News:

BREAKING NEWS:  Dream Theater reunites with drummer Mike Portnoy (10/25/23)

Main Menu

The post funny stuff thread v.Aleph-naught

Started by XJDenton, August 25, 2020, 08:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stadler

Helen Keller made me laugh out loud.  I liked the pen one too.

Don't "quite" get the caption for the one with the ear things, but the picture is funny.

CraftyCaleb2483

"Frustration is frustratingly frustrating."
"From experience, I know that a squishy ripe mango is about as squishy as a ripe mango."

Adami

Quote from: Stadler on August 16, 2024, 09:36:07 AMDon't "quite" get the caption for the one with the ear things, but the picture is funny.

I believe it's an obscure reference to Pericles or possibly Thomas Jefferson.
www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

El Barto

Amazingly, championship swimmers have to be rescued more often than you think.

pg1067

Quote from: Stadler on August 16, 2024, 09:36:07 AMDon't "quite" get the caption for the one with the ear things, but the picture is funny.

I think it's a play on this concept:

Quote from: El Barto on August 16, 2024, 10:17:54 AMAmazingly, championship swimmers have to be rescued more often than you think.

This reminds me of a feature at one of the Olympics back in the late '80s or early '90s about a swimmer from some African country who could barely swim a lap.

King Postwhore

Girl, you know you oughta treat me good...

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: jingle.boy on August 16, 2024, 05:52:18 AM
Ah, the Tarantula Hawk. We have them here in Nevada too. They are at the top of the Schmidt Pain Index along with the Bullet Ant. They basically sting the spider which paralyzes it, but doesn't kill it, then it drags it to it's den and lays its eggs inside of it. The larvae then eat their way out of the spider, which is still alive......but not for long.

Quote from: pg1067 on August 16, 2024, 08:41:35 AM"Stay fresh, cheese bags!" needs to catch on.
I've actually been using this phrase for a few years now to great effect  :lol That picture showed up in this thread a few years back.
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

lonestar

CraftyCaleb2483

"From experience, I know that a squishy ripe mango is about as squishy as a ripe mango."

faizoff

lonestar

"Reparations as an interpretive dance"  :rollin  :rollin

Zydar

CraftyCaleb2483

jammindude

Quote from: lonestar on August 17, 2024, 05:35:09 AMThis might be the best comments section ever...

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8MmAbViFe_/

"Freshly fallen snow landing on a new lambs back drawn on a crisp piece of printer paper isn't even close to how white this is."

I'm dying!! :rollin  :rollin  :rollin

ReaperKK

Not sure if this quite the right thread to post this pic but I saw this dude on the drive home today:

I was going to pull up next to him and blast some DT but unfortunately the uhaul truck I was driving wasn't up to the task :lol

lonestar

What type of weak dick Uhaul did you rent that couldn't keep pace with an M4?

ReaperKK

Quote from: lonestar on August 17, 2024, 05:10:05 PMWhat type of weak dick Uhaul did you rent that couldn't keep pace with an M4?

:lol, I was giving that silverado all she had.

My wife has been roasting me all day because I too have a bmw on the way and she is asking what DT vanity plate I'm getting. I'm thinking KEVMMMORE

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

lonestar

Quote from: ReaperKK on August 17, 2024, 05:12:40 PM:lol, I was giving that silverado all she had.

My wife has been roasting me all day because I too have a bmw on the way and she is asking what DT vanity plate I'm getting. I'm thinking KEVMMMORE

How many letters are you allowed? I always wanted METAL AF myself but am too cheap. My Jmetal buddy has Band Maid guitarist's Kanami's name on his, KANAMI1, so remember that any time y'all wanna give me shit about my obsession

TAC

Quote from: lonestar on August 17, 2024, 05:21:18 PMHow many letters are you allowed? I always wanted METAL AF myself but am too cheap. My Jmetal buddy has Band Maid guitarist's Kanami's name on his, KANAMI1, so remember that any time y'all wanna give me shit about my obsession

...we'll remember how cheap you are too. ;D

ReaperKK

Yngwie wouldn't dare to own something so reliable, my favorite license plate was when I first moved up to NC some years back:

Jamesman42

Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on August 13, 2024, 09:47:39 AMYes, insignificant humans! Cthulhu's time is now!
That ain't Cthulhu, that's Progenitus!

\o\ lol /o/

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Jamesman42 on August 17, 2024, 05:55:09 PMThat ain't Cthulhu, that's Progenitus!

Damn, you're right. I thought I recognized that from somewhere. :lol
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

lonestar

Quote from: TAC on August 17, 2024, 05:24:10 PM...we'll remember how cheap you are too. ;D

The again I did get two more Nemophila shirts from Japan today...

El Barto

Quote from: ReaperKK on August 17, 2024, 05:29:09 PMYngwie wouldn't dare to own something so reliable,
Nope. Longstanding Ferrari cultist. :lol

DT must be making a resurgence. I saw somebody with a decal of the Majesty logo just the other day.

ReaperKK

That's funny you say that because my brother sent me a pic this morning of someone driving around FL with a majesty decal on their rear window.

Stadler

I saw "SBATON" on a motorcycle this weekend.

Stadler

hefdaddy42

Quote from: lonestar on August 17, 2024, 05:21:18 PMHow many letters are you allowed? I always wanted METAL AF myself but am too cheap. My Jmetal buddy has Band Maid guitarist's Kanami's name on his, KANAMI1, so remember that any time y'all wanna give me shit about my obsession
Not sure if it varies state to state, but here in North Carolina you get 8 characters max.

I have often thought of getting 2BRNOT2B.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

pg1067

Quote from: lonestar on August 17, 2024, 05:21:18 PMHow many letters are you allowed? I always wanted METAL AF myself but am too cheap.

In California, you get seven characters plus a half space.  The problem with "METAL AF" is that you'd have to come up with an explanation for the "AF" other than what it actually means and hope the person reviewing your request believes you.

MANY years ago, I either saw or heard someone talking about someone having "ILV2BEX."  If it was true, I wonder what the fake explanation was.   :lol

ReaperKK

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on August 19, 2024, 07:20:12 AMNot sure if it varies state to state, but here in North Carolina you get 8 characters max.

I have often thought of getting 2BRNOT2B.

What about IMABT2BR?

pg1067

CraftyCaleb2483

wolfking

^^^^ That dog one had me literally in hysterics.  Just so simple and yet classy and clever.  :lol