Jamesman Roulette 3.0 - Post-roulette: And now I go exploring...

Started by Jamesman42, October 29, 2023, 06:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonk

Jamesman42

Quote from: Vmadera00 on November 21, 2023, 09:51:04 AM
Is Tomi or Rom one of the Steven Wilson songs?

No, one of them might be a surprise if I know this person like I think I do.
\o\ lol /o/

King Postwhore

Quote from: Jamesman42 on November 21, 2023, 10:12:18 AM
Quote from: Vmadera00 on November 21, 2023, 09:51:04 AM
Is Tomi or Rom one of the Steven Wilson songs?

No, one of them might be surprise if I know this person like I think I do.

I think I just had a stroke reading your response, James.  :lol  Just texting like me.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

lonestar

Quote from: jingle.boy on November 21, 2023, 09:40:38 AM
If Barock Project wasn't King, then I've got no idea.

sleepmakeswaves seems like a Puppies thing.
Until Rain - Rom
Pain of Salvation - Victor
Kepler 10 - Tomi
Mr. Weather - Reaper
Steven Wilson - lonestar
Iris Divine - Faizoff
Nothing More - TAC

0/8  :metal

I'm getting a jump start on my unpredictability....good luck man.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

TAC

Quote from: jingle.boy on November 21, 2023, 09:40:38 AM
If Barock Project wasn't King, then I've got no idea.

sleepmakeswaves seems like a Puppies thing.
Until Rain - Rom
Pain of Salvation - Victor
Kepler 10 - Tomi
Mr. Weather - Reaper
Steven Wilson - lonestar
Iris Divine - Faizoff
Nothing More - TAC

0/8  :metal

You're at least 0-1.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Jamesman42

Round 3: who sent what:

Vmadera00: Steven Wilson – To The Bone
lonestar: Until Rain – New World Fiction
KingDolphinsRule: Pain of Salvation – Reasons
TAC: Mr. Weather – Kingdom
LithoJazzoSphere: Kingfisher Sky – To Turn the Tables
jingle.boy: Steven Wilson – Pariah
Stadler: Deep Purple – Birds of Prey
Sacul: Nine Inch Nails – Less Than
Ariich: Kepler Ten – Time and Tide
faizoff: Iris Divine – The Acolyte
Puppies: Barock Project – Happy to See You
twosuitsluke: Mastodon – Roots Remain
ReaperKK: Vasudeva – Take Away
romdrums: sleepmakeswaves – Worlds Away
tomislav: Nothing More – Fade In / Fade Out

Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6ySbuqIQwr8OlUEFd7iXta?si=f5920e61ab36451d

First impressions within the hour!
\o\ lol /o/

Jamesman42

Round 3 First Impressions

1   romdrums   Big post-rock vibes, the song has a good, natural flow with an epic closing. I love post-rock like this.
2   Stadler   Didn't know this band was still making music, it's epic and it's good to hear that deep organ still lives with them.
3   ??:   Epic and seems like a you kind of song. The guitar at the very end is *chef's kiss*
4   ariich   I can tell this spacey tune will take some time to click, it's fine for now.
5   tomislav   I like the inspiring lyrics and the almost late 90s/2000s hard rock vibe I get from this.
6   jingle   I love synth in the beginning. Maybe I like this guy's music more than I think I would.
7   TAC   No matter how you count it, 1-2-3, the vocal lines are interesting and this song is rocking.
8   Puppies   One of the easiest listening songs ever in a roulette, even when it got energetic I felt a peacefulness. I enjoyed every second.
9   Sacul   Reminds me of discovering and listening to them in the 90s, good times.
10   King   The angst is in full force! That may appeal to me here but maybe not.
11   ??:   The middle section around 3 minutes has some really cool stuff, the rest will hopefully take root.
12   ??:   The vocals are loud, they drive this prog metal song.
13   ??:   This guy can write some energetic stuff! Better than what I usually give credit for.
14   ??:   This is a different side of a band that I know only a bit of (mostly one album which would be a top 50 album for me).
15   ??:   You are reminding me that I love post-rock instrumentation. Nice short song with good atmosphere.
\o\ lol /o/

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Sacul

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

twosuitsluke

Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.
Quote from: ariich09/07/2023, 14:25:10
luke: Pokemon – Pokemon Theme That was the best! I like Pokemon and I liked the characters. I think there was all of them. It was cool. [Have you heard that song before?] No! Score: 10 trillion

lonestar

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

lonestar

twosuitsluke

Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.
Quote from: ariich09/07/2023, 14:25:10
luke: Pokemon – Pokemon Theme That was the best! I like Pokemon and I liked the characters. I think there was all of them. It was cool. [Have you heard that song before?] No! Score: 10 trillion

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

lonestar

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

Jamesman42

1   romdrums   Big post-rock vibes, the song has a good, natural flow with an epic closing. I love post-rock like this.
2   Stadler   Didn't know this band was still making music, it's epic and it's good to hear that deep organ still lives with them.
3   litho   Epic and seems like a you kind of song. The guitar at the very end is *chef's kiss*
4   ariich   I can tell this spacey tune will take some time to click, it's fine for now.
5   tomislav   I like the inspiring lyrics and the almost late 90s/2000s hard rock vibe I get from this.
6   jingle   I love synth in the beginning. Maybe I like this guy's music more than I think I would.
7   TAC   No matter how you count it, 1-2-3, the vocal lines are interesting and this song is rocking.
8   Puppies   One of the easiest listening songs ever in a roulette, even when it got energetic I felt a peacefulness. I enjoyed every second.
9   Sacul   Reminds me of discovering and listening to them in the 90s, good times.
10   King   The angst is in full force! That may appeal to me here but maybe not.
11   ??:   The middle section around 3 minutes has some really cool stuff, the rest will hopefully take root.
12   lonestar   The vocals are loud, they drive this prog metal song.
13   ??:   This guy can write some energetic stuff! Better than what I usually give credit for.
14   ??:   This is a different side of a band that I know only a bit of (mostly one album which would be a top 50 album for me).
15   ??:   You are reminding me that I love post-rock instrumentation. Nice short song with good atmosphere.

Remaining
vmads
luke
faizoff
reaper
\o\ lol /o/

Stadler

I'm slightly disturbed that there's a deep organ in there still.  That's got to be uncomfortable.

jingle.boy

Is it Steven Wilson's organ?

Speaking of which, To the Bone is likely #13 (victor)
Mastadon is #14 (luke)
Vasudeva has to be 15 (Kay)
making Iris Divine #11 (faizoff)

jingle.boy

Jamesman42

4/4, nice job!

And yeah, this is a great playlist (besides maybe 1 song)

3   litho   Epic and seems like a you kind of song. The guitar at the very end is *chef's kiss*
11   faizoff   The middle section around 3 minutes has some really cool stuff, the rest will hopefully take root.
12   lonestar   The vocals are loud, they drive this prog metal song.
13   vmads   This guy can write some energetic stuff! Better than what I usually give credit for.
14   luke   This is a different side of a band that I know only a bit of (mostly one album which would be a top 50 album for me).
15   reaper   You are reminding me that I love post-rock instrumentation. Nice short song with good atmosphere.
\o\ lol /o/