News:

BREAKING NEWS:  Dream Theater reunites with drummer Mike Portnoy (10/25/23)

Main Menu

2023 NFL Thread v Super Bowl matchup: Chiefs vs. 49ers

Started by KevShmev, March 07, 2023, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stadler

Quote from: T-ski on August 21, 2023, 07:57:36 PM
Here's the fantasy team I've got (10 team ppr)...

QB - Fields
RB - Henry, Mattison, Montgomery, McKinnon, Wilson Jr., Joshua Kelley
WR - Kupp, Olave, Hollywood Brown, Dotson, Nico Collins, Gallup
TE - Pitts
D - Saints
K - Dicker

Is Dicker really your kicker?  :) :) :)

pg1067

Quote from: Stadler on August 22, 2023, 11:10:13 AM

QB - Fields
TE - Pitts
D - Saints
K - Dicker

My song got him on his team as well:  Dicker the kicker!

T-ski

Quote from: Stadler on August 22, 2023, 11:10:13 AM

QB - Fields
TE - Pitts
D - Saints
K - Dicker

He was my last pick. Someone made a joke about him a couple rounds earlier and he was still on the board so I figured, why not? Plus he kicks for the Chargers and they score a lot and have good weather conditions.

Jamesman42

I also miss playing fantasy but I also don't think I have the time for it as my life currently stands.
\o\ lol /o/

hefdaddy42

The drafts for both of my leagues are next week.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

lonestar

Trey Lance to the Cowboys. Seems the Niners have settled their qb situation.

King Postwhore

Quote from: lonestar on August 25, 2023, 04:35:25 PM

No shit. Wow, talk about a huge GM blunder there.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

lonestar

Quote from: Kinger on August 25, 2023, 04:40:09 PM

No shit. Wow, talk about a huge GM blunder there.

Seems they traded him for a mid round pick...wtf man? Wondering if they're clearing up space to sign Bosa.

King Postwhore

Plus you move up to pick third. You know he instantly the right guy, and 2 guys beat you out.  This is his 3rd year?  He's not making that much.

They just cut because they knew he wasn't the guy.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Nick

Given how good the Niners have been, imagine how much better things could be if we hadn't made that absolutely dumb trade in the first place and actually drafted good players at other positions.

King Postwhore

lonestar

Like a premium lineman....

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Cool Chris

If the Pick 'Em and Survivor threads don't start soon I might lose interest in the 2023 season altogether.
Maybe the grass is greener on the other side because you're not over there fucking it up.

El Barto

Quote from: Cool Chris on August 26, 2023, 09:15:32 PM
If the Pick 'Em and Survivor threads don't start soon I might lose interest in the 2023 season altogether.
I've put setting up the Pick'Em on the agenda. I'm always a late starter with that. Can't help ya with the survivor.

Jamesman42

Quote from: Cool Chris on August 26, 2023, 09:15:32 PM

Remind me what these are again. It's been a long time.
\o\ lol /o/

Cool Chris

Pick 'Em is a contest El Barto runs where you pick each week's games straight up.

Survivor is picking one team each week to win, and if that team wins and you move on to the next week, you make another pick, choosing from teams you have not selected already. Sometimes I run that, sometimes other people do.
Maybe the grass is greener on the other side because you're not over there fucking it up.

Jamesman42

Yes, I remember that very well now. Cannot wait.
\o\ lol /o/

Stadler

And even then, the talk was "he wants to compete for a backup role".   That experiment ended quickly.  I thought he was the phenom?  The wunderkid? 

bosk1

Quote from: Stadler on August 28, 2023, 05:19:26 AM

And even then, the talk was "he wants to compete for a backup role".   That experiment ended quickly.  I thought he was the phenom?  The wunderkid?

???   I don't think anybody ever said that (or at least, nobody within the organization).  Not sure why the need for exaggeration. 

King Postwhore

bosk1, from what I could gleaned from all this was the GM & coach disagreed on the QB to draft.  The GM picked his man but the coach was correct in his assessment of Lance.

El Barto

Quote from: bosk1 on August 28, 2023, 09:41:33 AM

???   I don't think anybody ever said that (or at least, nobody within the organization).  Not sure why the need for exaggeration.

Seems to me that you don't bet 3 firsts and a third that a QB will be anything but.

Stadler

Quote from: bosk1 on August 28, 2023, 09:41:33 AM

I didn't really mean that to be as snarky as it sounded.   I'm more making the point that there are five or ten guys in the league now that were drafted very high and the excitement in the various organizations was very high.  I would consider Trey Lance to be one of those guys.  It's my estimation that the majority of those "gambles" don't pay off, and yet better football minds than I continue to make these gambles. 

El Barto

So I'm guessing that dumping Bailey Zappe is a smokescreen, hopeing to keep Cunningham from being snagged off of waivers so he can land on the practice squad. I'm not as surprised as most about dumping Zappe, but I thought they'd keep Cunningham. Kid's pretty versatile.

King Postwhore

The sports talk here thought that no one would take Cunningham because he's not ready to being a receiver and not ready to be an NFL QB.

Anyone taking someone who is cut has to make the 5e man roster for game 1.  Zappe was a surprise so now I wonder do they think no one would take him?  Which says a lot on how they feel about him.  I've got to think they pick up a vet who gets cut.

TAC

Quote from: Kinger on August 29, 2023, 03:58:56 PM
The sports talk here thought that no one would take Cunningham because he's not ready to being a receiver and not ready to be an NFL QB.

Anyone taking someone who is cut has to make the 5e man roster for game 1.  Zappe was a surprise so now I wonder do they think no one would take him?  Which says a lot on how they feel about him.  I've got to think they pick up a vet who gets cut.

Really interested to see what happens.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

El Barto

Quote from: TAC on August 30, 2023, 07:16:51 AM
Quote from: Kinger on August 29, 2023, 03:58:56 PM

Really interested to see what happens.
They'll sign one or both back to the practice squad. Somebody might snag Zappe but others will become available if so. They'll get the two RBs back, too, as well as a TE.

TAC

TAC

Sounds like Zappe has already signed with the Pats' Practice Squad.

El Barto

Quote from: TAC on August 30, 2023, 09:53:28 AM
Sounds like Zappe has already signed with the Pats' Practice Squad.
That was kind of a ballsy move, and honestly pretty slick. They ran the risk of winding up with Colt McCoy as their backup, but it gave them some good maneuvering room during the roster cut-down.

King Postwhore

I've always wondered how they get their intel on a move like this?  Or they had an inclination.  Or a combo of both.

El Barto

Quote from: Kinger on August 30, 2023, 10:07:50 AM
I've always wondered how they get their intel on a move like this?  Or they had an inclination.  Or a combo of both.
NE always has excellent intel, but I suspect this was more analytical. Teams are making tough decisions trying to get down to 53, and suddenly making it 52 to add a backup QB probably isn't real likely. At this point most teams are probably pretty set with their QB depth. Plus, as King said, if Bill is willing to cast him out that probably didn't add to other teams' confidence level in him.

King Postwhore

Yeah. Sound right, El Barto. Cunningham is also signed to the practice squad.

El Barto

I suspect Cunningham is the guy they have plans for, while Zappe is the guy they hope to never use. I don't think they keep him for wildcat packages, but he might soon be a better option at QB should McCorkle go down. That pass to the back corner that Tre Nixon dropped was a thing of beauty.

Stadler

Quote from: El Barto on August 30, 2023, 10:33:35 AM
Quote from: Kinger on August 30, 2023, 10:07:50 AM
NE always has excellent intel, but I suspect this was more analytical. Teams are making tough decisions trying to get down to 53, and suddenly making it 52 to add a backup QB probably isn't real likely. At this point most teams are probably pretty set with their QB depth. Plus, as King said, if Bill is willing to cast him out that probably didn't add to other teams' confidence level in him.

I think this is all absolutely correct.

I see you saw that McCoy transaction too.  I was a little surprised by that, actually.