News:

DreamTheaterForums is a place for people who just don't have the time for music anymore. 

Main Menu

Marvel Studios' Deadpool & Wolverine - Spoilers! Read At Your Own Risk!

Started by The Letter M, January 18, 2024, 11:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Letter M

https://www.filmratings.com/Search?filmTitle=deadpool&x=0&y=0

QuoteRated R for strong bloody violence and language throughout, gore and sexual references.

The film's rating has finally been officially revealed to be R. I think we all knew it would, but it's good to know they're sticking to their guns with it. Watch this be the highest grossing MCU film since No Way Home.

-Marc.

Adami

Quote from: MinistroRaven on July 09, 2024, 07:05:58 AM
https://x.com/deadpoolmovie/status/1810536599488434317

Very cute.

Can I request that, since there will be SO many spoilers coming out that I assume most of us want to avoid, that we give a very brief description of any links posted so those who want to avoid spoilers don't see them and also don't have to avoid literally everything?
www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

Lonk

Quote from: Adami on July 09, 2024, 07:08:47 AM
Very cute.

Can I request that, since there will be SO many spoilers coming out that I assume most of us want to avoid, that we give a very brief description of any links posted so those who want to avoid spoilers don't see them and also don't have to avoid literally everything?

This. I've been keeping away from anything Deadpool, and will try to do so until I see the movie (I say that as I clicked in this thread  :)). Initially I thought I would go on Opening day, but things changed and I don't know when I'll be able to see it.

Adami

Quote from: Lonk on July 09, 2024, 07:13:47 AM
Initially I thought I would go on Opening day, but things changed and I don't know when I'll be able to see it.

Indeed. Hopefully can see it opening weekend, but I'll be in a different country where I can't buy advanced tickets. But who knows?

A few days before release, I'm already aware I have to avoid all social media and just about anything on my phone, but I'm hoping since it's not out for like 2 weeks, I don't have to worry in this thread till then.

MinistroRaven

Quote from: Adami on July 09, 2024, 07:08:47 AM

Noted!

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

MinistroRaven

lordxizor

The Letter M

The newest "In 10 Days" ad/trailer/commercial showcases teases at some interesting variants (that's all I'll say). View them at the typical Marvel social media spots if you want. One of the variants is confirmation of a character previously suggested to be in the film per an earlier trailer spot, but who is playing them is still a mystery (though two prevailing suggestions abound).

-Marc.

MinistroRaven

Final trailer:

HUGE SPOILERS - Watch at your own discretion

Adami

I should warn people. Do NOT watch that trailer if you don't more spoilers.

Still looks great. Bummed I can't see it opening day or even week.

Lonk

Yeah, I'm not watching the trailer since we are so close to release day anyways.

As of right now I don't have tickets, but plans are to see it Saturday (morning showing). Possibly Thursday if I find descent seats.

jingle.boy

Quote from: MinistroRaven on July 19, 2024, 09:19:48 AMFinal trailer:

HUGE SPOILERS - Watch at your own discretion

Not watching, but why would they give away Huge spoilers just a week out?  Unless of course there are even BIGGER spoilers still in the movie. 

I learned my lesson with Age of Ultron .... I only watch the first couple trailers, and that's it. For AoU, I calculated that I'd seen almost 25 minutes of the movie before I got to the theater. 
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

MinistroRaven

Unless they're pulling a fast one with the trailer and showing us stuff that didn't make it into the final cut, as they'0ve done in the past

jingle.boy

Quote from: MinistroRaven on July 19, 2024, 11:12:44 AMUnless they're pulling a fast one with the trailer and showing us stuff that didn't make it into the final cut, as they'0ve done in the past
possible

The Letter M

Quote from: jingle.boy on July 19, 2024, 10:56:56 AMNot watching, but why would they give away Huge spoilers just a week out?  Unless of course there are even BIGGER spoilers still in the movie.

I learned my lesson with Age of Ultron .... I only watch the first couple trailers, and that's it. For AoU, I calculated that I'd seen almost 25 minutes of the movie before I got to the theater.

This is my guess. Marvel Studios knows how big this movie is going to be, and I expect the cameos and spoilers will be BONKERS, with a lot showing up in the third act, a la Endgame. I don't think anything we've seen in any of the trailers is beyond the 2nd act, and if is, it's very quick/minor spoilers. But I did watch this newest, final trailer, and there is some CRAZY stuff in there being revealed, but I have a feeling there's still a whole lot more we aren't seeing.

Given the nature of this film, I expect it to be Endgame/No Way Home levels of crossovers, cameos, and references. There's no reason both Ryan and Kevin wouldn't throw everything into this one, even the kitchen sink. It's been a long while since No Way Home, which felt like the last truly huge tentpole MCU film, so I'm betting this will have that same level of insanity.

Gotta tread the internet carefully for the next six days until I can see it Thursday afternoon. Who knows what else might be shown or get spoiled!

-Marc.

jingle.boy

Quote from: The Letter M on July 19, 2024, 11:30:22 AMGotta tread the internet carefully for the next six days until I can see it Thursday afternoon. Who knows what else might be shown or get spoiled!

Agreed.  An do we all agree there'll be no full-font spoilers until the end of next weekend in here?

The Realm

Looking forward to this movie. That last tralier was great as it had a more serious tone.

The Letter M

Quote from: jingle.boy on July 19, 2024, 12:37:46 PMAgreed.  An do we all agree there'll be no full-font spoilers until the end of next weekend in here?

Yeah, no spoilers, at least without a spoiler space. And don't embed video links with thumbnails in case they show anything that might be spoilers, please. Hopefully we all avoid unwanted spoilers from here on out!

-Marc.

MinistroRaven

D&W (Official Motion Picture Soundtrack) Double Vinyl/LP is available for pre-order • Releasing on July 26 https://amzn.to/4fbY6XR

lonestar

Seeing it next Friday, got a big group of us going...

If some of the spoilery stuff that made it into the trailer is legit, I gotta wonder what they're holding back. I see how they'd drop a spoiler like Stewart's Professor X to draw people into the theater, but fucking EVERYONE will be at this one, this has a solid chance of being a 1 billion dollar movie if not much more.

lonestar

MinistroRaven

Quote from: MinistroRaven on July 19, 2024, 11:12:44 AMUnless they're pulling a fast one with the trailer and showing us stuff that didn't make it into the final cut, as they'0ve done in the past
I called it:

QuoteMarvel planted fake leaks to hide Deadpool and Wolverine's biggest cameos: "There may been some misdirections on the internet"

https://www.gamesradar.com/entertainment/superhero-movies/marvel-leaks-deadpool-and-wolverine-cameos-executive-producer-wendy-jacobson-interview/

MinistroRaven

Lonk

MinistroRaven

Just came back from the theater:

:hefdaddy

Next week I'll give my proper review, but I'll say this:

Having Hugh back as Wolverine just feels right and Logan and Wade are just undefeated together. Don't let people spoil the surprises in the movie because they're fantastic. Loved it, banger soundtrack too.

The Realm

Just saw it.

Really enjoyed it and yes try to avoid spoilers. It was so awesome having Hugh back.

The Letter M

Six claws out of six. I'm seeing it again at least once more this weekend. This could break my personal record of seeing a film 3x in theaters.

-Marc.

Lonk

lordxizor

axeman90210

Deadpool & Wolverine was an absolute blast as an opening night theatergoing experience. Not a sellout but a pretty crowded room and every gag, even the ones spoiled a thousand times over by the trailers and other promo materials, went over huge. The cameos were mostly great, I don't know how they kept some of them completely under wraps but I'm so glad they did. Hugh Jackman stays killing it as Wolverine, managing to move past the ending of Logan without ruining that in my opinion. When the X-Men invariably get recast at some point I feel bad for whoever has to step into his shoes. That all said, the fourth wall stuff did start to wear a little thin and I'm skeptical it'll hold up anywhere near as well watching it by myself in six months as it did in a packed theater Thursday night.