News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Biggest Dream Theater online community since 2007.

Main Menu

The Walrus's Lead-Free Roulette -- now exploring every roulette submission ever

Started by The Walrus, May 27, 2020, 02:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Walrus

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Tim, I am howling.

Chad, unless I missed something, yours is the "this reminds me of a band I can't stand" impression and you didn't guess that one.

Indiscipline

6 or 8 according to Katt, more cowbell according to TAC?

Evermind

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

The Walrus

Very good guesses, Indi, but no.

Because I have - gasp - actual work to do for a change, I will leave you with the actual list. Now is the Era of Crankshaft. This list is copied from a notepad file from earlier but I'm pretty sure the impressions are the same.

Results at the end of the week.

1. Like a nice dose of musical candy [wolfking]
2. I expected to hate this, but was impressed [Podaar]
3. Borderline cheating, I hear one of these songs at work every week [Elite]
4. Like slowly dipping myself into a cold bath after a long hot day [Evermind]
5. Exactly what I was hoping to get in this roulette [Puppies]
6. No doubt about it, this is certainly interesting [Sacul]
7. You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention [Big Hath]
8. Perfectly embraces the spirit of this roulette [ariich]
9. Holy shit [Indiscipline]
10. That was super relaxing [Shadow Ninja 2.0]
11. This is totally music that fits where I live [Stadler]
12. This voice reminds me of a band I can't stand [jingle.boy]
13. There's a very nice twist here but otherwise I'm not sold yet [HOF]
14. Adventurous yet somehow tamer than I expected [Train of Naught]
15. Tommy Boy: "That. Was. Awesome!" [Bolsters]
16. You bastard [kingshmegland]
17. Surprised I have never heard of this guy or been sent his music tbh [romdrums]
18. Vocals: eh, everything else: yes [Buddyhunter1]

Evermind

I've just lined up the next few rounds and not gonna lie, I'm kinda thrilled to send this to you Mike!

Coincidentally, "this" is the anagram of "shit", so Tim can read the previous sentence as "I'm kinda thrilled to send shit to you Mike".
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

jingle.boy

Katt... you gone f'd up then:

Quote from: Kattelox on June 01, 2020, 09:13:55 AM
Quote from: HOF on June 01, 2020, 08:57:47 AM
Quote from: Kattelox on June 01, 2020, 08:26:16 AM
13. This voice reminds me of a band I can't stand

19. Vocals: eh, everything else: yes

These are probably the two Kip Winger entries. I once showed a music professor some of Kip's music in college, and he listened for about a minute before turning it off and saying "the vocals sound like Bon Jovi!"  ::)

Close, but no cigar.
Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

The Walrus

In my defense, I meant to clarify that that particular selection was not HOF's Winger selection. Suck it, Chad!  :loser: ok bai~

King Postwhore

I hope that "You bastard" is your wallet screaming because it will be lighter from some new purchases.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

Quote from: Cyril on June 01, 2020, 11:48:37 AM
i have absolutely no clue which of those could be mine.

Let me help you..

Quote from: Evermind on June 01, 2020, 11:50:44 AM

I'd guess this one's mine.

Not yours.

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

jingle.boy

Quote from: Kattelox on June 01, 2020, 11:57:10 AM
In my defense, I meant to clarify that that particular selection was not HOF's Winger selection. Suck it, Chad!  :loser: ok bai~

In *my* defense, you seemed pretty clear:

HOF - "These are probably the two Kip Winger entries"
Katt - "close but no cigar"

Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Crow

apparently not what this roulette was looking for according to katt  :corn

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Sacul

TAC

Quote from: Cyril on June 01, 2020, 12:14:49 PM
apparently not what this roulette was looking for according to katt  :corn

Well, he called it warm and pretty, which are not two words that I'd describe it  :lol but I have no doubt it'll do well.

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

Sacul

TAC, is mine the one about the 3 songs with the same beat? :lol

TAC

Quote from: Sacul on June 01, 2020, 01:22:35 PM
TAC, is mine the one about the 3 songs with the same beat? :lol

Nope. Let me help you. Suffice to say that you have again sent the strangest f'n batch of songs in the whole round. And in this round, that's saying something. :lol

Quote from: TAC on June 01, 2020, 12:09:41 PM

Podaar

Please, Thor, if any administrator from oldmenthinkmemegeneratorsarestillfunny.com is reading this, I beg you, cut off TAC's account. STAT!

Or alternately. Bosky...:bosk1:

ariich

Quote from: Podaar on June 01, 2020, 01:28:20 PM
Please, Thor, if any administrator from oldmenthinkmemegeneratorsarestillfunny.com is reading this, I beg you, cut off TAC's account. STAT!

Or alternately. Bosky...:bosk1:
It may be bosk's banhammer, but I can still wield it too. I'm like Captain America, just with worse teeth.

The Walrus

Honestly, I'm ready to just hand over impressions to Tim every round. Those images are cracking me up

wolfking

Just woke up, but I was going to guess number 1, so that's nice.

The Walrus

:corn

Because this roulette is already moving at light speed, I've updated the OP at the top with all the round info: submissions list, Katt impressions, Judge Crankshaft's Timpressions, and results TBA (results will include the complete banlist of artists sent in the roulette to date). The rest of the rounds will also have links to comparisons. Hopefully that will keep this neat and help people keep track of music that was already sent.

ariich's format is definitely my favorite of all that I've done so far. Ya'll should do it too.

Podaar

Quote from: Kattelox on June 01, 2020, 01:40:24 PM
Honestly, I'm ready to just hand over impressions to Tim every round. Those images are cracking me up

wolfking

I found the memes pretty amusing myself....

wolfking

Can't wait to find out which meme was mine.

The Walrus

Tim has been granted the Official Seal of Approval to continue his Timpressions.  :natalieportman:  :corn

TAC

jingle.boy

The Walrus

Chad, the band I was referring to in my impression was Threshold, btw.  :lol

Crow

wolfking

I must have somehow missed the Hell and Goates one.  :lol

wolfking

Saying that, I have no fucking idea what that means!  :lol