New Album “Distance Over Time’, First Set of 2019 Tour Dates announced!

Started by RodrigoAltaf, November 02, 2018, 01:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonk

I think I am a little too excited for this album. :biggrin:

I had a dream last night I was listening to it and it was pretty good. If it sounds anything like my dream, I will be satisfied :p 3 more days! :metal

rumborak

Quote from: MinistroRaven on February 19, 2019, 05:59:49 AM
The Japan version of the album contains 9 +1 song and another CD of ONLY intrumental tracks

I need that version.

MinistroRaven

Mark Levinson Jr.

Quote from: Rammstein on February 18, 2019, 02:54:18 AM
I couldn't resist listening to UA and FITL, but resisted with Paralyzed.

Will there were seperate threads for each song upon release date? It is always so confusing to read one big thread with hundreds of new posts that go in different directions

Paralyzed is so cool and heavy... you're gonna love it!

Bertielee

Bertielee

Sorry, double post.

Hypnotherapist

The Japan version of the album contains 9 +1 song and another CD of ONLY intrumental tracks
And with one more "little" detail (in Blu-spec CD2 - :metal)

MinistroRaven

Quote from: Hypnotherapist on February 19, 2019, 10:43:15 AM

Correct  :metal

Hypnotherapist

Quote from: MinistroRaven on February 19, 2019, 11:05:55 AM

Correct  :metal
In case you want to make the purchase I can send you the link  ;) (mine is already ordered :tup)

faizoff

Quote from: MinistroRaven

link=topic=53021.msg2521279#msg2521279 date=1550584789

Is this the version you are all referring to?
What is the other detail?
Distance Over Time (Limited Edition) (Blu-Speccd2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LD8Q65H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_55fBCbHZAJ244

Lonk

Lol, if you google translate the amazon site, Untethered Angel translate to "Antesard Angel" and Barstool Warrior translates to Burstur Warrior and Burst tour warrior

MinistroRaven

Quote from: faizoff on February 19, 2019, 11:53:57 AM

Distance Over Time (Limited Edition) (Blu-Speccd2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LD8Q65H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_55fBCbHZAJ244

Yup. That one, however I saw it somewhere else, not amazon

Hypnotherapist

Quote from: MinistroRaven on February 19, 2019, 12:07:25 PM
Quote from: faizoff on February 19, 2019, 11:53:57 AM

Yup. That one, however I saw it somewhere else, not amazon
I believe that Amazon imports direct from Japan (they did not put any reference in the advertisement). I bought direct from Japan (elsewhere)

MinistroRaven

Architeuthis

So all the reviews I have read, they all pretty much say the same thing. This leaves me excited for the album, but to be honest I'm getting a little 'reviewed' out at this time.. :lol
I'm just gonna wait to hear the album for myself this Friday and get my own take on it, which will likely be the same..  :tup

gzarruk

Quote from: Architeuthis on February 19, 2019, 01:37:16 PM
So all the reviews I have read, they all pretty much say the same thing. This leaves me excited for the album, but to be honest I'm getting a little 'reviewed' out at this time.. :lol
I'm just gonna wait to hear the album for myself this Friday and get my own take on it, which will likely be the same..  :tup

Only a few days left :metal

TAC

So Amazon just emailed me to tell me my D/T CD is estimated to come on the 26th? WTF??
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

bill1971

Madman Shepherd

Quote from: TAC on February 19, 2019, 02:09:30 PM
So Amazon just emailed me to tell me my D/T CD is estimated to come on the 26th? WTF??
The regular CD or the boxset?

It's strange because I also had something happen except not with DT. I ordered the Last in Line CD that is being released that same day and now it is saying it will come on the 26th.

Did Jeff Bezos have a tantrum and decide he wasn't sending out any new CDs this week?

TAC

Quote from: Madman Shepherd on February 19, 2019, 02:54:21 PM

I preordered the digipak with the Bonus Track.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

faizoff

I read on lasercd the artbook is scheduled to mail on the 15th of March as set by Sony.
I guess I will order the regular CD first.

faizoff

Amazon also shows the artbook edition as release date on March 15th

The Letter M

Quote from: faizoff on February 19, 2019, 04:13:43 PM
I read on lasercd the artbook is scheduled to mail on the 15th of March as set by Sony.
I guess I will order the regular CD first.

I wonder if the box set will release then, as well... I have yet to receive any email from Amazon regarding my order, which still has no set release/ship date.

-Marc.

ytserush

Quote from: Bertielee on February 18, 2019, 01:25:54 AM
Quote from: TAC on February 17, 2019, 01:00:52 PM
I consider The Best Of Times and The Count Of Tuscany both Top 15 DT songs.

To each his own, but I don't like them. Granted, there are things that are outstanding inside each song, but as a whole, they're not for me. And the choruses of both are not good, like, at all.

B.Lee

Note : excited as hell for the new album! I haven't listened to any of the singles released and you guys have my mouth water in expectation with your descriptions. Damn, 4 days to go still!

Just a few days left. I was thinking of popping in the instrumental disc for my first listen, but I'm not married to that idea.

ytserush

Quote from: MirrorMask on February 18, 2019, 01:48:51 AM
I'm team "I don't want to hear anything before" too. My only goal for this working week is endure it all so that Friday I can use my lunch break to buy the album and listen to it from start to finish without any musical spoiler at all!  :metal

(Even though, if I really have to nitpick, I have to say that I heard seconds here and there from the occasional promo video with interviews, and the short snippets when they were recording the album. With The Astonishing it was a total embargo, I literally didn't hear in any kind of way or form a single note before the release)

None of that stuff really caught my ear either. Haven't really stayed away from them talking about the album. They seem excited (as they should be) so I'll find out this weekend if it's a top album or down there with Train Of Thought and Systematic Chaos.

RaiseTheKnife

In a recent interview James and JP indicated that they might be considering alternating setlists for the first set of the upcoming U.S. tour.  Can anyone obtain more definitive information?  I'm seeing DT twice in the upcoming leg, but a rotating setlist might spur me to hit up three this tour.

KevShmev

Quote from: RaiseTheKnife on February 19, 2019, 07:37:14 PM
In a recent interview James and JP indicated that they might be considering alternating setlists for the first set of the upcoming U.S. tour.  Can anyone obtain more definitive information?  I'm seeing DT twice in the upcoming leg, but a rotating setlist might spur me to hit up three this tour.

That would surprise me, considering they are going to play all of Scenes (which I assume will always be the second set), and then you have to figure that some of the new songs will be every nighters in the first set. I could see one or two spots being rotated in the first set, and then who knows about the encore, but I doubt it will be anything too severe.

Progmetty

I think the first set will vary, not much, but in that sweet way they did on the ADTOE tour.

fischermasamune

Quote from: TAC on February 19, 2019, 02:59:48 PM
Quote from: Madman Shepherd on February 19, 2019, 02:54:21 PM
I preordered the digipak with the Bonus Track.
Same for me.

Will physical stores in the US carry the jewel case (9 songs) or the special digipak (10 songs)? Does anyone know?