News:

Untethered Angel official video:  https://youtu.be/gylxuO6dKOw

Main Menu

Celebrity death thread

Started by KevShmev, February 15, 2023, 12:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adami

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on September 10, 2024, 10:58:37 AMJames Earl Jones was obviously known for his voice, but what a tremendous actor.  He made every project he was in better.

RIP

Even his random 1 episode appearance on Frasier as a blind man in a nursing home.
www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

Zydar

Stadler

I'll have a Tito's and soda, splash of ginger ale in his honor.

lonestar

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Orbert

You guys joke, but Tito was the real deal.  The classic Jackson Five lineup had Tito on the left on guitar, Jermaine on bass on the other end, and the three in the middle (Marlon, Michael, and Jackie) dancing most of the time.  Even back then, I remember thinking how cool it was that two of them actually played.

Orbert

pg1067

Doesn't appear that either of those instruments was plugged in.  The only cables I see are from the microphones.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

lonestar

jingle.boy

Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Orbert

Quote from: pg1067 on September 16, 2024, 10:38:56 AMDoesn't appear that either of those instruments was plugged in.  The only cables I see are from the microphones.
Yeah, I think 99% of "live" TV performances back then were lip-synched, and most of those didn't even bother with little details like plugging in the instruments.  And despite Tito actually being a guitarist, apparently the guitar parts on the albums were played by session guys.  I guess that first impression when I was like seven years old, that they were really playing, stuck with me.  He played on his solo albums.

Glasser

Quote from: jingle.boy on September 16, 2024, 02:22:09 PMI mean, wrong skit... but you get it.  :tup

Yes, it's the "she's number one!" Skit, but yes, I get it.  :)

Zydar

hefdaddy42

Oh wow, what a great songwriter.  RIP
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.