News:

Dreamtheaterforums.org is a place of peace.  ...except when it is a place of BEING ON FIRE!!!

Main Menu

The TAC Roulette V.5...DTF Faves..WTF Am I Missing?? MastoDONE!

Started by TAC, November 07, 2021, 05:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAC

Quote from: 425 on November 08, 2021, 05:11:33 PM
Quote from: TAC on November 08, 2021, 05:07:25 PM
425 just sent added 17 fucking minutes to the playlist.

Sorry  :angel:

I'll be nice on the Neal Morse round and not send an epic.

I've already been threatened with that by someone else, and I told Stadler to forget it.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Quote from: kingshmegland on November 08, 2021, 05:14:38 PM
Screw you buddy. Full on epics.  ;D

World Without End (33:39)
Beyond the Borders (31:23)

Easy -10/10

TAC

Your negative score will be beyond the borders and without end.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Puppies_On_Acid

:rollin

Ahhh, Tim's roulettes are always a good time........At least for the participants...
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

TAC

Round 1 Stats!

29 songs
3 hours

3 songs.. Strapping Young Lad
15...Devin Townsend Project
4...Devin Townsend Band
7...Devin Townsend

3 people used their Wild Cards
It was pretty easy to eliminate one song

2 people used live versions of a couple of songs that two other people used the studio versions
One of them enhanced the song and one of them didn't.

1 song was sent by three different people

There were a handful of songs sent by two people.

Puppies_On_Acid

I'm going to guess that Deadhead was sent by 3 people. And it's also the song that someone sent the live version. Maybe
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard

Puppies_On_Acid

Speaking of live versions, I meant to ask last night if you were cool with receiving live versions. Oh well...

wolfking

I suck at reading.  Was thinking Deadhead was banned but it's Earth Day.

wolfking

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: wolfking on November 08, 2021, 05:47:36 PM
I'm surprised only 3 SYL songs.
If I had to guess, I suspect someone sent Almost Again.

TAC

Quote from: wolfking on November 08, 2021, 05:47:05 PM
I suck at reading.  Was thinking Deadhead was banned but it's Earth Day.

Earth Day might've been one of the worst songs sent in that roulette. :lol

Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on November 08, 2021, 05:41:50 PM
I'm going to guess that Deadhead was sent by 3 people. And it's also the song that someone sent the live version. Maybe

No and no. It was sent by two people however.

TAC

If you guys want a hangman, I can do it, but I'm not doing it until I get home from work tomorrow....2:30pm Boston time.

I suspect the songs would be easy to figure out.

I can post First Impressions though.

wolfking

Quote from: TAC on November 08, 2021, 05:58:08 PM
If you guys want a hangman, I can do it, but I'm not doing it until I get home from work tomorrow....2:30pm Boston time.

I suspect the songs would be easy to figure out.

I can post First Impressions though.

What about this.  How many songs 34?  We all collate on 34 guesses of songs and see how many we can pick.  See how well we know each other.

wolfking

TAC

TAC

wolfking

HOF

Quote from: TAC on November 08, 2021, 05:09:58 PM
Roulette Update

I have made to amendments to the OP.

Also, Instrumentals are barred in all rounds.

That's a shame. Haken are better without the vocals.

TAC

I know that. You know that.

Every band in this roulette is better without vocals.

Crow

i mean it'd be pretty easy to solve a single-artist hangman given just a few letters tbh but you can try it  :P

Quote from: TAC on November 08, 2021, 06:37:41 PM

Legit question: Do both Neal Morse songs have to have him on lead vocals? There are a few songs on the Neal Morse Band albums where other band members sing, but not him, and some where he sings harmony but no leads.

lonestar

Can we send Transatlantic for Morse? Asking for 15 friends.

TAC

Quote from: 425 on November 08, 2021, 07:21:21 PM
Quote from: TAC on November 08, 2021, 06:37:41 PM

Legit question: Do both Neal Morse songs have to have him on lead vocals? There are a few songs on the Neal Morse Band albums where other band members sing, but not him (and some where he sings harmony but no leads).

Yes. They must have Neal on vocals. That is kind of the whole point. :)

Please don't tell me MP is singing.. :lol

TAC

Quote from: lonestar on November 08, 2021, 07:22:37 PM

Tell your 15 friends that there's no Transatlantic round, so no. ;D

Neal Morse or Neal Morse Band only. With Neil singing.

MP does occasional leads, but two of the other band members do more substantial leads than MP. I guess a follow-up would be how much of the song he has to sing (there are a lot of songs, for example, where somebody else sings the verse and he does the chorus), but I imagine it's "a significant amount" and I should just use my best judgment.

Crow

oh yeah if transatlantic is allowed then i don't have to do research  :metal (i don't think TAC would like much transatlantic based on what i'm familiar with but still :2metal:)

TAC

Quote from: 425 on November 08, 2021, 07:25:42 PM
MP does occasional leads, but two of the other band members do more substantial leads than MP. I guess a follow-up would be how much of the song he has to sing (there are a lot of songs, for example, where somebody else sings the verse and he does the chorus), but I imagine it's "a significant amount" and I should just use my best judgment.

I'd prefer him singing most of the song. I'm trying to learn about Neal Morse. 75% Neal at a minimum.

Quote from: Cyril on November 08, 2021, 07:28:29 PM
oh yeah if transatlantic is allowed then i don't have to do research  :metal (i don't think TAC would like much transatlantic based on what i'm familiar with but still :2metal:)

Transatlantic is not allowed, so plan on that research.  ;D

lonestar

Quote from: TAC on November 08, 2021, 07:24:38 PM
Quote from: lonestar on November 08, 2021, 07:22:37 PM

Tell your 15 friends that there's no Transatlantic round, so no. ;D

Neal Morse or Neal Morse Band only. With Neil singing.

Ok, I was just asking since you're allowing Spocks....but it's your roulette jefe. Off to randomly pick two NMB songs since I don't know shit about his discography.

TAC

Buddyhunter1

TAC you didn't have to make one solo Steven Wilson song a requirement... I can already tell you're gonna regret that. :lol