News:

BREAKING NEWS:  Dream Theater reunites with drummer Mike Portnoy (10/25/23)

Main Menu

Thank goodness for mammograms . . .

Started by Dream Team, January 25, 2022, 06:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream Team

My wife has a lumpectomy scheduled next week followed by a few weeks of radiation. Caught it early! Make sure your significant others get their mammograms . . .

Stadler

Quote from: Dream Team on January 25, 2022, 06:11:40 AM
My wife has a lumpectomy scheduled next week followed by a few weeks of radiation. Caught it early! Make sure your significant others get their mammograms . . .

Good PSA (seriously).

Here's hoping that the next few weeks go well for your wife and you.  Let us know.

King Postwhore

Great news.  My wife is very diligent about getting her mammograms. Her mother and sister are not. 
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Dream Team

Quote from: Stadler on January 25, 2022, 06:13:39 AM

Good PSA (seriously).

Here's hoping that the next few weeks go well for your wife and you.  Let us know.

Thanks Stads! Unfortunately I now have to follow my own advice and get a colonoscopy (which I should have done years ago, turning 55 next month).

Stadler

Quote from: Dream Team on January 26, 2022, 05:35:08 AM
Quote from: Stadler on January 25, 2022, 06:13:39 AM

Good PSA (seriously).

Thanks Stads! Unfortunately I now have to follow my own advice and get a colonoscopy (which I should have done years ago, turning 55 next month).

Without getting too graphic, if you can endure the prep - and I had no real problems - the procedure itself is a breeze.  When they tell you "it will be like the best nap of your life", they ain't kidding.  I get why Michael Jackson relied on it (though I understand it's not real sleep in the sense of our normal circadian rhythms).

Dream Team

Should have updated sooner; surgery went perfect and all tests came back great. No chemo, just radiation and should be 0.01% chance of re-occurrence. But just to double down on the message, even if your lady friend is very young she should still get checked regularly. Thanks all for the kind words.

Stadler

Quote from: Dream Team on February 23, 2022, 01:47:08 PM
Should have updated sooner; surgery went perfect and all tests came back great. No chemo, just radiation and should be 0.01% chance of re-occurrence. But just to double down on the message, even if your lady friend is very young she should still get checked regularly. Thanks all for the kind words.

Glad to hear.  We'll keep our fingers crossed, nonetheless.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

jingle.boy

Yes ... good news.

For the dually chromosomed, don't forget our equivalent.  I had an intimate moment with my GP couple weeks back, and a PSA test.  All good.
Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

wolfking

Quote from: Dream Team on February 23, 2022, 01:47:08 PM

Positive news mate.  All the best to the both of you.

Cool Chris

There's a sticky note on the March page of our kitchen calendar for the Mrs. to schedule hers.

Ruba

Hey that's good it was caught early! Let's hope it's benign.