All Inclusive Snapshot In Time Top 5 DT Picks

Started by emtee, August 19, 2024, 03:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emtee

Inspired by my Sunday night watching of When Dream And Day Reunite. I was floored by how fantastic that show was.

Anyways, for this question, anything that DT has ever released in a physical format qualifies. Official bootleg series, live releases, studio...you get the point.

At this moment in time, right now, what are your top 5 picks.

Mine;

Awake
Images And Words
A Dramatic Turn Of Events
Live Scenes From New York
When Dream And Day Reunite

CraftyCaleb2483

FII
Score
I&W
Breaking the Fourth Wall
The Astonishing
"Frustration is frustratingly frustrating."
"From experience, I know that a squishy ripe mango is about as squishy as a ripe mango."

Schurftkut

I&W
AWAKE
LSFNY
Budokan
live at the marquee

WilliamMunny

Ahh, the old 'desert island' scenario...

If I could only take 5:

–Octavarium
–6 Degrees
–Falling Into Infinity
–A Dramatic Turn of Events
–Score

Zydar

Images And Words
Scenes From A Memory
Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence
Live At Budokan DVD/BR
Live In Tokyo DVD

DT05

Images and Words
Live at Budokan
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Octavarium
Train of Thought
Half of my posts are satire; the other half are serious. If you can't tell which half you're looking at, it's probably the former. I enjoy busting chops amongst likeminded fellows. Where better to feel at home than among the fans of the world's most fun band? :)

pg1067

Interesting question.  My top five studio albums are SFAM > I&W > SDOIT > Awake > 8VM.  For me, the top 2 non-studio album releases, by a LONG shot are the LSFNY and Score DVDs (I own the LSFNY album but rarely listen to it, and I don't own the Score album).  I prefer LSFNY.  Score was a great performance (esp. the stuff with the orchestra), but it was a relatively mediocre set list.  Without thinking about it too much, I think LSFNY could potentially squeak in ahead of Awake or maybe even SDOIT.

ZirconBlue

Awake
Images & Words
FII Demos
Scenes from a Memory

Trav

This is like the desert island question right?

Live Scenes from New York
Train of Thought
Octavarium

I could survive on this.

TAC

Quote from: Trav86 on August 19, 2024, 03:50:17 PMThis is like the desert island question right?

I don't know if it's a desert island question. I took it as what where the most impactful releases as they came out.

For me, I'd go...

Images & Words
Scenes From A Memory
Live At Budokan
A Dramatic Turn Of Events

I know it's not 5, but those were the truly landmark releases for me.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

DTwwbwMP

Live Scenes From New York
Live at Budokan
Images And Words
Awake
Falling Into Infinity

TheCountOfNYC

In chronological order

Images and Words
A Change of Seasons EP (mostly for the title track)
Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From a Memory
Octavarium
Score

CodyWanKenobi

This is the kind of thing that could change from day to day (though, every day would have 6D and Scenes). Today, it's:

6DOIT
Scenes From A Memory
Octavarium
ADTOE
AVFTTOTW
My latest concept album "III: The Sparrow & The Architect" is out now!
"IV: Timber" coming soon!
linktree = STARCOMMANDStudios

emtee

No, not desert island. Your current 5 favorites. What are you listening to and enjoying the most at this moment in time.

Zydar

It would be hard to listen to CDs / watch DVDs on a desert island anyway :neverusethis:

crystalstars17

AVFTTOTW
ADTOE
Score
Breaking the Fourth Wall
BC&SL
fangirl (noun) : a girl or woman who is an extremely or overly enthusiastic fan of someone or something

fangirl (verb) : to exhibit fandom often to an excessive degree : to behave like an extremely devoted or overly excited fangirl

Wim Kruithof

Quote from: emtee on August 20, 2024, 01:00:20 AMNo, not desert island. Your current 5 favorites. What are you listening to and enjoying the most at this moment in time.

The Twelve Step Suite... for a variety of reasons. But most of all, because it's so beautifully arranged.

Trav

Quote from: emtee on August 20, 2024, 01:00:20 AMNo, not desert island. Your current 5 favorites. What are you listening to and enjoying the most at this moment in time.

Ah, it helps if I read...

If I'm grabbing some DT at the moment it's usually these

A View from the Top of the World
Distance Over Time
Black Clouds & Silver Linings
When Dream and Day Unite
Falling Into Infinity - Demos

brakkum

At the moment:

Scenes from a Memory
Awake
A Change of Seasons
Images and Words

HOF

If I'm listening to DT these days, it's

Images & Words
Awake
A Change of Seasons
Falling Into Infinity
Falling Into Infinity demos

hefdaddy42

Comment to bring this thread back to the top, since it was actually created this year, not in 2010.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.