The Walrus's Lead-Free Roulette -- now exploring every roulette submission ever

Started by The Walrus, May 27, 2020, 02:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

Some of the worst music I've ever heard...

Impressions inspired by the cat pictures a few pages back.

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: DTwwbwMP on October 10, 2024, 11:26:46 AMDISAPPOINTED.. I hoped for something more along the lines of ADTOE.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: DTwwbwMP on October 10, 2024, 11:26:46 AMDISAPPOINTED.. I hoped for something more along the lines of ADTOE.

Crow

TAC

Crow

it's okay, we all know you're completely allergic to electricity in general

TAC

It's not just you. This round had a ton of unlistenable music for me. I only had to listen to it once, barely. K-Lox asked for this. I don't know how I would ever get through this round.

Buddyhunter1

Indiscipline

wolfking

HOF

Mine could well be the annoying voice one (I kind of thought so at first myself!). Turns out it's a really amazing voice once you get to know it.

Elite

Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

jingle.boy

Quote from: Indiscipline on June 09, 2020, 07:49:49 PM
Annoying voice? Really?

Trust me, that one is reserved for Damian Wilson. I guaran-damn-tee it.
Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Podaar

Honestly, I have no clue as to how Tim would feel about Vince Gill's music. I'd guess he'd not want to listen to it out of choice, but some of these "memes" are pretty harsh. I can't imagine anyone having that strong of opposition to these songs.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Podaar on June 10, 2020, 04:24:03 AM
Honestly, I have no clue as to how Tim would feel about Vince Gill's music. I'd guess he'd not want to listen to it out of choice, but some of these "memes" are pretty harsh. I can't imagine anyone having that strong of opposition to these songs.

Have you 'met' Tim?
Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

The Walrus

romdrums

Stadler

No grey area for mine.  :)   But are "vittles" good or bad?   

The Walrus

Fun fact: while TAC hated this round possibly more than anything he's heard in recent years, I think it's one of the strongest rounds I've ever received in a roulette. That said, there is one - ONE - submission that I just do not connect with, and a couple others that aren't quite sinking their teeth into me, but I don't dislike them. All the others are in a vicious battle for scores, and scoring is going to be a doozy this time.

Kattpressions coming up soon.

Buddyhunter1

The Walrus

Enjoy some impressions from K-LOX 105.9 in the morning starring Crankshaft & Katt; hopefully these are easier to pick out :)

1. And people say the metal I listen to is Disney music. WTF?
2. I wish I had some weed for this.
3. I really wish I had some weed for this.
4. This is quaint and pleasant; one of these is not like the others - I just hope the others are growers
5. This is epic and gorgeous and one of these sounds like it should play in This Is The End when the Backstreet Boys are doing a choreographed dance in Heaven
6. I have definitely heard one of these groovy songs before, and it's great - I just hope the others are growers [Indiscipline - Stevie Wonder]
7. The variety of this artist really impresses me, and the amount of electronics caught me off guard. [Elite - Ulver]
8. I think doubling down on your strategy from round 1 was a good idea
9. What a wonderful voice.
10. Part of this sounds like Sonic the Hedgehog, part of it sounds like I should be listening to it at a rave, but the whole package is delightful
11. I bet you cheated on tests in school, too, you clever bastard!
12. Way more fun than your last submission - nice variety and good beats.
13. Very enjoyable, and I hope to experience this in context sooner than later
14. Best lyrics of the round and it's not even close
15. I think I grew a mullet and a taste for Bud Light listening to this, but I'm not complaining, he's very fun to listen to
16. This music makes me wish I had a modicum of dancing skill in my body. This is amazing.
17. Quirky, with a hint of Lady Gaga. What a voice!
18. This is better than the other stuff I've heard from this artist!
19. There's a Toto vibe in here that I really like

I wrote these down immediately after the first listen. A lot of these have not changed, but a couple have... we'll see what the next few days of listening bring.  :corn

Elite

Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:

Buddyhunter1

Quote1. And people say the metal I listen to is Disney music. WTF?

Well never fucking mind then. :rollin

The Walrus

Indiscipline

The Walrus

Elite

Quote from: Kattelox on June 10, 2020, 09:22:47 AM
Elite, yes!

And then I didn't even send their black metal, weird metal, folk, modern classical, film score, ambient or drone stuff :neverusethis:

The Walrus

"Weird metal"  :lol

New page (for me) so here it is again.

1. And people say the metal I listen to is Disney music. WTF?
2. I wish I had some weed for this.
3. I really wish I had some weed for this.
4. This is quaint and pleasant; one of these is not like the others - I just hope the others are growers [HOF - Sweet Billy Pilgrim]
5. This is epic and gorgeous and one of these sounds like it should play in This Is The End when the Backstreet Boys are doing a choreographed dance in Heaven [Evermind - Enigma]
6. I have definitely heard one of these groovy songs before, and it's great - I just hope the others are growers [Indi - Stevie Wonder]
7. The variety of this artist really impresses me, and the amount of electronics caught me off guard. [Elite - Ulver]
8. I think doubling down on your strategy from round 1 was a good idea
9. What a wonderful voice. [Stadler - Elvis Presley]
10. Part of this sounds like Sonic the Hedgehog, part of it sounds like I should be listening to it at a rave, but the whole package is delightful
11. I bet you cheated on tests in school, too, you clever bastard! [Buddy - Revo (Bravely Default OST)]
12. Way more fun than your last submission - nice variety and good beats. [Sacul - Justice]
13. Very enjoyable, and I hope to experience this in context sooner than later [Cyril - Lena Raine (Celeste OST)]
14. Best lyrics of the round and it's not even close [Big Hath - Jason Isbell]
15. I think I grew a mullet and a taste for Bud Light listening to this, but I'm not complaining, he's very fun to listen to [Podaar - Vince Gill]
16. This music makes me wish I had a modicum of dancing skill in my body. This is amazing.
17. Quirky, with a hint of Lady Gaga. What a voice!
18. This is better than the other stuff I've heard from this artist! [ariich - Submotion Orchestra]
19. There's a Toto vibe in here that I really like

Buddyhunter1

Oh, okay. I was about to say, is there a prize for getting a higher score from TAC than from you? :lol

13 then? That could be Cyril's too.
Maybe 11 (only once in a 7th grade pre-algebra test!)

The Walrus

HOF

I'm claiming 14 as mine, whether you agree or not.

The Walrus

Quote from: HOF on June 10, 2020, 09:32:21 AM
I'm claiming 14 as mine, whether you agree or not.

Now that's the confidence I like to see :lol lucky for you, you at least got one of the numbers right...

Crow

i was gonna guess 13 as mine too but buddy beat me to it, rip