The TAC Back To School Roulette V.7 Schools Out!!!

Started by TAC, September 10, 2023, 06:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twosuitsluke

Yep, I did nearly just say "Lonestar is the band with the most Asian females"
Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

nick_z

Nevermore is not me...Glasser, perhaps?

Katatonia - James?

twosuitsluke

Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

LithoJazzoSphere

Let's try a few stabs:

Exlibris - soupy
Immortal - Glasser
Tool - Tomi
Vanden Plas - Chad
Volbeat - Faizoff

twosuitsluke

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on September 13, 2023, 02:45:44 PM
Let's try a few stabs:

Exlibris - soupy
Immortal - Glasser
Tool - Tomi
Vanden Plas - Chad
Volbeat - Faizoff

Are my guesses a joke to you? :lol

LithoJazzoSphere

Oops, missed the updates.   :lol   Oh, no wonder, TAC hadn't updated those.  Slacker! 

twosuitsluke

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on September 13, 2023, 02:49:46 PM
Oops, missed the updates.   :lol   Oh, no wonder, TAC hadn't updated those.  Slacker!

Straight to detention.

LithoJazzoSphere

But Katatonia had been confirmed to not be Lethean already last night.  It's clear it's just all chaos and no one can keep any of it straight.   :cow:

TAC

Quote from: twosuitsluke on September 13, 2023, 02:47:13 PM
Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on September 13, 2023, 02:45:44 PM
Let's try a few stabs:

Exlibris - soupy
Immortal - Glasser
Tool - Tomi
Vanden Plas - Chad
Volbeat - Faizoff

Are my guesses a joke to you? :lol

:rollin
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

TAC

??: Sponge – Molly (16 Candles)
??: Immortal – One By One
Stadler: Our Lady Peace – 4am
Jamesman: Katatonia – The One You Are Looking For Is Not Here
??: Vanden Plas – Three Ghosts
Tomislav: The Sword – Tres Brujas
??: Chaos Divine – One Door
Faizoff: Volbeat – Caroline #1
??: All That Remains – Six
??: Day Six – 7th Sign
Puppies: Septicflesh – Five-Pointed Star
??:Nevermore – Inside Four Walls
??:Klimt  1918– Snow Of '85
Luke:Paranorm – Second Assault
??:Queens Of The Stone Age – 3's & 7's
??: Exlibris – Rule #1
??:Tool – 46 & 2
??: Sacred Oath – Twelve Bells
??: Scariot  – Strange To Numbers

Glasser
Nick_z
Romdrums
Lonestar
Ariich
Wolfking
Litho
Puppies
Crow
Reaper
Kingshmegland
Jamesman
Faizoff
Twosuitsluke

Soupy
Tomislav
Jingle.Boy
Lethean
Stadler

TAC

LithoJazzoSphere

Ok, a few more that have probably already been guessed earlier in the thread and I missed them:

Day Six - soupy
Exlibris - jingle
Immortal - wolfking
Nevermore - romdrums
Queens of the Stone Age - Reaper
Vanden Plas - Lethean

TAC

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on September 13, 2023, 03:19:12 PM
Ok, a few more that have probably already been guessed earlier in the thread and I missed them:

Exlibris - jingle
Immortal - wolfking
Nevermore - romdrums

Vanden Plas - Lethean

These are correct!

TAC

??: Sponge – Molly (16 Candles)
Wolfking: Immortal – One By One
Lethean: Vanden Plas – Three Ghosts
??: Chaos Divine – One Door
??: All That Remains – Six
Lonestar: Day Six – 7th Sign
Romdrums:Nevermore – Inside Four Walls
??:Klimt  1918– Snow Of '85
Luke:Paranorm – Second Assault
??:Queens Of The Stone Age – 3's & 7's
Jingle Boy: Exlibris – Rule #1
??:Tool – 46 & 2
??: Sacred Oath – Twelve Bells
??: Scariot  – Strange To Numbers

Glasser
Nick_z
Ariich
Litho
Crow
Reaper
Kingshmegland
Soupy

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

Glasser

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

TAC

TAC

Let's get some guesses in and we can do First Listen Impressions.

faizoff

nick_z

TAC

lonestar

Reaper- tool
Glasser- QOTSA
crow- climt
Ariich- Sponge
King- All that remains
soupy- chaos devine

Totally random guesses

LithoJazzoSphere

TAC

Ok, here it is!!

Soupy: Sponge – Molly (16 Candles)
Wolfking: Immortal – One By One
Lethean: Vanden Plas – Three Ghosts
Ariich: Chaos Divine – One Door
Crow: All That Remains – Six
Lonestar: Day Six – 7th Sign
Romdrums:Nevermore – Inside Four Walls
Nick:Klimt  1918– Snow Of '85
Twosuitsluke:Paranorm – Second Assault
Kingshmegland:Queens Of The Stone Age – 3's & 7's
Jingle Boy: Exlibris – Rule #1
Reaper:Tool – 46 & 2
Glasser: Sacred Oath – Twelve Bells
Litho: Scariot  – Strange To Numbers

TAC

Here are my First Listen Impressions. They are usually fairly vague. I listen to the song the first time and write the first thing that pops into my head. They often have nothing to do with how the song scores...

1. This song would've been better if the singer took the clothespin off his nose.

2. I hate this guy's voice lol.

3. I really like the pounding driving rhythm of this.

4. This song smokes, and the vocals are..acquired.

5. One listen and I have no clue how I feel about it. Reminds me a little of Michael Monroe though.

6. One of the first bands I tried with harsh vocals...always liked their music.

7. This is groovy as shit. I dig it.

8. Litho-Scariot This is riffy...and chunky...and tasty metal.

9. Hey this isn't....er..yeah it is. Great drumming though.

10. Wow, that's a smoking intro. This whole song hits a sweet spot.

11. So, I've been sent this band before in roulettes, and yup, this is them.

12. Romdrums-Nevermore A tad low tuned for my liking. This song would be much better if played a step or two higher.

13. This has kind of a haunting vibe. Reminds me in parts of modern era Uriah Heep.

14. Well, this is fucking heavy lol

15. My guess is that this song would come across much better if played live in a club...what..is that 
Michael Shenker cameo?

16. I thought this was a bit iffy, but even on this first listen, it continued to build.

17. There's a lot going on here to try and make a first impression with.

18. Old school band I wasn't familiar with, and the vocals were cleaner than I expected.

19. WTF? Dream Theater is banned! This song needs a melody infusion.

LithoJazzoSphere

The three songs better than mine are "46 & 2", "Inside Four Walls", and "The One You Are Looking For Is Not Here". 

TAC

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on September 13, 2023, 05:30:03 PM
The three songs better than mine are "46 & 2", "Inside Four Walls", and "The One You Are Looking For Is Not Here".

No, seriously. What are they?

LithoJazzoSphere

TAC

LithoJazzoSphere

LithoJazzoSphere