News:

BREAKING NEWS:  Dream Theater reunites with drummer Mike Portnoy (10/25/23)

Main Menu

Twosuitsluke's Second Roulette v. Final Results Part 2

Started by twosuitsluke, September 01, 2021, 04:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LithoJazzoSphere

On Beyond the Pale.  And Kip's brother Paul was an engineer on Squeeze.  Good lord, how deep is this rabbit hole of Kevin Bacon?  TAC is beside himself with all this Winger and affiliates talk!  Luke better save us all from the conniption with some results before this turns into the official thread for them. 

TAC

Luke, how about an impression update before these guys go all Winger here.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

TAC

Not sure Bosk would approve of that around here. Wolfking..would definitely approve.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

LithoJazzoSphere

Is there a story behind his avatar?  It seems like a troll move, but maybe there's more to it. 

TAC

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on January 27, 2023, 02:44:01 PM
Is there a story behind his avatar?  It seems like a troll move, but maybe there's more to it.

Wolfking loves himself some Kip, and the lightning was added after his accident.

twosuitsluke

Hey-o, just catching up. Weird night, my wife and I used paint stripper to try stripping all the paint off our stairs (yes,this is how we now spend a kid free evening) and the fumes set off our carbon monoxide detector. My wife panicked, we called 111 and they advised we go to hospital for a blood test.

Well we were in and out quicker than expected, and we were all clear, but it ended up wiping out part of our night and we got home really late.

So yea, apologies for getting back to the Winger thread later than planned. Here's the updated First Impressions...

You know what, these vocals are really  refreshing.

TAC: Well, this is straight up [redacted genre] which reminds me of [redacted artist]. Well they released a great album last year so im loving more than ever at the momeng.

Wolfking: Solid and reliable, which will likely be reflected in the score.

Evermind: Music from this country just has something special about it.

Kingshmegland: I think this sound may be too dated for me.

LithoJazzoSphere: You've potentially gained some sneaky guest vocalist points here. Not sure if that was intentional or not?

Ariich: You probably should've sent like this earlier.

Covers a few different styles I enjoy. Also possible influence on some bands I quite like.

There's only two left but I think it's pretty obvious which one belongs to Buddyhunter1 and which to Nick. Better get my ass moving with results now!
Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

LithoJazzoSphere

Quote from: twosuitsluke on January 28, 2023, 12:59:03 AM
LithoJazzoSphere: You've potentially gained some sneaky guest vocalist points here. Not sure if that was intentional or not?

Now that it's confirmed, it didn't have anything to do with the initial selection of Jeff, but as I tested some different combinations and orders of songs, once I double-checked your list and last.fm, it ensured that I kept the Ihsahn track as "saving the best for last", hoping you'd like it even more than I do. 

Buddyhunter1

QuoteThere's only two left but I think it's pretty obvious which one belongs to Buddyhunter1 and which to Nick.

I'm the last one. :lol

TAC

Quote from: twosuitsluke on January 28, 2023, 12:59:03 AM
Hey-o, just catching up. Weird night, my wife and I used paint stripper to try stripping all the paint off our stairs (yes,this is how we now spend a kid free evening) and the fumes set off our carbon monoxide detector. My wife panicked, we called 111 and they advised we go to hospital for a blood test.

Wow!!

wolfking

Quote from: TAC on January 27, 2023, 02:58:03 PM

Wolfking loves himself some Kip, and the lightning was added after his accident.

From memory after the whole thing with Tim and Winger years ago, correct me if I'm wrong but bosk I think changed all of our avatars to a picture of the band to troll Tim.  Now, I've always liked the band and Kip is one cool good looking guy, that was about it, but the joke just grew about a man crush and I always play on it. 

Now, everyone else changed their avatar back but myself and Jon (Big Hath) just decided to keep it and roll with it.  After my accident and the thread I made about it, the jokes started to come and I was presented with this avatar by.......was it Joe, or Kev?  Anyway, so this incarnation of the avatar could indeed be considered a troll, but it was all originally a troll on Tim.  :lol

TAC

Quote from: wolfking on January 28, 2023, 02:53:19 PM

From memory after the whole thing with Tim and Winger years ago, correct me if I'm wrong but bosk I think changed all of our avatars to a picture of the band to troll Tim.  Now, I've always liked the band and Kip is one cool good looking guy, that was about it, but the joke just grew about a man crush and I always play on it. 

Now, everyone else changed their avatar back but myself and Jon (Big Hath) just decided to keep it and roll with it.  After my accident and the thread I made about it, the jokes started to come and I was presented with this avatar by.......was it Joe, or Kev?  Anyway, so this incarnation of the avatar could indeed be considered a troll, but it was all originally a troll on Tim.  :lol

He did that during the infamous Winger Round in my first roulette. The reactions were priceless.  :lol

LithoJazzoSphere

So Luke's first impression of everything except king's is at least mildly positive, which means king is coming in at the last moment with the surprise victory. 

twosuitsluke

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on January 29, 2023, 11:54:27 AM
So Luke's first impression of everything except king's is at least mildly positive, which means king is coming in at the last moment with the surprise victory.

I'm hoping for an 8 way tie personally
Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

LithoJazzoSphere

I'm totally up for a sudden death single song finale. 

twosuitsluke

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on January 29, 2023, 12:21:33 PM
I'll totally up for a sudden death single song finale.

I will only expect music with Cyborg Monologues

wolfking

Quote from: TAC on January 28, 2023, 02:59:38 PM
Quote from: wolfking on January 28, 2023, 02:53:19 PM

He did that during the infamous Winger Round in my first roulette. The reactions were priceless.  :lol

Definitely one of the biggest mic drops of all time in my time being on here.  :lol

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Evermind

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

twosuitsluke

Sorry guys, been kinda out of action the last few days, as I've been having bad stomach cramps. I'll be taking the day off work tomorrow and trying to get in to see my doctor, so my plan is to try and smash out a load of writeups if I'm not feeling too uncomfortable.

TAC

twosuitsluke

wolfking

twosuitsluke

OK, I can only apologise for how behind I am with this final round, and the lack of updates.

I've put in the hours this evening and drafted up the writeups for everything. This round feels like a bitch to try and score to be honest. Don't expect results in the next 24 hours or anything, but we are getting closer!

Buddyhunter1

It's okay, results have taken so long I've already made it to the acceptance stage of grief. :biggrin:

LithoJazzoSphere

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on February 10, 2023, 02:50:51 PM
It's okay, results have taken so long I've already made it to the acceptance stage of grief. :biggrin:

As long as he beats 425 I think I can live with it.   :police:   As to what the results are, I don't know if I'll be able to live with those.   ;D

TAC

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on February 10, 2023, 02:50:51 PM

Me too.

Buddyhunter1

The one thing that I am upset about is that I discovered a new band like one week after sending for the final round that would have been perfect for it. :lol

TAC

Buddyhunter1

Quote from: TAC on February 10, 2023, 02:59:04 PM
Yeah, that's really upsetting...

I'll send them to you in your roulette eventually and then you can decide if they upset you or not. :lol

TAC

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on February 10, 2023, 03:00:31 PM
Quote from: TAC on February 10, 2023, 02:59:04 PM
Yeah, that's really upsetting...

I'll send them to you in your roulette eventually and then you can decide if they upset you or not. :lol

Yeah, why stop now?  ;D

LithoJazzoSphere

wolfking

It's damn fucking impressive that this thing started on the 1st of September 2021!

twosuitsluke

By impressive I assume you mean infuriating.

I don't know what the record for the longest running roulette (that reaches completion) is but it was no intention of mine to try to beat it. I just really such at hosting roulettes  :loser:

I know we are inundated with roulettes at the moment but remember, when I started this it was the only one running,and the first in some time.

ariich

Also it's important to remember that apart from a bit of a delay for this final round, the general pace was never slow. There was just a full year hiatus.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.