News:

Dreamtheaterforums.org is a place of peace.  ...except when it is a place of BEING ON FIRE!!!

Main Menu

ariich’s inclusive roulette (v6) – EPic final results!

Started by ariich, May 01, 2020, 02:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the max number of artists in the EP round be increased from 4 to 5?

Yes that would be much better and Cyril is very attractive.
3 (14.3%)
No that's a terrible idea, Cyril should be stoned.
5 (23.8%)
Whatever.
13 (61.9%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: June 08, 2020, 02:08:19 PM

Buddyhunter1

Quote from: ariich on May 06, 2020, 03:41:29 PM
You guessed both "innovative" and "run of the mill"? :lol

Hey, people have different perceptions for what's generic or not so I don't fucking know. :lol

Well #1 seems to be the only flat-out negative one and you gave a decent score to Warforged last roulette so I highly doubt what I sent was too much for you :P

ariich

Just posting to a new page for you to make it easier. 'night all!

jingle: Subsignal
    1: Feeding Utopia
    2: The Trick is to Keep Breathing
    3: A Long Way Since the Earth Crashed

??:  The _l_t In ___
    1:  __ _ld _a_s
    2:  _illhead
    3: Time Changes Everything
    4:  _etter _i_es

wolfking: Solution.45
    1:  The _l_se _e__nd
    2: Gravitational Lensing
    3:  __r Ae_ns _ast
    4: Winning Where Losing is All

??:  _laren_e _larit_
    1:  _ill t_ _elie_e
    2:  ____-T__thed _arti_le S_ashers
    3:  Th_se _h_ _an_t, _heat
    4:  The __s_el Tr_th

king: Rise Twain
    1: Golden
    2: Prayers
    3: Into a Dream

Indiscipline: Area
    1:  __ardati dal _ese _i_in_ all'A_rile
    2:  Il _andit_ del Desert_
    3:  L'Ele_ante _ian__
    4:  La _ela di _dessa (____)

Katt: Monica Heldal
    1:  ___ _r__ the N_rth
    2:  Ta_e __
    3:  Sill_ _ill_
    4:  __ll__ ___ An__here

??: Edge of Reality
    1: Attack of the Great Worm
    2: Remorse Code
    3: Illegal Chord

lonestar: Aeternam
    1: Damascus Gate
    2: The Keeper of Shangri-La
    3: The Bringer of Rain

??: Eternal Storm
    1: Through the Wall of Light Pt. I
    2: Through the Wall of Light Pt. II

Stadler: Sweet
    1: Set Me Free
    2: Sweet FA
    3: ACDC
    4: Fox On The Run

Sacul: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
    1: Jubilee Street
    2: I Need You
    3: Sun Forest

??: Lazerhawk
    1: Feel the Rush Tonight
    2: Hypnic
    3: King of the Streets

Puppies: Blut Aus Nord
    1:  The __s_i_ E_h_es __ N_n-_atter (I__aterial __i_es __ The _athers)
    2:  E_it__e II
    3:  _aha__a

??: Atlas Pain
    1:  The ___in_ E__ire
    2:  Ha_a__re_s _a_
    3:  Ir_n__r_ed
    4: Till the Dawn Comes

Evermind: Evan Carson
    1: Sky
    2: Shards
    3: Otriad

Elite: Blindead
    1: s1
    2: e2

Tomi: Weyes Blood
    1: Andromeda
    2: Everyday
    3: Something to Believe

??: Van Der Graaf Generator
    1: A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers

??: La Dispute
    1:  R_se __artz
    2:  __lt_n Street I
    3:  I See E_er_thin_
    4:  Rh_d_nite and _rie_
    5:  _in_ _ar_

Lethean: Riverside
    1: Saturate Me
    2: River Down Below
    3: Discard Your Fear

??: Thy Catafalque
    1:  _e_ete _ez__
    2:  Tril__ita
    3:  __ ____an

Guessed letters: AZDEHRSINLT

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Indiscipline

Quote from: ariich on May 06, 2020, 03:46:12 PM

Quote from: Indiscipline on May 06, 2020, 03:45:21 PM
I think I'm 6
Nope.

And now for bed, to sleep perchance to dream, etc.

I was just sharing my problems with age, didn't need a reality check.

Good night nonetheless.

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Nekov

TAC

Quote from: ariich on May 06, 2020, 03:47:46 PM
'night all!

Leaving America hanging!

Indiscipline is still up!!

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Sacul

Glad you sent Weyes Blood, tomi. I'd have probably picked up Movies instead of Everyday but it's still a great song :metal

jingle.boy

Quote from: ariich on May 06, 2020, 02:16:29 PM
Round 1 first impressions

5. This is rather lovely.
7. Very pleasant background music.
9. Very epic, and varied but also consistent in mood.
11. There's a lot to take in on first listen, but what a great sound.
14. A solid example of the genre, if perhaps not particularly a standout one.
15. This is exactly what I expected it to sound like... and that's no bad thing.
16. Some lovely moments, but also others than sounded a little run of the mill.
18. This has a lovely warmth to it, and I liked this more than I might have expected.
21. A style you've sent me before, but this feels more immediately engaging than it sometimes is.

Gonna go out on a ledge and say any of these could apply to Subsignal.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Sacul

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.

Lethean

Tomislav95

Quote from: Sacul on May 06, 2020, 04:52:09 PM
Glad you sent Weyes Blood, tomi. I'd have probably picked up Movies instead of Everyday but it's still a great song :metal
I like Everyday a bit better. And Movies is quite "weird", didn't know if host'd like it. Almost sent both but there were a few seconds over 20 minutes :lol

Elite

There's so much stuff that's very easy to figure out in the hangman based on the letters already guessed, but I'm not feeling like typing out all the obvious stuff, so here's the two songs I sent, which are not going to be 'guessed' if we're only doing letters: s1 & e2.

Aren't those catchy titles indeed?
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

jingle.boy

Quote from: Lethean on May 06, 2020, 11:27:40 PM
Damnit jingle!

*Crosses Subsignal off the list*

Why do you think I played hem instantly!? As soon as I saw them missing in Rich's RYM, I knew I would be cockblocking someone for later rounds - you, Joe, Diego ... perhaps others.

Evermind

I think someone used Sieges Even in previous roulettes and it didn't go too well.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

jingle.boy

Quote from: Evermind on May 07, 2020, 03:51:24 AM
I think someone used Sieges Even in previous roulettes and it didn't go too well.

That's cuz Sieges Even is horribly inferior to Subsignal.  It's weird, but I'm just luke-warm on SE, but absolutely adore Subsignal.

Quote from: TAC on May 07, 2020, 04:46:46 AM
Ready for my 7 and a tie for 21st!

Slow down there, Cyril.

Let's see if I can narrow this down a little more.

Quote from: jingle.boy on May 06, 2020, 06:16:16 PM
Quote from: ariich on May 06, 2020, 02:16:29 PM
Round 1 first impressions

5. This is rather lovely.
7. Very pleasant background music.
9. Very epic, and varied but also consistent in mood.
11. There's a lot to take in on first listen, but what a great sound.
14. A solid example of the genre, if perhaps not particularly a standout one.
15. This is exactly what I expected it to sound like... and that's no bad thing.
16. Some lovely moments, but also others than sounded a little run of the mill.
18. This has a lovely warmth to it, and I liked this more than I might have expected.
21. A style you've sent me before, but this feels more immediately engaging than it sometimes is.

Gonna go out on a ledge and say any of these could apply to Subsignal.

I mean, I think "lovely" is a very good way to describe Subsignal.

Indiscipline

LordCost

Quote from: Elite on May 07, 2020, 12:39:27 AM
There's so much stuff that's very easy to figure out in the hangman based on the letters already guessed, but I'm not feeling like typing out all the obvious stuff, so here's the two songs I sent, which are not going to be 'guessed' if we're only doing letters: s1 & e2.

Aren't those catchy titles indeed?
I would have guessed s2 and e1 honestly, I remembered weird song titles for a Blindead album in a music folder of my pc. I thought they were just random filenames initially but then I checked and they were the actual titles.

ariich

The Walrus

Chad is loony toons. Subsignal rocks but nothing they've done is as good as The Art of Navigating by the Stars!

ariich

As a general rule, I would suggest not putting much or even any emphasis on what another band/artist has previously scored simply because they play in the same/similar genre. Looking more widely at what bands I rate highly in a given genre or style might be helpful I suppose, but for the most part my tastes aren't particularly genre-dependent.

This first round is a good demonstration of this as well. The range of styles is immense but honestly I'm liking everything. I'm certain nothing will score below a 7 and most will score above 7.5.

The Walrus

ariich

:lol

East of the Wall scored 7.5 in my first album roulette btw.

Evermind

Quote from: Kattelox on May 07, 2020, 05:44:07 AM
Chad is loony toons. Subsignal rocks but nothing they've done is as good as The Art of Navigating by the Stars!

Yes

Quote from: ariich on May 07, 2020, 06:07:41 AM
As a general rule, I would suggest not putting much or even any emphasis on what another band/artist has previously scored simply because they play in the same/similar genre.

In my opinion, Sieges Even and Subsignal are way more similar than just a "similar genre" :)
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

ariich

Quote from: Evermind on May 07, 2020, 06:17:57 AM
In my opinion, Sieges Even and Subsignal are way more similar than just a "similar genre" :)
I couldn't comment as I've only heard one Sieges Even album and three Subsignal songs.

jingle.boy

Yeah... basically the same band, different name.

Eternal Storm is Tim?

The Walrus

Oh great!  :lol Let's see...

- Evan Carson's last song is Sky
- Rise Twain - Golden
- Buddyhunter sent Lazerhawk: Feel the Rush Tonight, Hypnic, King of the Streets
- Edge of Reality: Attack of the Great Worm, Remorse Code, Illegal Chord

ariich

Quote from: jingle.boy on May 07, 2020, 06:20:39 AM
Eternal Storm is Tim?
Nope.

Quote from: Kattelox on May 07, 2020, 06:20:49 AM
Oh great!  :lol Let's see...

- Evan Carson's last song is Sky
- Rise Twain - Golden
- Buddyhunter sent Lazerhawk: Feel the Rush Tonight, Hypnic, King of the Streets
- Edge of Reality: Attack of the Great Worm, Remorse Code, Illegal Chord
All correct except that Buddy did not send Lazerhawk.

Buddyhunter1

Quote from: Evermind on May 07, 2020, 06:17:57 AM

Interesting, I got them both in my last roulette and they didn't sound that similar to me. Might have just been the choice of songs.

Quote from: Kattelox on May 07, 2020, 06:20:49 AM

No, what the hell is a Lazerhawk :lol

Mine's really obvious tbh

The Walrus

jingle.boy

Train of Naught

The Plot In You: Pillhead

Is Shadow Ninja playing? he could have sent that

Also King Park for La Dispute