Ruba's Roulette II v. Final results!

Started by Ruba, April 13, 2019, 01:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shall we have the bottom two players eliminated after round 4?

We want blood!
4 (40%)
Give peace a chance! (or at least stand still)
6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: May 23, 2019, 11:06:28 AM

Crow

Luoto

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Crow

TAC

Evermind

Sounds like recent Avantasia lyrics.

Where do we go from the apogee
Unfurl realiti
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Crow

Lethean

I don't know about the others, but unfurl is definitely English.

Evermind

Apogee is also English. It's actually in the lyrics for Avantasia's Dying for an Angel too.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

TAC

Quote from: Evermind on June 09, 2019, 03:20:15 PM
Apogee is also English. It's actually in the lyrics for Avantasia's Dying for an Angel too.

Are you sure that's not Klaus Meine's accent?

WTF is an apogee?

Evermind

From Merriam-Webster:

QuoteDefinition of apogee

1 : the point in the orbit of an object (such as a satellite) orbiting the earth that is at the greatest distance from the center of the earth

also : the point farthest from a planet or a satellite (such as the moon) reached by an object orbiting it

2 : the farthest or highest point : CULMINATION

Aegean civilization reached its apogee in Crete.

There's also a perigee which is the opposite of apogee. :biggrin:

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: TAC on June 09, 2019, 03:21:44 PM
Quote from: Evermind on June 09, 2019, 03:20:15 PM

Are you sure that's not Klaus Meine's accent?

WTF is an apogee?
:facepalm:
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard

TAC

The Walrus

Quote from: TAC on June 09, 2019, 04:04:40 PM
Oh sorry. please accept my apogee.

Boooooo! Get off the stage!!  :lol  :lol

Puppies_On_Acid

Ruba

First impressions:

To be fair, this song became better when the drums and guitar kicked in.

Nice trip-hoppy beat and distorted bass go well together, but I'd wanted this to kick into higher gear towards the end.

I like the vocals, but the beat is a bit annoying. The song might actually work better without it.

Cool mysterious atmosphere and I like the bass. It's a little too busy sounding though.

Seriously cool bass, but the whole think is a tad long and directionless.

This is a bit more sleeker-sounding I usually like to listen to, but quite lovely nevertheless.

Cool beat but other than, not my thing.

Beautiful, melodic piece.

This sounds like Linkin Park and I don't like Linkin Park. The outro should've been a separate song.

This might seem like something that wouldn't work at all, but I think this is pretty cool.

Crow

Looks to me like you didn't like this round much  :lol

TAC

Quote from: Cyril on June 10, 2019, 04:21:15 PM

I mean, who would?? :lol

I have no idea which one is mine.

Ruba

Quote from: Cyril on June 10, 2019, 04:21:15 PM

No, it was alright. Sure, this is among my least favourite rounds together with the acoustic round, but the first impressions paint a bit too critical picture. There's couple of songs I really like, couple I'm not too fond of and a few possible wild cards in the middle.

Crow

Proud to be a song you're not too fond of  :metal

The Walrus

TAC

TAC

Puppies_On_Acid

TAC

Quote from: Ruba on June 09, 2019, 08:22:10 AM
Arcane Roots - Arp
Gary Moore - Worry No More
Tycho - Apogee
Katatonia - Unfurl
Periphery - Crush
Grimes - REALiTi (Demo)
Slushii - Sapient Dream
The Firm - Radioactive (Remix)
Björk - Cocoon
Massive Attack - Risingson

Quote from: Ruba on June 10, 2019, 04:14:05 PM
First impressions:

To be fair, this song became better when the drums and guitar kicked in.

Nice trip-hoppy beat and distorted bass go well together, but I’d wanted this to kick into higher gear towards the end.

I like the vocals, but the beat is a bit annoying. The song might actually work better without it.

Cool mysterious atmosphere and I like the bass. It’s a little too busy sounding though.

Seriously cool bass, but the whole think is a tad long and directionless.

This is a bit more sleeker-sounding I usually like to listen to, but quite lovely nevertheless.

Cool beat but other than, not my thing.

Beautiful, melodic piece.

This sounds like Linkin Park and I don’t like Linkin Park. The outro should’ve been a separate song.

This might seem like something that wouldn’t work at all, but I think this is pretty cool.

Ruba

Were you implying that the first impressions are in same order as the songs are submitted? Nah, I figured that would be too lazy and that someone would notice. I play the songs on shuffle and the first impressions are in the order they play the first time. That shuffles the deck quite nicely.

TAC

Quote from: Ruba on June 12, 2019, 11:41:11 AM
Were you implying that the first impressions are in same order as the songs are submitted? Nah, I figured that would be too lazy and that someone would notice. I play the songs on shuffle and the first impressions are in the order they play the first time. That shuffles the deck quite nicely.

Haha..no.

I was checking some of the songs out last night, and I wanted the songs and impressions in one spot.

Lethean

I would have been confused if the Katatonia song was considered too busy.

Crow

Ruba

Quote from: TAC on June 12, 2019, 11:49:13 AM
Haha..no.

I was checking some of the songs out last night, and I wanted the songs and impressions in one spot.

Alright. :tup I'd be interested to know whether there was anything you actually liked, even a little. :lol

Quote from: Cyril on June 12, 2019, 12:05:29 PM
Corn time

:friday:

TAC

Quote from: Ruba on June 12, 2019, 12:15:38 PM
Quote from: TAC on June 12, 2019, 11:49:13 AM
Haha..no.

Alright. :tup I'd be interested to know whether there was anything you actually liked, even a little. :lol

I thought the Gary Moore was pretty good. ;D

Stadler

The Firm piece is DEFINITELY NOT a "beautiful, melodic piece".