Need help identifying random pictures

Started by T-ski, October 23, 2020, 06:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-ski

**this original post is from October of 2020, please go to page three for the current pics**

I am participating in the Worlds Largest Trivia Contest this weekend and part of the contest includes identifying these pictures.... http://90fmtrivia.org/Hour_ThirtyOne/Picture_page.pdf

Our team has already figured out 1, 6, 14, 21 and 23. Picture 24 is random business signs from the city that hosts the contest so I don't expect anyone to figure that one out.

The contest ends Sunday the 25th at midnight so time is of the essence!

Thanks for any help you can give me.

millahh

I think 14 is from Beetle Bailey?

#5 & #16 are vying to be the cover of my debut album....

T-ski

Quote from: millahh on October 23, 2020, 07:18:44 AM
I think 14 is from Beetle Bailey?

That's one we knew

Quote#5 & #16 are vying to be the cover of my debut album....

:lol

Cool Chris

El Barto

24 is the only one of them I could figure out.  :lol

T-ski

El Barto

El Barto

El Barto

9 is the album cover to Tightly Knit by the Climax Blues Band.

T-ski

El Barto

Stadler

Number 16 isn't exactly, but it looks like an album cover that Jack Davis (of Mad Magazine) did back in the '60's for "Monster Rally".  The background is different, but the conductor is EXACTLY the same.

Stadler

El Barto

Quote from: Stadler on October 23, 2020, 08:57:17 AM
Number 16 isn't exactly, but it looks like an album cover that Jack Davis (of Mad Magazine) did back in the '60's for "Monster Rally".  The background is different, but the conductor is EXACTLY the same.

The cover to Flamin' Groovies by Fantastic Plastic.

That one was a bitch. The album cover was painted by somebody else as an homage to Jack Davis, which is what made it so hard to find.

T-ski

Quote from: El Barto on October 23, 2020, 09:15:47 AM
Quote from: Stadler on October 23, 2020, 08:57:17 AM

The cover to Flamin' Groovies by Fantastic Plastic.

That one was a bitch. The album cover was painted by somebody else as an homage to Jack Davis, which is what made it so hard to find.

The guys who run the contest are smart and tricky, that's why some of these are hard to find.

El Barto

5 is a section of the back cover to The Button-Down Mind of Bob Newhart.

El Barto

8 is Birch Bender's Paleo Toaster Waffels

El Barto

T-ski

If anyone is curious about the contest, it is broadcast thru 90fm WWSP. IT STARTS AT 6pm Friday the 23rd.

Here's more info....  https://www.90fmtrivia.org/

Stadler

I was thinking 13 is William Lee Golden, of the Oak Ridge Boys, but I don't think that's right.  I don't think it's Leon Russell, either.

Stadler

The Walrus

Stadler

Picture 7 is a Reese's Puffs Cereal Box.

El Barto

17 is Green Bay Packers safety Bobby Dillon.

T-ski

Quote from: Stadler on October 23, 2020, 09:51:05 AM
Picture 7 is a Reese's Puffs Cereal Box.

You have a link to this, I feel they're going to ask for something more specific. Thanks.

T-ski

You guys are all honorary members of team "#MarkIsOld" by the way.  :metal

Stadler

Stadler

Throwing out ideas in case it incites something with the others:

3.  Not Winnie The Pooh, but a bear with a honey jar.
10.  This one is driving me crazy; I was thinking 40's/50's cigarette ad (look at the gifts), then stewardess, then Oreo Cookie Tin (the commemorative ones).  Got nothing.   (Though I will say, the ads in the 50's and 60's, especially for things like cigarettes and air travel as SEXIST AF.)
11. Gondola from Venice, but is that a caricature of the Leaning Tower of Pisa?  Is that an ad for Italia?
13. Already said, I thought it was William Lee Golden but now don't think so. It's not Leon Russell either.   
15. No clue
18.  I thought it was an extreme closeup of a character of some kind; that being the smile and nose of a dog maybe?
20.  Smiling ear of corn.
22. Flame ball; the pixels could be a video game or just a low quality photo.  Heart burn ad?   Athlete's Foot?

Stadler

T-ski

jingle.boy

How 'bout the list, so that we know which ones are still needed?
Quote from: Jamesman42 on Today at 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

T-ski

Quote from: jingle.boy on October 23, 2020, 11:59:21 AM

Still looking for..

Stadler

Quote from: jingle.boy on October 23, 2020, 11:59:21 AM

See my post #27.

El Barto

Quote from: Stadler on October 23, 2020, 11:16:15 AM
Throwing out ideas in case it incites something with the others:

3.  Not Winnie The Pooh, but a bear with a honey jar.

Also not the logo for any brand of honey.

11. Gondola from Venice, but is that a caricature of the Leaning Tower of Pisa?  Is that an ad for Italia?
I'm was thinking pizzeria, just based on the style.  Also, boat moorings in Venice look like barber poles.

Quote18.  I thought it was an extreme closeup of a character of some kind; that being the smile and nose of a dog maybe?
Same thought here. First thing I thought of was Minnie Mouse.

Quote22. Flame ball; the pixels could be a video game or just a low quality photo.  Heart burn ad?   Athlete's Foot?
Low quality graphic from an ad, I think, though I did also consider video game character. Could be anything. My hunch is that it shows up on the back of a bag of chips or something.

Quote13. Already said, I thought it was William Lee Golden but now don't think so. It's not Leon Russell either. 
I'm somewhat confident it'll be an inset of a live album cover. Maybe a gatefold. And Leon Russell might be the guy. The problem is that it'll come from a much bigger picture. These guys have done a fairly good job of making sure they can't be image searched, and zooming in on tiny bits of big pictures is one of their tricks. Don't count on it being B&W, either.

T-ski

My kid thought 18 could be from Goldfish crackers but I don't think so.