Things I find a tad exasperating v.3

Started by XJDenton, June 26, 2021, 01:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOF

I see no reason why hamburgers can't be seasoned any way you please. This is America (in case you don't live in America. See your local laws).

TAC

Quote from: jammindude on February 01, 2024, 06:31:55 PM
Just told my wife about this conversation. She reminded me that she often will just chop up a sweet onion and mix it in with the hamburger before making patties.

No soup mix. Just chopped sweet onions.

Still meatloaf?  :angel:

Yes.

Onions on a burger-still a burger

Onions in a burger-loaf!

And remind me to not stop over for "burgers" next time I'm in Washington :lol
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: DTwwbwMP on October 10, 2024, 11:26:46 AMDISAPPOINTED.. I hoped for something more along the lines of ADTOE.

Cool Chris

I am a tad exasperated at all these posts singing the praises of meatloaf.
Maybe the grass is greener on the other side because you're not over there fucking it up.

jammindude

Quote from: Cool Chris on February 01, 2024, 07:30:51 PM

You haven't had my wife's meatloaf. 

And I don't mean Tim's deranged definition either. She makes a great ACTUAL meatloaf.  Made with eggs, onions, Dijon mustard, and her own secret "instead of breadcrumbs" filler mixture that she wants me to keep a secret. [edit - there are a few other seasonings as well...but she's pretty close to the chest with her seasoning secrets] But it's amazing. Mrs.  Dude is an amazing cook.

HOF

It's been so long since I've had meatloaf I can't remember if I liked it or not. I feel like it was kind of a disappointing meal, but I remember liking the crusty edges. I just remembered we used to eat the leftovers on white bread with mayo, which seems gross when I think about it even though I like mayo now (hated it as a kid). I also haven't had white bread as an adult probably come to think of it.

Cool Chris

Quote from: jammindude on February 01, 2024, 07:38:57 PM

And I don't mean Tim's deranged definition either. She makes a great ACTUAL meatloaf.  Made with eggs, onions, Dijon mustard, and her own secret "instead of breadcrumbs" filler mixture that she wants me to keep a secret. [edit - there are a few other seasonings as well...but she's pretty close to the chest with her seasoning secrets] But it's amazing. Mrs.  Dude is an amazing cook.

I am sorry, I could not read your post through the drizzling juicy goodness of my properly seasoned hamburger.  :)

We use that onion soup mix periodically for other meals, but have never used it with hamburgers, or with meatloaf, because why would anyone ever willingly make meatloaf?

Now I want hamburgers. We went to Red Robin the other night, which I had not been to in ages. I ordered a Bleu Ribbon burger, because obviously. And on the menu it is "It's back" so apparently it was off the menu for a while?
Maybe the grass is greener on the other side because you're not over there fucking it up.

MirrorMask

Why? if you don't like the music is fine, but the guy had an hell of a voice and together with Jim Steinman he penned some timeless classics of hard rock.

King Postwhore

Just like Tim's music taste his food stays in one lane, only.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Jamesman42

Quote from: jammindude on February 01, 2024, 07:38:57 PM

Yeah, meatloaf can be amazing. I make a damn good one when we have the time for me to make it. Probably not as good as your wife's.
\o\ lol /o/

Chino

Quote from: MirrorMask on February 02, 2024, 01:07:05 AM

Why? if you don't like the music is fine, but the guy had an hell of a voice and together with Jim Steinman he penned some timeless classics of hard rock.

Jim Steinman was the best song writer that was alive during my lifetime, IMO. I've got a framed Bad for Good vinyl displayed in my office, right next to a signed copy of Bat Out of Hell.

The dude was a genius. His CT home is for sale, and it looks exactly as you'd expect his house to.

https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/music-producer-home-in-ridgefield-ct-back-on-the-market-for-4-5m/

Also, Meat would have hated your post  :lol

https://www.businessinsider.com/meat-loaf-called-people-spell-name-as-one-word-idiots-2022-1

QuoteThe singer, who died on Thursday aged 74, once said: "When I see my name spelt with one word, I want to slap and choke people."

"If you do that, you got to be a moron. It's on every poster, every album and every ticket as two words. If you spell it as one, you're an idiot. Bottom line," he said.

faizoff

MirrorMask

Quote from: Chino on February 02, 2024, 04:55:07 AM

Jim Steinman is the best song writer that was alive during my lifetime, IMO. I've got a framed Bad for Good vinyl displayed in my office, right next to a signed copy of Bat Out of Hell.

The dude was a genius. His CT home is for sale, and it looks exactly as you'd expect his house to.

[snip]

Also, Meat would have hated your post  :lol

https://www.businessinsider.com/meat-loaf-called-people-spell-name-as-one-word-idiots-2022-1

QuoteThe singer, who died on Thursday aged 74, once said: "When I see my name spelt with one word, I want to slap and choke people."

"If you do that, you got to be a moron. It's on every poster, every album and every ticket as two words. If you spell it as one, you're an idiot. Bottom line," he said.

I know how to spell Meat Loaf's name, but I wouldn't let something as trivial as grammar come in the way of a silly joke  :lol

And holy shit Jim Steinman's house is glorious. Such a pity we lost them both in a short span of time.....

ReaperKK

That's an awesome house Chino. I love the museum lighting.

Lonk

Price gouging.

So I had April 8th, 2024 mark on the calendar for the last 7 years because of the upcoming solar eclipse. In December, I started looking into places to stay and planning a trip so I can be at the path of totality. Hotels and AirBnB were around the $100 - $200/night in the area I was looking at, but I couldn't book it that early because I needed to make sure my schedule would work for it. I checked 2 weeks ago, and same prices. I'm finally able to move forward so I checked yesterday and I guess all the hotels realized what's happening because prices went up to over $1200 per night for the same hotels, and they added a minimum of a 3 night stay. AirBnBs are worse with some charging over $2000 a night (not counting all the fees they add after)  :lol

I booked a place about an hour drive from the center path of the eclipse for a little under $200 a night, and will just drive to a park with open space the day of the eclipse. Now let's just hope the weather cooperates.

Stadler

HAHA, well done (pun intended).

jingle.boy

Quote from: Vmadera00 on February 02, 2024, 06:54:50 AM
Price gouging.

So I had April 8th, 2024 mark on the calendar for the last 7 years because of the upcoming solar eclipse. In December, I started looking into places to stay and planning a trip so I can be at the path of totality. Hotels and AirBnB were around the $100 - $200/night in the area I was looking at, but I couldn't book it that early because I needed to make sure my schedule would work for it. I checked 2 weeks ago, and same prices. I'm finally able to move forward so I checked yesterday and I guess all the hotels realized what's happening because prices went up to over $1200 per night for the same hotels, and they added a minimum of a 3 night stay. AirBnBs are worse with some charging over $2000 a night (not counting all the fees they add after)  :lol

I booked a place about an hour drive from the center path of the eclipse for a little under $200 a night, and will just drive to a park with open space the day of the eclipse. Now let's just hope the weather cooperates.

I'm quite fortunate that where I live is pretty much in direct path of the central line of the eclipse.  I recall reading that this area is going to see 98% or 99% totality.
Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Stadler

Quote from: ReaperKK on February 02, 2024, 06:08:36 AM
That's an awesome house Chino. I love the museum lighting.

I'd live there in a heartbeat.   Or heart beat, as the case may be.  ;)

Stadler

Price gouging.

Where are you talking about?   Ballpark...

Lonk

Quote from: jingle.boy on February 02, 2024, 07:33:55 AM
I'm quite fortunate that where I live is pretty much in direct path of the central line of the eclipse.  I recall reading that this area is going to see 98% or 99% totality.

Don't know exactly where you are, but the Toronto area is getting pretty much as close to 100% as you can get without being on the path.

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/map/2024-april-8

Quote from: Stadler on February 02, 2024, 07:44:11 AM

At first, I was looking into the Buffalo-Erie area. But I settled for an area north of Lake George in New York. If the weather sucks, I have the flexibility to go north, west or east as a last minute thing.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Vmadera00 on February 02, 2024, 07:52:45 AM
Quote from: jingle.boy on February 02, 2024, 07:33:55 AM

Don't know exactly where you are, but the Toronto area is getting pretty much as close to 100% as you can get without being on the path.

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/map/2024-april-8

Quote from: Stadler on February 02, 2024, 07:44:11 AM

At first, I was looking into the Buffalo-Erie area. But I settled for an area north of Lake George in New York. If the weather sucks, I have the flexibility to go north, west or east as a last minute thing.

That's where I live - Fort Erie ... the border town to Buffalo.
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Lonk

Yeah, you are on the path of totality and almost right at the center  :metal

Stadler

Don't sleep on Rochester, NY.  It's about an hour east of Buffalo, and I just looked; Hilton has rooms in it's various properties on the 8th ranging from $239 to $645.   $645 is INSANE for Rochester, so that goes to what you were saying, but anywhere from $125 to $225 is reasonable for that area.  There's Rochester, the city, and there's West Henrietta (near the airport, and where both RIT and my company are) which is a really nice suburb and only about 10 minutes from the downtown area.

cramx3

Price gouging.

And then it'll be cloudy that day.

But this experience is very much the issue for me trying to go to PSU football games.  A night in State College PA normally is around 100-200 bucks.  You want to stay for a game?  Well since schedules are released years out, those weekends are already set for 2-3 minimum nights and go for 600-900 a night.  GTFO.   We did manage to find an AIRBNB for one night this year, at $1000 and split it four ways to make it doable. 

jingle.boy

Capitalism, bitches!   :metal

Actually, it's just economic theory of supply and demand.

cramx3

Quote from: jingle.boy on February 02, 2024, 09:12:58 AM
Capitalism, bitches!   :metal

Actually, it's just economic theory of supply and demand.

Yeah, I get it.  It just sucks that it becomes unaffordable

Lonk

Quote from: cramx3 on February 02, 2024, 09:09:04 AM
That's the gamble with these types of stuff. It's all weather dependent. The cool thing about an solar eclipse though is that if its cloudy, you still get to experience the darkness part of it, even if you don't necessarily see it. I'm hopeful for good weather, but it's one of those things that I won't know until a few days before.

cramx3

Quote from: Vmadera00 on February 02, 2024, 10:09:30 AM
Quote from: cramx3 on February 02, 2024, 09:09:04 AM
That's the gamble with these types of stuff. It's all weather dependent. The cool thing about an solar eclipse though is that if its cloudy, you still get to experience the darkness part of it, even if you don't necessarily see it. I'm hopeful for good weather, but it's one of those things that I won't know until a few days before.

Yeah, that just makes that cost even more ridiculous because there's a risk.

emtee

Last night on 60 Minutes, Fed chairman Powell said the projected US debt in 30 years will be 144 trillion dollars. He said that equates to 1 million per household. I can't wrap my head around that. Seems to me this path were on will seriously damage this countries foundation.

cramx3

Quote from: emtee on February 05, 2024, 04:43:08 AM
Last night on 60 Minutes, Fed chairman Powell said the projected US debt in 30 years will be 144 trillion dollars. He said that equates to 1 million per household. I can't wrap my head around that. Seems to me this path were on will seriously damage this countries foundation.

Came up in the politics side of the forum recently about the national debt.  I must admit to not truly understanding how it works. It seems unfathomable to think of that much debt and yet, we just keep piling on.

jammindude

Anyone who says "We can fix this."

Anyone who has ever said is obviously ignorant of human nature.

Stadler

Quote from: jammindude on February 05, 2024, 12:31:20 PM

it's not exactly the same thing, but it's a running joke with my wife and I that as soon as someone says "I got this" the only thing you know for absolute certainty is that in fact they do NOT have this. 

wolfking

Quote from: jammindude on February 05, 2024, 12:31:20 PM

Indeed, I always thought Bob the Builder was a stupid fuck.

El Barto

Quote from: Lonk on February 02, 2024, 06:54:50 AM
Price gouging.

Buy good glasses and lens filters now. The gouging has probably already begun, but at least there will still be a great deal of supply.

I drove to Kentucky to see the last one. I'm lucky that this one is passing over Dallas. I'll drive an hour in either direction for a better view, depending on the weather. A total eclipse is a damned impressive thing to see. Part of the reason for all of the effort back in 2017(?) was insurance in case this one got rained out or something.

Jamesman42

We had a partial solar eclipse some time last year here in FL, I made the pinhole box thing and showed my daughter (4) and she liked it for about a second. I was so fascinated with it.

Also, the sunlight at the peak of the eclipse is surreal. It's like a blend of daytime and nighttime, kind of hazy in a way and trippy. I was glad it was the kids' naptime so I could take it all in.
\o\ lol /o/

HOF

The last partial one we had I was totally unaware of it until we went out late in the morning and it looked like afternoon. Took me a little bit to realize what was going on.

One thing I won't do is look at an eclipse through any sort of glasses. Not going to risk my eye sight to see the sun with something in front of it.