News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Still "a thing" since 2007.

Main Menu

The Dear Hunter v Fall Tour 2024

Started by SoundscapeMN, April 29, 2009, 11:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twosuitsluke

Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.
Quote from: ariich09/07/2023, 14:25:10
luke: Pokemon – Pokemon Theme That was the best! I like Pokemon and I liked the characters. I think there was all of them. It was cool. [Have you heard that song before?] No! Score: 10 trillion

SoundscapeMN

Amazing.

I posted a somewhat Spoiler-filled review just a bit ago on my YouTunne channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0DwvV6Uqok
"I have facility enough that I can throw down something, and play it, and play it correctly, and play it in time, but that doesn't make good records.  What makes good records for me, is when you capture a performance or you get some feeling that you get on tape and that you know you can't plan for it" -Kevin Gilbert

twosuitsluke

Quote from: SoundscapeMN on May 08, 2024, 01:00:09 PM
Amazing.

I posted a somewhat Spoiler-filled review just a bit ago on my YouTunne channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0DwvV6Uqok

Nice one dude, I just gave it a watch. I'm like you, I enjoy Act III but it's far from my favourite. That being said the original Act I Live stream (which I know consider the definitive version of the album) gave me a much greater appreciation of that record, so maybe the same will happen with Act III.
Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.
luke: Pokemon – Pokemon Theme That was the best! I like Pokemon and I liked the characters. I think there was all of them. It was cool. [Have you heard that song before?] No! Score: 10 trillion

SoundscapeMN

Quote from: twosuitsluke on May 08, 2024, 01:16:32 PM
Nice one dude, I just gave it a watch. I'm like you, I enjoy Act III but it's far from my favourite. That being said the original Act I Live stream (which I know consider the definitive version of the album) gave me a much greater appreciation of that record, so maybe the same will happen with Act III.

it may. The Go Get Your Gun arrangement, a ton of fans like myself are really loving.

by the way, as I know mentioned in the Friday Releases Threads, it is up to stream now

https://vyd.co/TheDearHunterActIiTheMeaningOfAndAllThingsRegardingMsLeading-LiveFromSeattleWa
"I have facility enough that I can throw down something, and play it, and play it correctly, and play it in time, but that doesn't make good records.  What makes good records for me, is when you capture a performance or you get some feeling that you get on tape and that you know you can't plan for it" -Kevin Gilbert

twosuitsluke

I listened to the Act II Livestream this morning. For me, it's not as good as the Act I Livestream, there's something really special about that one.

The Act I Livestream holds a kind of special place in my heart. I was really excited for it, and it aired live at like 4am in the UK. Well, my son was like 1 at the time and I remember getting up with him around 3:30am and rocking him back to sleep in his room. He fell asleep in my arms and I had my headphones with me just incase.

I sat and watched the Livestream, with him sleeping in my arms, as the sun started to come in through the window. I can picture it now. It was a really beautiful moment :heart

SoundscapeMN

Fall 2024 Tour dates

https://www.thedearhunter.com/

Oct. 21, 2024
Salt Lake City, UT
Metro Music Hall

Oct. 22, 2024
Denver, CO
The Oriental Theater

Oct. 25, 2024
Chicago, IL
House Of Blues Chicago

Oct. 26, 2024
Detroit, MI
Saint Andrew's Hall

Oct. 27, 2024
Lakewood, OH
The Roxy

Oct. 29, 2024
Toronto, ON
The Opera House

Oct. 31, 2024
New York, NY
Irving Plaza

Nov. 1, 2024
Boston, MA
Paradise Rock Club

Nov. 2, 2024
Philadelphia, PA
Brooklyn Bowl Philadelphia

Nov. 4, 2024
Carrboro, NC
Cat's Cradle

Nov. 5, 2024
Atlanta, GA
The Masquerade

Nov. 6, 2024
Orlando, FL
The Beacham

Nov. 9, 2024
Fort Worth, TX
Tulips FTW

Nov. 10, 2024
Austin, TX
Mohawk Austin

Nov. 12, 2024
Phoenix, AZ
Walter Studios

Nov. 13, 2024
Los Angeles, CA
The Belasco Theater

Nov. 14, 2024
San Francisco, CA
The Fillmore

Nov. 16, 2024
Portland, OR
Wonder Ballroom

Nov. 17, 2024
Seattle, WA
Neptune

SoundscapeMN

edit:
premature..will update when confirmation comes back per The Reign of Kindo removed their post.

SoundscapeMN

SoundscapeMN

Casey and Nick S did an AMA tonight.
https://www.reddit.com/r/progmetal/comments/1g92lfu/ama_we_are_the_dear_hunter_taking_another_stab_at/

Quotercpotatosoup
when will the Sunya album rollout begin? (please say soon please please please)

Casey Crescenzo | The Dear Hunter
We have a documentary and accompanying soundtrack coming out in December, and will probably put Sunya out next June.