News:

Dreamtheaterforums.org is a place of peace.  ...except when it is a place of BEING ON FIRE!!!

Main Menu

Jamesman Roulette 3.0 - Post-roulette: And now I go exploring...

Started by Jamesman42, October 29, 2023, 06:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamesman42

Most rap songs would get below an 8 from me, though not every one. Maybe Lamar is worth more of a listen in the future.
\o\ lol /o/

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Jamesman42 on January 10, 2024, 06:26:26 PM
Most rap songs would get below an 8 from me, though not every one. Maybe Lamar is worth more of a listen in the future.
He is not :neverusethis:

I'm just glad my song didn't score lower than Kendrick Lamar.

Also, how am I supposed to catch Ariich and Rom if you keep scoring their songs higher than mine?
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Jamesman42

Just kidding, I'll sneak in a few extra points in the next round  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
\o\ lol /o/

jingle.boy

Booyah!  I consider any roulette a victory if I win even one round.

Going a different route now.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Lonk

Yes, that was a female vocalist, and a pretty damn good one  :metal

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

romdrums

Quote from: Jamesman42 on January 10, 2024, 05:45:35 PM
Round 8 Results!

Disillusion – Tormento   romdrums   8.6   

This song was a trip for me. It feels like I am in a crazy storm, and the different vocal styles make me feel like I am IN the song. Quite a feeling, so this song gets a cool boost from that. Good music overall, too.

Sweet! I hope you check out the whole album, because it's killer!

Lonk

Round 8 Results!

Jason Richardson – Sparrow   jingle.boy   8.7   

Yeah man, the electric guitar does everything it can to portray a feeling of hopelessness or a battle, I don't know, music is subjective, but that's what I got out of it. The music video is stunning (it doesn't add on to this score, just mentioning it). Really powerful song.
By the way, if you enjoyed this track this  much, check out Tendinitis. Just an incredible showcase of what this dude can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSMeE6os9XY

lonestar

Quote from: Vmadera00 on January 11, 2024, 06:09:22 AM
Round 8 Results!

Yeah man, the electric guitar does everything it can to portray a feeling of hopelessness or a battle, I don't know, music is subjective, but that's what I got out of it. The music video is stunning (it doesn't add on to this score, just mentioning it). Really powerful song.
By the way, if you enjoyed this track this  much, check out Tendinitis. Just an incredible showcase of what this dude can do.

Yeah, that and Hos Down are just ridiculous.

And of course there's a 10 year old Japanese kid who covered him lol... https://youtu.be/mNh2ka2owA8?si=A5HKxOLgupWrFLBJ

Lonk

Quote from: lonestar on January 11, 2024, 06:20:00 AM
Round 8 Results!

And of course there's a 10 year old Japanese kid who covered him lol... https://youtu.be/mNh2ka2owA8?si=A5HKxOLgupWrFLBJ
Pardon me while I go, I got some guitars to break

lol What's the saying? Whenever you think are good at something, just know there's a 10 year old asian kid that's better than you  :lol That's really impressive though. Not an easy song to play  :metal

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

lonestar

Quote from: Vmadera00 on January 11, 2024, 06:33:54 AM
Quote from: lonestar on January 11, 2024, 06:20:00 AM
Round 8 Results!

Pardon me while I go, I got some guitars to break

lol What's the saying? Whenever you think are good at something, just know there's a 10 year old asian kid that's better than you  :lol That's really impressive though. Not an easy song to play  :metal

Here she is a few years later jamming with Jason and NAMM..

https://youtu.be/2f9mME1cgf8?si=vbe_zuGN2njm0znB

She's also covered Govan and Polyphia, all before age 10. There's one video that I can't find anymore of Govan watching her play his song, and hes just laughing in bewilderment. She has her own band now with Nemophila guitarist Hazuki and drummer Kanade Soto called Koiai, and although it has pop overtones, you can hear Jason's influence all over the heavier elements

Lonk

Ah. I remember you showed me that video. Didn't realize it was the same person. I was there actually (At NAMM, which I mentioned before). On the other side of that stage. Later that day I got to have a glass of wine with him and JP  :metal Talking crap for about an hour

Sacul

LithoJazzoSphere

Hmm, that didn't go so well.  And the misleading impressions keep stacking up.   :lol   I have a theory about it and some of my other submissions that I might get into at the end of the roulette. 

Certainly makes my decision this round easier then though.  I'm definitely out of the running, so I'll try something different from most everything else I've been sending in this one. 

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Jamesman42

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on January 11, 2024, 11:41:28 AM
Hmm, that didn't go so well.  And the misleading impressions keep stacking up.   :lol   I have a theory about it and some of my other submissions that I might get into at the end of the roulette.   

You have a theory about my impressions? :lol
\o\ lol /o/

TAC

Quote from: Jamesman42 on January 11, 2024, 01:22:56 PM

Litho's got a theory about everything that has to do with music.

Jamesman42

Haha that's fair. My first impressions are sometimes fleeting as I get to know the songs more (true for anyone doing impressions I would assume). I also try to focus on positives rather than negatives.
\o\ lol /o/

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on January 11, 2024, 01:23:40 PM

Chaos Theory!
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

LithoJazzoSphere

No, about my submissions, particularly this time vs. last roulette.

But this is also true...

Quote from: TAC on January 11, 2024, 01:23:40 PM

Jamesman42

Can't wait to hear your theory! I wonder if it's a conspiracy theory about me!....

I have 9/15 submissions, keep them coming!

\o\ lol /o/

twosuitsluke

Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

lonestar

Jamesman42

Adorable. Just need 2 more! Also, already digging this playlist more than the last round, holy damn.
\o\ lol /o/

TAC

Jamesman42

You think I would tell you??? I am not like that. I am more like my friend LeeHarveyKennedy (I miss him).
\o\ lol /o/

TAC

LithoJazzoSphere

Quote from: TAC on January 12, 2024, 04:07:54 PM
Yeah, probably best to keep it private. ;D

It's not like we don't have a pretty good idea of who they are anyway.  :neverusethis:

TAC

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on January 12, 2024, 04:10:29 PM
Quote from: TAC on January 12, 2024, 04:07:54 PM
Yeah, probably best to keep it private. ;D

It's not like we don't have a pretty good idea of who they are anyway.  :neverusethis:

Well, Stadler has been much improved with getting it in before the weekend.

LithoJazzoSphere

At least 3 other good options even if he's not tardy this time.   ;D