??? on the OP can go ahead and send me something for the prelimination round  :corn
Oh, so me and Elite are exempt from the Prelim round? I feel so special...  :biggrin:
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Crow

Dude I'm winning your roulette and we had like 2 of the same 3 aotys for 2017 you don't need to prove we have similar tastes  :lol

Elite

Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

LordCost

Ok, it's 3:30 am and I have decided I'm going to send an album too tomorrow. In the worst case I will have the privilege to add another band coloured in red in your banned list.

Crow

yeah. that's the spirit!
to be fair some of the SGM i checked out was okay but i didn't like any of it enough to want to get an album and i stand by the score i gave out for the song you sent, too  :P

LordCost

I want to send you an album I discovered recently which can be labeled as black metal, but it has also different influences. I will probably relisten it tomorrow before sending it.
It's not only SGM, this is only the latest one  :lol.
But there are also many other non red bands I remember sending in various roulettes ran by you

Crow

i mean, black peaks was my fav song of my entire last roulette, in the end

Puppies_On_Acid

I think I've figured out what album I'm going to send for the first actual round. I'm going to have to dig deep based on your banned list. Most of my top 50 albums of all time are on there...
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard

Crow

quick comment, i'm also gonna generally advise against 2018 stuff less because i'd hate it and more because you're likely setting yourself up to have to resend, i have been reeeally on top of 2018 releases (following both metal injection and heavy blog is heavy's release lists) & have heard a lot of 2018 already (listening to a few right now, lol) but if you can find some holes in what was released you can try  :corn

one of you got away with it by sending an album that's not technically released yet though (though it's on spotify already so whatever)

and i'm sure you have a lot of stuff to send me, based on how i've had a ton for you despite your huge banlist :P

Evermind

Puppies_On_Acid

Actually I have 2 albums that I'm going to send at some point in this roulette.  :corn

EDIT: Make that 5 albums  :biggrin:

Crow

Bolsters

Bolsters™

Elite

So, I found about 20 bands/albums that are not on the banned list and that might actually get a decent score here. Now what?
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Elite on May 19, 2018, 03:57:20 AM
So, I found about 20 bands/albums that are not on the banned list and that might actually get a decent score here. Now what?
You may need to narrow that down a bit.

Crow

i'm excited  :corn
already a lot of interesting-looking stuff in, should be a fun round

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Crow

ariich

Sacul