2023 NFL Thread v Super Bowl matchup: Chiefs vs. 49ers

Started by KevShmev, March 07, 2023, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

hefdaddy42

Quote from: ProfessorPeart on January 28, 2024, 03:15:21 PM
Just want to say congrats to Stadler. His favorite player has taken his team to the big game again. I know he's looking at his Mahomes poster right now and having one in his honor.
:lol
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

El Barto

Just want to say congrats to Stadler. His favorite player has taken his team to the big game again. I know he's looking at his Mahomes poster right now and having one in his honor.
In all fairness, does anybody really want to see another Chiefs Owl? Is there anybody here that wouldn't have preferred to see the Ravens? I don't even like Balt, but I was pulling for them.

TAC

Quote from: El Barto on January 28, 2024, 03:17:38 PM
In all fairness, does anybody really want to see another Chiefs Owl? Is there anybody here that wouldn't have preferred to see the Ravens? I don't even like Balt, but I was pulling for them.

It is what it is. I'm all for sitting back and enjoying watching Mahomes do his thing. The guys is amazing. I mean, I'm fine if they lose too, but I don't really care.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Cool Chris

In all fairness, does anybody really want to see another Chiefs Owl?

12 year old girls like my daughter.

King Postwhore

I should have typed this but as a Pats fan, I understand. 
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

lonestar

Quote from: Cool Chris on January 28, 2024, 03:23:15 PM
In all fairness, does anybody really want to see another Chiefs Owl?

12 year old girls like my daughter.

Yup, got a nation of giddy Swifties who could win it all on their first go. No decades of suffering like Detroit fans, just in, watch few months of football, and collect your prize.

Oh well... let's get on with the big one...

pg1067

After Chokeson threw that last interception, I left to go to the grocery store.  On the drive home, Ross Tucker was interviewing some guy on the Chiefs who was crying.  When Tucker asked him why, he gave a fairly generic answer that included "no one believed in us."  Really?  A Chiefs player busting that one out is dumber than 40% of the commercials in the game featuring Mahomes and/or Kelswift and/or Reid.

Go Lions!

jammindude

TAC

Quote from: pg1067 on January 28, 2024, 03:30:06 PM
After Chokeson threw that last interception, I left to go to the grocery store.  On the drive home, Ross Tucker was interviewing some guy on the Chiefs who was crying.  When Tucker asked him why, he gave a fairly generic answer that included "no one believed in us."  Really?  A Chiefs player busting that one out is dumber than 40% of the commercials in the game featuring Mahomes and/or Kelswift and/or Reid.

You would've really hated Tracy Wolfson's interview with Mahomes after the game then. Something about how God gave them a bunch of obstacles this year. WTF??
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

lonestar

Ok kids, let's solidify that run defense like fucking yesterday...

DragonAttack

Uhm....there was no PI on Jackson's INT, even though there was early contact.  :facepalm:  The CBS rules' official said so himself, but then was dismissive of the early contact.  :huh: 

Ravens offense went into hibernation mode again, for too long this time.  Throw it a ton against an average rushing defense. Spagnola schooled their OC.  And then a pretty damn good QB dinked and dunked their defense to death. Baltimore has been somewhat soft against the run all year against good teams. A break or two here or there never hurts as well. 

Kudos yet again to a team that manages to win ugly.  Ain't nothing wrong with that. It's the NFL.   Better than the alternative.
Quote from: frogprog on January 05, 2023, 05:45:48 PM...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen discography thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!
QUEEN Discography  [url="https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.0"]https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.0[/url]

Stadler

Why what happened?   I finally bailed on the game after Nantz was chuckling over Kelce's childish antics like it was hilarious (every play he was driving players into the turf after the whistle) and the Ravens were getting flagged for UC like every other play.  They earned the penalties no doubt but Kelce's a baby.  He's the best player on the field, too, so there's that, but a little class wouldn't kill him. 

If Nantz and Romo do the Super Bowl, I'm moving to Canada with Alec Baldwin. 

Stadler

Quote from: DragonAttack on January 28, 2024, 03:53:18 PM
Uhm....there was no PI on Jackson's INT, even though there was early contact.  :facepalm:  The CBS rules' official said so himself, but then was dismissive of the early contact.  :huh: 

Ravens offense went into hibernation mode again, for too long this time.  Throw it a ton against an average rushing defense. Spagnola schooled their OC.  And then a pretty damn good QB dinked and dunked their defense to death. Baltimore has been somewhat soft against the run all year against good teams. A break or two here or there never hurts as well. 

Kudos yet again to a team that manages to win ugly.  Ain't nothing wrong with that. It's the NFL.   Better than the alternative.

Never in a million years would I have thought this, but a Harbaugh team got outcoached.  As rare as hens teeth, but you saw it today.

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

TAC

Quote from: Stadler on January 28, 2024, 03:56:23 PM

Yeah, but...Chad.

Quote from: Stadler on January 28, 2024, 03:58:00 PM

Never in a million years would I have thought this, but a Harbaugh team got outcoached.  As rare as hens teeth, but you saw it today.

As a Patriot fan, you saw it fairly regularly.

Look, he has a good program, but today showed once again that he has no control over his players. Their true punk colors showed, and it cost them a SB birth.

Quote from: DragonAttack on January 28, 2024, 03:53:18 PM
Uhm....there was no PI on Jackson's INT, even though there was early contact.  :facepalm: 

Spagnola schooled their OC. 

The Chiefs would've gotten that call. Just saying..

And the Chiefs' defensive gameplan was excellent. Lamar had a brutal game. It's like he didn't know what he was looking at.

lonestar

Look on the bright side Stads, at least you weren't watching the game here, where every other commercial break has a Schiff for Senator commercial...

Puppies_On_Acid

Welp, the Niners D is swiss cheese right now. Guess we are seeing a Lions - Chiefs Superb owl...
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard

King Postwhore

Quote from: King Puppies and the Acid Guppies on January 28, 2024, 04:10:13 PM
Welp, the Niners D is swiss cheese right now. Guess we are seeing a Lions - Chiefs Superb owl...

Not ready to be.sued by the NFL.   :lol

Skeever

I would never root against watching more Chiefs games. Easily the most entertaining quarterback to ever play the position in my lifetime. I could never appreciate watching Brady or Belichick for reasons obvious given that I'm a Jets fan, but here I've got no problem with it. Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes may not be at that level yet but they are getting close.

lonestar

Ok...feel a bit better now.

I'd feel a lot better with a defensive stop.

Puppies_On_Acid

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on January 28, 2024, 04:04:20 PM

Yeah, but...Chad.

He can stay for 2 beers, but then he has to go back.  And if I hear one Schiff/deplorable/in-group out-group comment, I'm snitching to border officials he's got a box of Cubans in his trunk
Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

lonestar

DragonAttack

Bill, you do know that CBS is doing the SB, doncha? ☹️ 

I couldn't tell you one thing either one of them said all game. Try the volume control.....
Quote from: frogprog on January 05, 2023, 05:45:48 PM...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen discography thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!
QUEEN Discography  [url="https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.0"]https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57201.0[/url]

King Postwhore

ReaperKK

Quote from: jingle.boy on January 28, 2024, 04:33:04 PM
Quote from: TAC on January 28, 2024, 04:04:20 PM

Yeah, but...Chad.

He can stay for 2 beers, but then he has to go back.  And if I hear one Schiff/deplorable/in-group out-group comment, I'm snitching to border officials he's got a box of Cubans in his trunk

:lol

Puppies_On_Acid

El Barto

That's about as thorough an ass-whipping as I've ever seen. It's not just one team blowing another out. It's one team making the other team look like ten year old girls. Hard to believe this is a conference championship game. 

Dream Team

Lamar made some great plays in the second half but you can't turn the ball over 3 times and expect to win. Mahomes' QBR in the 3 playoff games so far: 88.3, 91.2, 91.0 That'll get it done!

jammindude

Quote from: King Puppies and the Acid Guppies on January 28, 2024, 05:04:54 PM
Quote from: King Puppies and the Acid Guppies on January 28, 2024, 04:10:13 PM
Welp, the Niners D is swiss cheese right now.
Scratch this....The Niners D is non-existent.

Normally, I would have said there's no way you go for it in 4th and goal, just take the FG.

But the way the SF D has been playing? I think taking the FG might have not been the right call.

lonestar

Let's hope the Lion's offense is worn out from running up and down our asses that first half... Jesus fuck where is our D?

And our O?

Fuck. I skipped my regular AA homegroup to watch this game, definitely needing a meeting more than ever right now lol.

King Postwhore

emtee

Unbelievable 1st half for my Lions! 30 minutes is a long time and anything can happen still. They came to play though!

ProfessorPeart

Quote from: ProfessorPeart on September 08, 2023, 06:28:51 AM
I will say, as a Bears fan, Detroit looks scary and I think they might be the team to beat in the division.

Dropped the above in the Pick'em thread back in early Sept. One of the few times I had a correct bead on a team. I did pick them to win tonight as well.
Quote from: ProfessorPeart on November 14, 2023, 11:17:53 AMbeul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Quote from: Indiscipline on November 14, 2023, 02:26:25 PMPardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history.