The NBA 2023-2024 thread - and Guns and Rose

Started by MinistroRaven, July 02, 2023, 10:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Postwhore

:lol

I just can't deal with traveling out after those parades.  It's insane. 
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

pg1067

Quote from: KevShmev on June 21, 2024, 05:24:47 AM
The best part about the Celtics winning this is seeing Lakers fans lose their minds now they are behind again in the total championships count.  :lol :lol :lol

As a southern California, I couldn't agree more!

TAC

Pics from my son from the parade..

Derek White

Jaylen Brown

Tatum and the Trophy!

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

King Postwhore

TAC

That's awesome. I like Kornet. He was obviously still hurt for Tillman to get minutes over him. A healthy Kornet in the finals would've helped mitigate Porzingas' absence.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

pg1067

Quote from: TAC on June 25, 2024, 02:15:13 PM
That's awesome. I like Kornet. He was obviously still hurt for Tillman to get minutes over him. A healthy Kornet in the finals would've helped mitigate Porzingas' absence.

My kid and I nicknamed Tillman "Beef."  Make it happen, east coast folks!

P.S.  That photo has to be from the 1989-90 season.  Tito didn't play in the NBA in 1990-91 or 1991-92.

King Postwhore

Tito played on the Bucks for 2 seasons. From 1988 to 1990.

T-ski

TAC

pg1067

Quote from: TAC on June 25, 2024, 04:53:46 PM
Quote from: T-ski on June 25, 2024, 04:52:38 PM
Tito Horford was........not good.

My guess is Frank Kornet wasn't either? :lol

Tito Horford:  63 games over 2 NBA seasons (1988-89, 1989-90, plus 3 games with the Bullets in 93-94):  6 minutes per game, 91 career points on .300 FG%.

Frank Kornet:  89 games over 2 NBA seasons (1989-90, 1990-91):  6.7 minutes per game, 171 points on .369 FG%.

SoundscapeMN

@Samsara ..thoughts on the Wolves moves in last night's NBA draft?

Trading their 2031 pick and a 2030 swap with San Antonio for at least what the Scouting reports give, the best scorer in the draft in Rob Dillingham. He is only 6'1, but Conley can mentor him.

Terrence Shannon Jr - also a Scoring guard.

Azyiu

It is official. History has been made. The first ever father-son duo in the NBA.

pg1067

The Lakers have become a complete joke franchise.

I was (not realistically) hoping that the Celtics would draft Leboner, Jr. just to troll him and the Lakers.

Nekov

Quote from: Azyiu on June 27, 2024, 03:13:20 PM
It is official. History has been made. The first ever father-son duo in the NBA.

I read today that this would be the 4th time actually

Azyiu

Quote from: Nekov on June 28, 2024, 04:49:15 AM

You mean playing together as teammates on the same team? Name them.

TheOutlawXanadu

Quote from: pg1067 on June 27, 2024, 03:18:35 PM
The Lakers have become a complete joke franchise.

I was (not realistically) hoping that the Celtics would draft Leboner, Jr. just to troll him and the Lakers.
Yea, I mean it will be cool to see a father and son play together but the Lakers should not have entertained it. Bronny is just not an NBA player. Then again, this is the franchise whose owner makes decisions based on her happy hour buddies, so... Kind of on brand lol.

pg1067

Quote from: Nekov on June 28, 2024, 04:49:15 AM

Fourth time in U.S. major sports history:

- Gordie Howe with sons Mark and Marty (NHL - Gordie/Mark played 74 games together, and all three played 6 games together for the 1979-80 Hartford Whalers)

- Tim Raines with Tim Jr. (MLB - October 4, 2001 for the Baltimore Orioles)

- Ken Griffey with Ken Jr. (MLB - 1990 and 1991 with the Seattle Mariners)

- Leboner and Leboner Jr. are the first father/son duo on the same team in the NBA.

Nekov

lonestar

RIP Splash Brothers  :'(

Seems like the Dubs dynasty is coming to an end.

King Postwhore

Wyc Grousbeck is selling the Celtics. Quite surprised.

Azyiu

By this point, I think it is safe to say we struck out again in free agency, and it has become a pattern that I don't like at all. It feels like Pelinka had a grand Plan A each year, but he had NO contingency plan if Plan A doesn't work. Enough is enough, he needs to be fired.

Oh, do you guys want to pull our money together and make a lowball offer for the Celtics?  :lol

TheOutlawXanadu

Quote from: lonestar on July 01, 2024, 01:22:36 PM
RIP Splash Brothers  :'(

Seems like the Dubs dynasty is coming to an end.
I remember when the Warriors took off in 2014-15. They started thrashing everyone, and Klay would have these insane games where he single-handedly destroyed teams with his explosive shooting. And now their "Big Three" is officially kaput. It's only a matter of time before those guys retire for good.

Quote from: Azyiu on July 02, 2024, 04:23:31 AM
By this point, I think it is safe to say we struck out again in free agency, and it has become a pattern that I don't like at all. It feels like Pelinka had a grand Plan A each year, but he had NO contingency plan if Plan A doesn't work. Enough is enough, he needs to be fired.

Oh, do you guys want to pull our money together and make a lowball offer for the Celtics?  :lol
If he wasn't fired after the Westbrook trade, I don't know if he'll ever be fired. :lol

Azyiu

Reports are saying Kawhi had just withdrawn from Team USA. After losing PG for nothing and without their first-round pick until 2030, something tells me Clippers fans are in panic mode now.

TAC

Quote from: Azyiu on July 10, 2024, 08:05:48 AM
Reports are saying Kawhi had just withdrawn from Team USA. After losing PG for nothing and without their first-round pick until 2030, something tells me Clippers fans are in panic mode now.

Wow, I did not know that.

I feel like if Kawhi wanted to play, he'd play though. The players have all the power, I thought.

Azyiu

Quote from: TAC on July 10, 2024, 08:20:46 AM
Wow, I did not know that.

I feel like if Kawhi wanted to play, he'd play though. The players have all the power, I thought.

The Clippers gave up Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Danilo Gallinari, 2022 first-round pick, 2024 first-round pick, 2026 first-round pick, first-round picks via Miami in 2021 and 2023 and the rights to swap picks with the Clippers in 2023 and 2025, to Oklahoma City for Paul George in 2019.

TAC

That doesn't even make sense. :lol

Even Labron runs the Lakers better. :lol

TAC