News:

BREAKING NEWS:  Dream Theater reunites with drummer Mike Portnoy (10/25/23)

Main Menu

Ruba's Roulette II v. Final results!

Started by Ruba, April 13, 2019, 01:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shall we have the bottom two players eliminated after round 4?

We want blood!
4 (40%)
Give peace a chance! (or at least stand still)
6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: May 23, 2019, 11:06:28 AM

Crow

Luoto

Luoto

Yes - Roundabout

Three Yes songs in one round would be pretty funny, and I think they were already sent once :lol

The Walrus

Legit surprised Victor Wooten's A Show of Hands was not sent, because that was the first song that popped into my head when I saw the theme.

Lethean

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Crow

give me Y so we can see how many Yes songs there are

Crow

scanning through RYM

Yes - Machine Messiah
Yes - Tempus Fugit

must be this album has really good bass, I've never heard of it tho  :corn

The Walrus

For our host's sake, I sure hope he likes Yes.  :lol

Ruba

Quote from: Cyril on May 31, 2019, 09:48:07 AM
scanning through RYM

Yes - Machine Messiah
Yes - Tempus Fugit

I know that's the one album they made with those guys from The Buggles.

Quote from: Kattelox on May 31, 2019, 09:52:43 AM
For our host's sake, I sure hope he likes Yes.  :lol

:lol and yeah, they're banned from now on.

Crow

Stadler

Quote from: Cyril on May 31, 2019, 09:48:07 AM
scanning through RYM

Yes - Machine Messiah
Yes - Tempus Fugit

Dude, Chris Squire is a MONSTER.   A lot of it is subtle, because he uses a very trebly tone, but he's the rock of that band.  There's a reason that Geddy Lee and Steve Harris both looked up to him almost reverently. 

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

senecadawg2

Riverside is a great choice. I wish I'd thought of that.

TAC

MoraWintersoul

Quote from: Luoto on May 31, 2019, 07:46:59 AM
Quote from: MoraWintersoul on May 29, 2019, 04:20:52 AM
Sent something that's so loved and so obvious that I hope no one sent it before me  :corn

Symphony X apparently.
every time you guess what I send from an incomplete hangman I feel SEEN  :angel:

Luoto

East of the Wall ::)

Quote from: MoraWintersoul on June 01, 2019, 01:55:17 AM
every time you guess what I send from an incomplete hangman I feel SEEN  :angel:

You're not wrong :angel:

Crow

Ruba

Posting to a new page.

HANGMAN VI

Yes - Roundabout
East of the Wall - Linear Failure
Cigarettes After Sex - K.
Hibria - High Speed Breakout
Yes - Machine Messiah
Riverside - Second Life Syndrome
Sâver - Dissolve to Ashes
Symphony X - The Edge of Forever
Yes - Tempus Fugit
Have a Nice Life - Bloodhail

Note: one punctuation mark had been omitted.

SADLY EROTIC

The Walrus

Crow

Saver - Dissolve to Ashes
sent by train
cigarettes is sent by seneca

The Walrus

Crow

Have a Nice Life - Bloodhail

I, capn'

TAC

Luoto

High Speed Breakout

And the East of the Wall song is Linear Failure

Crow

hibria

the EotW song is actually the first three tracks on the album btw but ruba only included the one in hangmemes
i would never ever send linear failure alone, since i don't think i've ever listened to it by itself

Ruba

Quote from: Luoto on June 02, 2019, 02:16:42 PM
And the East of the Wall song is Linear Failure

Actually I got three songs (also Naif and My Favourite Society Guy) but the other two songs are quite short and those three apparently segue into each other so I decided to accept it. This doesn't mean you can send full albums that have no breaks between songs (a la Colors or Around the Fur) however. :biggrin:

Ninja'd by Cyril. First impressions on Monday.

Crow

the three tracks together are shorter than some of the other songs in this round, anyways

Ruba

First impressions:

Sending something this long was a risky move and I'm afraid it didn't pay out.

Nice and atmospheric. I thought I wouldn't like the vocalist, but his singing style fits this kind of music.

Fun, up-tempo song with some amazing riffs.

All those time and key changes... I know these guys can play but this is not very cohesive effort.

Some riffy goodness. The bass is a bit low on the mix, but when it's unleashed hot damn!

This combines plenty of things I like.

This is heavier what I'd expected from them.

That's one seriously good bass tone. And a bass line. This is pretty awesome.

I'm liking the mood on this one.

That keyboard sound is quite annoying. There are some good riffs, but this genre isn't probably my thing.

Train of Naught

Quote from: Ruba on June 03, 2019, 03:41:48 AM
That keyboard sound is quite annoying. There are some good riffs, but this genre isn't probably my thing.
:tdwn

I need a sludge/post-metal pal on this forum!! Any takers?

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Train of Naught on June 03, 2019, 04:13:31 AM
:tdwn

I need a sludge/post-metal pal on this forum!! Any takers?

:biggrin:
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Lethean

I assume mine is the one that is too long, but I haven't looked at all of the other song lengths. 

Crow

Sending something this long was a risky move and I'm afraid it didn't pay out.

This combines plenty of things I like.

only three i can see realistically applying
the third one is how i feel so i'm sure it'll be the first one

@train i do like some post metal but just not a ton of it  :lol love me some panopticons and galilean satellites and somewhere along the highways, the kind of post metal you did those ain't though. and i mean, EOTW and The Ocean are proggy sludge/post-metal to some extent?

i think part of it is just that my tastes in more atmospheric metal heavily leans towards black metal nowadays. i can name way more albums in that genre i really enjoy than i can in post-metal and the genre as a whole tends to be way less melodically flat than post-metal too. shrug

@Lethean there are three songs over 10 minutes, though Second Life Syndrome is the longest by a good bit. there's also a 9 minute song too, I think

TAC

Fun, up-tempo song with some amazing riffs.

One of these is mine.