News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Still "a thing" since 2007.

Main Menu

Ruba's Roulette II v. Final results!

Started by Ruba, April 13, 2019, 01:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shall we have the bottom two players eliminated after round 4?

We want blood!
4 (40%)
Give peace a chance! (or at least stand still)
6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: May 23, 2019, 11:06:28 AM

Lethean

Ruba

Quote from: Lethean on May 28, 2019, 03:27:26 PM
But Ruba - I love From the Flame :)

Well. It's not a bad song. But I can name 20 better Leprous songs without breaking a sweat. And See Hell is easily better than it. But to be fair, it reminded me most of Bonneville, which is awesome.

TAC

Quote from: Lethean on May 28, 2019, 03:26:30 PM
Quote from: Ruba on May 28, 2019, 02:54:49 PM
Quote from: Lethean on May 28, 2019, 02:39:04 PM
Might be a little too moody for you, but it's totally worth a listen.

You're talking to a depression patient here. :loser:

No that was directed at TAC.  (Unless you meant that he's a depression patient...)

:rollin
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Ruba

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 21, 2019, 12:37:10 PM
That's better than I expected. :lol Yeah I guess you won't like Cult of Luna then, the Julie Christmas feature was a one-off I'm pretty sure. There's a pretty cool band called Khoma which is more like a prog version of Cult of Luna with clean vocals, I'm personally not super into that big contrast of a fairly high pitched prog vocalist with super punchy sludge instrumentation though..

You might have converted me into a Made out of Babies fan. :lol They kick fucking ass, but they want to make me break stuff and I'm scared of her and aahhhh!

Crow

The best Malina song wouldn't make my leprous top 30, tbh
Maybe not even top 40, tho I'd probably have to listen to Aeolia somewhat cause there's barely enough songs otherwise :P

Ruba

Quote from: Cyril on May 28, 2019, 03:41:27 PM
Maybe not even top 40, tho I'd probably have to listen to Aeolia somewhat cause there's barely enough songs otherwise :P

Not even Stuck or Mirage?  :sad:

But Malina is pretty underwhelming indeed.

Ruba

Quote from: Lethean on May 28, 2019, 03:26:30 PM
Quote from: Ruba on May 28, 2019, 02:54:49 PM
Quote from: Lethean on May 28, 2019, 02:39:04 PM
Might be a little too moody for you, but it's totally worth a listen.

You're talking to a depression patient here. :loser:

No that was directed at TAC.  (Unless you meant that he's a depression patient...)

I'm drunk and missed the context. :facepalm:

Crow

Quote from: Ruba on May 28, 2019, 03:44:07 PM
Quote from: Cyril on May 28, 2019, 03:41:27 PM

Not even Stuck or Mirage?  :sad:

But Malina is pretty underwhelming indeed.
The best songs are forgettably meh
Actually I think the second to last track was alright
I literally don't remember what mirage sounds like

Evermind

LET ME BE YOUR

GUUUUUUUUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Train of Naught

Quote from: Ruba on May 28, 2019, 03:38:40 PM
That's better than I expected. :lol Yeah I guess you won't like Cult of Luna then, the Julie Christmas feature was a one-off I'm pretty sure. There's a pretty cool band called Khoma which is more like a prog version of Cult of Luna with clean vocals, I'm personally not super into that big contrast of a fairly high pitched prog vocalist with super punchy sludge instrumentation though..

You might have converted me into a Made out of Babies fan. :lol They kick fucking ass, but they want to make me break stuff and I'm scared of her and aahhhh!
They're really good!! Check out Battle of Mice, that's another Julie Christmas-fronted band. :)

Not sure if I'll be able to send in time, can't think of any song for this theme right now, tomorrow is a holiday and this weekend I'm going to a festival... but I'll try! Otherwise start without me please

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2019, 11:25:47 PM
Quote from: Ruba on May 28, 2019, 03:38:40 PM

They're really good!! Check out Battle of Mice, that's another Julie Christmas-fronted band. :)

Not sure if I'll be able to send in time, can't think of any song for this theme right now, tomorrow is a holiday and this weekend I'm going to a festival... but I'll try! Otherwise start without me please
Just send some Dubstep.
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Ruba

Quote from: Evermind on May 28, 2019, 09:16:30 PM
LET ME BE YOUR

GUUUUUUUUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE

:metal :metal :metal

Mirage wouldn't sound out of place on The Congregation.

MoraWintersoul

Sent something that's so loved and so obvious that I hope no one sent it before me  :corn

Train of Naught

Sorry, I already sent Dream Theater - Learning to Live :/

Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on May 29, 2019, 12:28:24 AM
Just send some Dubstep.
:puke:

Ruba

I had Korn song featuring Skrillex in my first roulette. It was okay, but I'm not really into nu metal.

Also, I've had eight submissions so far and the total runtime of the playlist is already at 74 minutes. Blimey.

now I'm going to get Light of Day, Day of Darkness, ain't I

MoraWintersoul

Quote from: Ruba on May 29, 2019, 04:52:14 AM
wouldn't that be a dick move  :lol

sorry for sending a longer song! I try to stick under 10 minutes but I can't guarantee I won't be sending 8- and 9-minute songs periodically :angel:

Crow

brb changing my song to something that rhymes with fight of pay, pay of lark mess

Ruba

Quote from: MoraWintersoul on May 29, 2019, 05:45:28 AM
Quote from: Ruba on May 29, 2019, 04:52:14 AM
wouldn't that be a dick move  :lol

sorry for sending a longer song! I try to stick under 10 minutes but I can't guarantee I won't be sending 8- and 9-minute songs periodically :angel:

No need to apologise, I haven't imposed any time limits and actually your submission isn't even among the three lengthiest. :lol

Lethean

Quote from: Ruba on May 28, 2019, 03:34:18 PM
Quote from: Lethean on May 28, 2019, 03:27:26 PM
But Ruba - I love From the Flame :)

Well. It's not a bad song. But I can name 20 better Leprous songs without breaking a sweat. And See Hell is easily better than it. But to be fair, it reminded me most of Bonneville, which is awesome.

I dunno - I probably could name 20 better Leprous songs as well, but I don't really think of it like that.  I really do think it's a great song.  But I also think Malina is a great album and I know that opinion is in the minority here.

Crow

I think most people were fine with Malina but those of us who don't like it are really vocal about it

Granted I mostly just find it boring rather than actively unpleasant most of the time but it's like a low 5/10 at best

Considering I'd give all their other albums 8's or 9's it's such a notable drop in quality that I reeeeally dislike it as a result

Crow

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Crow

The Walrus

TAC

Crow

TAC

Lethean

Quote from: Cyril on May 29, 2019, 01:38:03 PM
I think most people were fine with Malina but those of us who don't like it are really vocal about it

Granted I mostly just find it boring rather than actively unpleasant most of the time but it's like a low 5/10 at best

Considering I'd give all their other albums 8's or 9's it's such a notable drop in quality that I reeeeally dislike it as a result

So, um - what happened to your name?

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Lethean on May 30, 2019, 07:13:49 PM
Quote from: Cyril on May 29, 2019, 01:38:03 PM

So, um - what happened to your name?
It fell face first in to a wood chipper.
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Ruba

Deadline's up and I'm one short. I'll be sending a message, but here's the incomplete hangman.

HANGMAN VI

Yes - Roundabout
East of the Wall - ____ar _a___r_
C__ar_tt_s A_t_r S__ - _
___r_a - ____ S____ _r_a_o_t
Yes - Machine Messiah
Riverside - Second Life Syndrome
Sa__r - __sso___ to As__s
Symphony X - The Edge of Forever
Yes - Tempus Fugit
_a__ a __c_ ____ - __oo__a__

Note: one punctuation mark has been omitted.

COY ARTS

The Walrus

Luoto

Quote from: MoraWintersoul on May 29, 2019, 04:20:52 AM
Sent something that's so loved and so obvious that I hope no one sent it before me  :corn

Symphony X apparently.

Crow

Riverside - Second Life Syndrome

hmm  :corn

The Walrus

Hmmm, I wonder who sent that... :biggrin:

Is A.C.T in the artist list at all? I see 3 spots where it could fit.

Ruba

Quote from: Kattelox on May 31, 2019, 08:04:30 AM
Is A.C.T in the artist list at all? I see 3 spots where it could fit.

No.