News:

Track-by-track video for Untethered Angel:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Co1_h0GtAw

Main Menu

New Forum Version

Started by MinistroRaven, July 14, 2024, 08:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin2

Quote from: cramx3 on July 25, 2024, 02:07:16 PM

^ this is not my video, a music video shared by the bands official page.  It shows unavailable to me.  DOes it work for anyone else?

All my videos are set to public.  Checking the one I shared, it says everything is public with no restrictions.  COpyright only affects ad revenue. These are not copyright "striked" videos, those get taken down from youtube.  These are content ID identified so it's all still public access as stated "Copyright
Copyright-protected content found. You can share ad revenue with the copyright owners by turning on monetization." and "The Content ID claim on your video doesn't affect your channel. This is not a copyright strike."

I'm not trying to argue or say you are wrong, I just still see inconsistencies beyond relating to my youtube account.

That video appears to be set to not allow embedding by the YT user/owner who uploaded it.

XJDenton

According to my research, Youtube videos might not show up embedded for the following reasons:

1. They are age restricted or otherwise require you to be logged in to the site view it.
2. The channel owner has decided to restrict embeds and has not explicitly whitelisted your site (this will be the default for pretty much all music channels). Bigger sites like blabbermouth/reddit probably get whitelisted
3. The video contains some material that has been content IDd by youtube and the content itself is restricted from being viewed in embedded videos (copyrighted music is again a likely candidate for this triggering a restriction)

Long story short: if a video shows as "unavailable" it's likely a restriction on youtube's end.
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
― Terry Pratchett

wolfking

Is anyone having issues accessing the forum through Microsoft Edge?  Says my connection isn't secure and when I say continue anyway, it takes me to ?!?

Working on Chrome just fine though.  Weird.  Never had problems through Edge before.

Anguyen92

I'm having the same issue on my Desktop.  Using Chrome.

Edit: So Mobile is fine. Chrome isn't, but FireFox on my Desktop and I'm able to load the site.

wolfking

Quote from: Anguyen92 on July 25, 2024, 05:02:43 PMI'm having the same issue on my Desktop.  Using Chrome.

Edit: So Mobile is fine. Chrome isn't, but FireFox on my Desktop and I'm able to load the site.

Mobile is fine too but now I'm getting the same error on Chrome as well as Edge.

El Barto

I'm getting the security error with Firefox. Brave works fine.

QuoteDid Not Connect: Potential Security Issue

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to www.dreamtheaterforums.org because this website requires a secure connection.

What can you do about it?

www.dreamtheaterforums.org has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can't add an exception to visit this site.

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website's administrator about the problem.

Learn more...

wolfking

I just downloaded and installed Firefox, working so far.

LithoJazzoSphere

I got that same error with Firefox a few hours ago.  Chrome worked fine, though I wasn't logged in.  Now it works again on Firefox. 

wolfking

Cheers, all working now.

El Barto

Cool. Thanks.

For what it's worth, for anybody that doesn't want to clear their browser cache, resetting the modem/router worked for me.

wolfking

I actually didn't have to do anything, just tried again and it worked fine.  :tup

Glasser

Quote from: wolfking on July 25, 2024, 08:04:19 PMI actually didn't have to do anything, just tried again and it worked fine.  :tup

Same!

jingle.boy

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on July 25, 2024, 06:55:28 PMI got that same error with Firefox a few hours ago. 

I got it this morning as well.  Something to do with the SSL certificate for , and didn't have any option other than "go back" when trying to log in.  Cleared my "1-hour" cache, restarted Firefox and all was good.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

El Barto

Regarding the search within thread thing:

Quote from: XJDenton on July 24, 2024, 04:04:06 PMOk, so my admin account returns results fine, but not my test account...might be permissions related.

Since this does seem to be an actual problem, and not just me missing something obvious, is anybody still investigating?

XJDenton

In general terms yes, but I'm also taking my first holiday in 8 months ATM so it might take a bit of time until I can work on it. It's on the list though.
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
― Terry Pratchett

El Barto

Quote from: XJDenton on August 04, 2024, 11:55:56 PMIn general terms yes, but I'm also taking my first holiday in 8 months ATM so it might take a bit of time until I can work on it. It's on the list though.
Cheers. Enjoy your holiday.

ProfessorPeart

Random question, did the old version have something similar to that Alert thing? I find it so helpful. People would quote a post of mine and I wouldn't see it for days or months. Finding it to be one of my favorite new things, assuming it is new.
Quote from: ProfessorPeart on November 14, 2023, 11:17:53 AMbeul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Quote from: Indiscipline on November 14, 2023, 02:26:25 PMPardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history.

XJDenton

No, its new to 2.1, and yes, it's rather useful.
― Terry Pratchett

ReaperKK

Yea, that's probably one of my favorite features of the new forum software