2023 NFL Thread v Super Bowl matchup: Chiefs vs. 49ers

Started by KevShmev, March 07, 2023, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAC

Quote from: King Postwhore on October 01, 2023, 02:48:10 PM
Oof.

Also, Zappe is shit man. This team has too many issues offensively besides the QB.

He can't be any worse.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Skeever

It is a slight amount of consolation to see the Pats looking like the Jets against Dallas.

TAC

Quote from: Skeever on October 01, 2023, 03:08:18 PM
It is a slight amount of consolation to see the Pats looking like the Jets against Dallas.

It does look like Zach Wilson is running the Patriots offense this week.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

El Barto

Zappe throws better passes and he makes better decisions. I don't think he's a franchise QB, but his strengths are different from Mac's. At the same time Mac's best strength disappeared last year. In his first season he had spectacular touch. Every pass was 18 inches in front of the receiver and right at eye level. For some reason he decided he needed to put on weight and refine his motion, and he mostly lost that accuracy. Receivers are having to catch balls behind them far too often. He's the exact same Mac Jones he was last year, just with slightly better play calling.

McCorkle may or may not be a very good quarterback somewhere. I have no idea. I'm certain it won't happen in NE, though. It's time to consider the experiment over. And the next seven days of NE people wanting him benched will only make things worse. He really needs to be traded out of NE for his own good.

Eight days ago I was positive NE would win this game. As soon as AZ blew Dallas out that changed instantly. NE matched up very well against Dallas, and the Cowboys are still clowns, but they were highly motivated today and NE never stood a chance. Also, nobody expected them to win today, so it's not a huge loss. If Gonzalez and Judon are really hurt that's what will matter.

King Postwhore

Yeah, I think Mac is damaged but the GM and coa hing staff. I'm not sure he can recover. I put the blame on the guy running the ship and buying the groceries.   

How he handled a rookie qb is a blemish. 
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

pg1067

NBC is going to spend the entirety of this broadcast shoving Taylor Swift down our throats, isn't it?

Sigh....

El Barto

Quote from: King Postwhore on October 01, 2023, 04:31:47 PM
Yeah, I think Mac is damaged but the GM and coa hing staff. I'm not sure he can recover. I put the blame on the guy running the ship and buying the groceries.   

The first four games of this season have convinced me that you're wrong. He was throwing behind receivers last year and he's doing it this year. He was throwing dumb balls last year and he's throwing them this year. For all of the bitching and moaning about Matt Patricia, Bill was consistently right. The play called doesn't matter if you can't execute it, and he hasn't been able to execute shit consistently since 2021.

Jamesman42

The Bills own the Dolphins in the last 20 games.
The Dolphins own the Pats in the last 10 games.
The Pats own the Jets in the last 10 games.
The Jets own nothing but misery

\o\ lol /o/

TAC

Quote from: El Barto on October 01, 2023, 04:58:51 PM

The first four games of this season have convinced me that you're wrong. He was throwing behind receivers last year and he's doing it this year. He was throwing dumb balls last year and he's throwing them this year. For all of the bitching and moaning about Matt Patricia, Bill was consistently right. The play called doesn't matter if you can't execute it, and he hasn't been able to execute shit consistently since 2021.

Well, Patricia was a bad idea from the jump. The coaching, the GM, the personnel decisions.....these have all bought Mac some rope, but honestly, it's been clear to me for a while that he's not a franchise QB. He can't throw. Sure, he can lob it to an open guy, but his balls were getting there late all day today.

El Barto

Quote from: Jamesman42 on October 01, 2023, 05:14:23 PM
The Bills own the Dolphins in the last 20 games.
The Dolphins own the Pats in the last 10 games.
The Pats own the Jets in the last 10 games.
The Jets own nothing but misery

One of those is not like the others.

King Postwhore

I don't agree.  Last year was damaging to him. Players revolted for good reasons. The damaged a young QB.

Now, he's damaged goods.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

Quote from: King Postwhore on October 01, 2023, 05:19:41 PM

I don't agree.  Last year was damaging to him. Players revolted for good reasons. The damaged a young QB.

Now, he's damaged goods.

it doesn't work that way. I mean, did they break his legs.
He's got a professional OC. Sure he doesn't have a very talented offense, but ....that includes him.
Joe...it's over.

El Barto

Quote from: TAC on October 01, 2023, 05:17:00 PM

Well, Patricia was a bad idea from the jump. The coaching, the GM, the personnel decisions.....these have all bought Mac some rope, but honestly, it's been clear to me for a while that he's not a franchise QB. He can't throw. Sure, he can lob it to an open guy, but his balls were getting there late all day today.
He used to be able to, though. I really don't know what happened there. Watch a highlight video from his rookie season and check out how many times he hit running receivers right in the mitts. I don't see how his current play is on Belichick. Also, this is certainly the best receiver corps he's had. He threw for 3800 yards and a 95.2 passer rating to Nelson Agholor, N'Keal Harry, Bourne, and Meyers. He should be playing better, and he's really about the only person left to blame.

El Barto

Quote from: King Postwhore on October 01, 2023, 05:19:41 PM

Now, he's damaged goods.
I think the fans might have damaged him more, honestly. In any case, it wasn't Patricia who was out there getting him to throw behind his receivers, one second and two steps behind.

TAC

I feel like I'm watching a Taylor Swift infomercial. This has to be a fix, no?

King Postwhore

The schemes were predictable last year. So many teams said this after playing the Pats. They damaged a 2nd year QB and now he can't process anything. And yes, he needs instruction. They have failed him. 

Look at Zappe when he entered the game today. No chance.

TAC

Joe, they haven't done him any favors, but he's not good enough. It's ok.

King Postwhore

I agree but if they drafted him, dint you think they should have put him in a better position?  We were spoiled with Brady.

We put too much on a young QB.

Architeuthis

Great to see the Pats get beat by Dallas!  The Cowboys are better off without Zeke.. 😁

TAC

Quote from: King Postwhore on October 01, 2023, 06:04:20 PM
I agree but if they drafted him, dint you think they should have put him in a better position?  We were spoiled with Brady.

There's still truth to that, but it doesn't mean he's good enough. You're not there yet. That's fine.

Kraft wanted a QB with that pick. It didn't matter if it was Jones or Trey Lance. Bill is going to have to go into the draft to get a QB this year, but if the Pats go 4-13, Bill may not get that chance.

King Postwhore

You're wrong here. BB mishandled the QB situation.  Of course the owner wanted a QB. We all did. He fucked up the Jimmy G/Brady situation and then let Brady go without a plan. Then at the last minute,  chose Cam late.  Then picked a rookie QB to start and didn't support him in his second season.

This is all on Bill. He mishandled it for 6 years.

TAC

Quote from: King Postwhore on October 01, 2023, 06:25:21 PM
You're wrong here. BB mishandled the QB situation.  Of course the owner wanted a QB. We all did. He fucked up the Jimmy G/Brady situation and then let Brady go without a plan. Then at the last minute,  chose Cam late.  Then picked a rookie QB to start and didn't support him in his second season.

This is all on Bill. He mishandled it for 6 years.

I AGREE WITH ALL OF THAT!

It doesn't make Mac Jones any better. Mac is not a franchise QB. If you think so, that's fine. I don't, which is also fine. :lol

King Postwhore

Oh, I agree but this team could be better if the GM and coach wasn't stubborn. 

Skeever

Jets played well. They will win games if they can build on this.

I see the refs do really love Mahomes though. That holding call, in the backfield, thrown like 5 seconds later only after the play had resulted in a turnover, was absolutely bizarre.

Stadler

Quote from: pg1067 on October 01, 2023, 04:55:06 PM
NBC is going to spend the entirety of this broadcast shoving Taylor Swift down our throats, isn't it?

Sigh....

I told my wife that if this kept up, I was going to play Lego DC Super Villains instead. Thankfully it turned into a game, a game the Jets could have won if they weren't so inept with their execution and weren't swimming against the tide (can't have the Chiefs and King Travis lose on national TV with Queen Taylor in attendance!!! I felt bad for Sauce having to take one for the team on what was, on that night, good hard football.)

I kid, sort of (I do agree with Skeever, though I do not think the NFL is fixed or anything like that).  I just thought it was par for the Jets course. They don't - yet - know how to win.

Stadler

Quote from: King Postwhore on October 01, 2023, 06:48:35 PM

I thought Kraft had something to do with Jimmy G. going.  I didn't think that was all Bill; in fact, I think that's not something Bill would have done on his own.  He HAD to see this coming.  I think that was Robert paying homage to the franchise guy.

King Postwhore

Quote from: Stadler on October 02, 2023, 06:47:53 AM

I thought Kraft had something to do with Jimmy G. going.  I didn't think that was all Bill; in fact, I think that's not something Bill would have done on his own.  He HAD to see this coming.  I think that was Robert paying homage to the franchise guy.

Yes but once that decision is made, give Brady an extension.  Not 2 one year deals with incentives.  That's a Bill thing.

El Barto

Quote from: Stadler on October 02, 2023, 06:47:53 AM

He did. Brady went to Kraft and basically had Jimmy run out on a rail.

As for keeping Brady, it wasn't going to happen. He was too much of a brat at that point. He was mad about Deflategate. He was tired of working with Bill. He wanted a fresh start. Also, I believe the last deal was a two year deal where Brady voided the second.

Quote from: TAC on October 01, 2023, 06:12:29 PMBill is going to have to go into the draft to get a QB this year, but if the Pats go 4-13, Bill may not get that chance.
Free agency sounds more likely. And NE is going to finish 10-7 this year. Unless they decided to give the job to Zappe. Their schedule was massively front-loaded, and they can still win some games against the East.

King Postwhore

That last one year contract with an option was a fake second year. Brady got Kraft to wave the Franchise tag.  We all should have known he was gone then. 

TAC

Quote from: King Postwhore on October 02, 2023, 11:10:55 AM
That last one year contract with an option was a fake second year. Brady got Kraft to wave the Franchise tag.  We all should have known he was gone then.

We did know.

Quote from: El Barto on October 02, 2023, 07:12:22 AM
And NE is going to finish 10-7 this year.

They are NOT going 9-4 the rest of the way.

El Barto

Judon and Gonzalez are both going to miss significant time. With all of the Jone's out that's going to be pretty rough.

Everybody knew he was leaving. You seem to be the only person who thinks he could have stuck around. It was never going to happen, nor should it have.

You also need to recognize that Brady was in uncharted territory. How long do you sign a 43 year old QB for? Four years? Six? That was part of what BBB was pissed off about, and he should have known that was unrealistic.

faizoff

Quote from: Stadler on October 02, 2023, 06:45:01 AM

Sigh....

I told my wife that if this kept up, I was going to play Lego DC Super Villains instead.

When this whole thing started, it was a little amusing but now it's kinda overdone. The NFL social media team is pimping it hard to "The Swifties" by changing profile pics and adding bylines 'Chiefs are 2-0 with the Swifties' etc.., they even have a highlight video on their youtube channel with all TS sightings during the game. The publicity is I guess mutually beneficial in a business sense. More views, more subscribers, more T-shirts, win-win-win.

I'm happy with the Bucs so far, they're playing it smart and safe but taking chances when needed. A local beat reporter said they would be a good 2nd tier team in the league when most were expecting them to be near the bottom.
The rookies have again been playing really well and stepping up when needed, so have their 2nd year guys. I like how the team is very comfortable with each other and Baker has really taken well at all levels of coaching and teammates. Winfield Jr is becoming a stud safety lately, he was all over the Saints offense yesterday and balled really hard. Guy is making a huge difference every game. The bye week is too early in the season, I'm afraid the injuries will be worse by the end. I can only hope the rookies or 'puppy pound' players, as Todd Bowles has been calling them, step up at the time.

Stadler

Quote from: faizoff on October 02, 2023, 11:44:02 AM
Quote from: Stadler on October 02, 2023, 06:45:01 AM

Sigh....

I told my wife that if this kept up, I was going to play Lego DC Super Villains instead.

When this whole thing started, it was a little amusing but now it's kinda overdone. The NFL social media team is pimping it hard to "The Swifties" by changing profile pics and adding bylines 'Chiefs are 2-0 with the Swifties' etc.., they even have a highlight video on their youtube channel with all TS sightings during the game. The publicity is I guess mutually beneficial in a business sense. More views, more subscribers, more T-shirts, win-win-win.

I'm happy with the Bucs so far, they're playing it smart and safe but taking chances when needed. A local beat reporter said they would be a good 2nd tier team in the league when most were expecting them to be near the bottom.
The rookies have again been playing really well and stepping up when needed, so have their 2nd year guys. I like how the team is very comfortable with each other and Baker has really taken well at all levels of coaching and teammates. Winfield Jr is becoming a stud safety lately, he was all over the Saints offense yesterday and balled really hard. Guy is making a huge difference every game. The bye week is too early in the season, I'm afraid the injuries will be worse by the end. I can only hope the rookies or 'puppy pound' players, as Todd Bowles has been calling them, step up at the time.

I love Taylor Swift, but I hate these pop culture cross-overs.  Stupid, and useless, and just shows how out of touch so many of these people really are.   And too bad the Chiefs played like crap in front of the Swifties and almost (should have) got beat by a bruised, battered and reeling Jets team.  Star boy Kelce dropped on pass and had a bad penalty in front of them too.   Someone ought to be comping Pacheco's meals for the rest of the season for that game because he saved their bacon a couple times.  Kid's a tough kid and ran hard for 60 minutes.

cramx3

The Swift thing was cute last week.  It's getting ridiculous now though.  I didn't even watch any of these games, but it's all over my tiktok feed.  Cool she attended the game with other celebrities.  It's not really a news story anymore.  But well, I guess it is for some people?

King Postwhore

Quote from: El Barto on October 02, 2023, 11:38:32 AM
Judon and Gonzalez are both going to miss significant time. With all of the Jone's out that's going to be pretty rough.

Everybody knew he was leaving. You seem to be the only person who thinks he could have stuck around. It was never going to happen, nor should it have.

You also need to recognize that Brady was in uncharted territory. How long do you sign a 43 year old QB for? Four years? Six? That was part of what BBB was pissed off about, and he should have known that was unrealistic.

It was just wishful thinking knowing he was a frum all year.