The Walrus's Lead-Free Roulette -- now exploring every roulette submission ever

Started by The Walrus, May 27, 2020, 02:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Walrus

Quote from: ariich on July 02, 2020, 03:27:56 PM
Quote from: The Walrus on July 02, 2020, 03:21:47 PM
Quote from: TAC on July 02, 2020, 03:19:15 PM
Can I take his place for the rest of the roulette?

You may, but I'm adjusting your score and you have to start at the bottom :) Just no jokes about anything of any topic because you are a cis white male therefore everything is punching down.
Dude come on, I know you're joking but this is the kind of thing that, like in Cyril's thread, gives the impression that you don't care when I know you do.

If Cyril can set the standards for what matters in his thread why the fuck can't I be salty in my own? I already expressed my remorse and he dismissed it.

TAC

How many rounds of crap do I have to prepare? Do I start in Round 6, or do you want a Round 5 submission tonight?
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

wolfking

Quote from: Cyril on July 02, 2020, 01:33:25 PM
withdrawing from this roulette, have redacted all my submissions

This is what not listening to metal does to people.

ariich

Quote from: The Walrus on July 02, 2020, 03:33:37 PM
Quote from: ariich on July 02, 2020, 03:27:56 PM
Quote from: The Walrus on July 02, 2020, 03:21:47 PM
Quote from: TAC on July 02, 2020, 03:19:15 PM
Can I take his place for the rest of the roulette?

You may, but I'm adjusting your score and you have to start at the bottom :) Just no jokes about anything of any topic because you are a cis white male therefore everything is punching down.
Dude come on, I know you're joking but this is the kind of thing that, like in Cyril's thread, gives the impression that you don't care when I know you do.

If Cyril can set the standards for what matters in his thread why the fuck can't I be salty in my own? I already expressed my remorse and he dismissed it.
I think you both need to cool off, it's become too heated.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

The Walrus

Quote from: TAC on July 02, 2020, 03:39:21 PM
How many rounds of crap do I have to prepare? Do I start in Round 6, or do you want a Round 5 submission tonight?

If you want to give a round 5 submission go for it but be quick, otherwise, send for 6!

TAC

Well, I fucking had Cher all lined up but someone stole it.

Are you posting results tomorrow?
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

The Walrus

Quote from: TAC on July 02, 2020, 04:42:23 PM
Well, I fucking had Cher all lined up but someone stole it.

Are you posting results tomorrow?

Technically Cher isn't banned yet because results haven't been posted.

And at this rate I probably won't have results posted til sometime this weekend, sorry folks. So if you want to send Cher, well, you still have time  :lol

TAC

The Walrus

You hear that, everyone? TAC says he's getting it in tonight!  :lol :lol

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

Wow, there's funny...

..and then there's you guys. :lol

Any way..sent for Round 5!

I actually liked most of what Cyril sent. Moreso then you did, so I'll start where he left off score wise.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

The Walrus

I'm leaving TAC's submission a mystery until results.

Comparisons tomorrow... comparisons with TAC's submission!  :lol

King Postwhore

The Walrus

jingle.boy

And jingle.memes. In fact, everyone should get a chance to meme his submissions.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

TAC

The Walrus

TAC

jingle.boy

Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

The Walrus

Seriously. I'm convinced TAC doesn't have anything to send that isn't rock based  :lol

King Postwhore

The Walrus

This is a really good round. Lots of styles across multiple genres and it's proving really hard to score and rank this one, so forgive me for results taking a while this round... Looking at last round's results, this is how I feel about your submissions, although as you can see, I'm still not totally sure on some of these. I've been wracking my brain the last couple days (and this morning) with how to score... This round is really impressive  :corn

1. Evermind ^
2. HOF ^
3. kingshmegland ^
4. Shadow Ninja 2.0 ??
5. ariich ^
6. Puppies_On_Acid ??
7. Indiscipline ^
8. Elite ^
9. Sacul ^
10. Podaar ??
11. Stadler v
12. Bolsters v
13. Big Hath ??
14. Buddyhunter1 ^
15. wolfking ^
16. Train of Naught v
17. romdrums ??
18. jingle.boy =
19. TAC v  :loser:

King Postwhore

Train of Naught

Not gutted to score lower than my Clarence Clarity submission :lol but hope it still did great! As someone who probably listens to max. 10 hip hop artists with vocals (I tend to prefer instrumental hip hop), Clipping. really blew my mind with their latest album

Sacul

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

The Walrus

TAC SHOULD get negative points for sending Michael damn Schenker in this roulette. Rest assured I'll be pressuring him for something more adventurous next round.

King Postwhore

Quote from: The Walrus on July 03, 2020, 09:27:34 AM
TAC SHOULD get negative points for sending Michael damn Schenker in this roulette. Rest assured I'll be pressuring him for something more adventurous next round.

TAC was born with a Blue Cheer Tee shirt on.

TAC

Why?? It's totally Lead Free.

And it's totally winning the round.

The Walrus

Quote from: TAC on July 03, 2020, 09:36:49 AM

Why?? It's totally Lead Free.

And it's totally winning the round.

You send a focking light rock song and a bunch of guitar wanking. I seriously thought it was a joke submission. I was honestly hoping you would send Cher 'cause that's what this roulette is all about :lol  :lol

jingle.boy

TAC

Well I was gonna send Cher but it was taken. So was Duran Duran and Wham. Hell even Crowded House was used. What's a guy to do!

And it's not guitar wanking. It's amazing playing and a different side than one might expect. You've been given a gift.

The Walrus

Quote from: TAC on July 03, 2020, 09:48:32 AM
Well I was gonna send Cher but it was taken. So was Duran Duran and Wham. Hell even Crowded House was used. What's a guy to do!

And it's not guitar wanking. It's amazing playing and a different side than one might expect. You've been given a gift.

I LITERALLY SAID Cher wasn't banned, last night, until results get posted. Then you said "oh okay!" and sent Michael Schenker instead  :rollin MICHAEL SCHENKER! That's like fucking sending Malmsteen's blues record in this roulette because it isn't metal. Well it's still Yngwie, mofo! I should've just told you to resend! :lol  :lol

TAC

It is less Lead than both Eric Johnson and Jeff Beck.

Don't fight it man. Let it wash over you.