News:

Video of online chat between fans and members of Dream Theater:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8cLlXnHpA&feature=youtu.be (*no chickens were harmed during the filming of this chat)

Main Menu

Evermind's artsy/deranged v4 Roulette - We are done! Final Results

Started by Evermind, May 01, 2024, 07:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

jingle.boy

Quote from: Evermind on May 02, 2024, 09:18:41 AM
I decided not to put Russian rock/metal bands (Aria, Chorniy Kofe, Chorniy Obelisk, Epidemia etc) I grew up with as they're probably not well-known enough outside Russia so they won't be sent to me. I can send you some of the songs though, seems only fair after you just sent me more Ulrik Lyngs. :lol

What kind of fucking torture are you guys trying to put each other under??
Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Evermind

Quote from: jingle.boy on May 02, 2024, 11:51:00 AM
What kind of fucking torture are you guys trying to put each other under??

He was kind enough to specify it wasn't an actual submission or a wildcard. :lol

Quote from: TAC on May 02, 2024, 11:14:16 AM
What, Gorky Park isn't banned?

Ironically no.

Off to work now, I'll post who is in this evening. If we get more than 10 people in, I'll start listening tomorrow morning.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

wolfking

I sent you an email mate just checking some bands with you whenever you get around to checking.  I'll submit something ASAP though.

Evermind

Quote from: wolfking on May 02, 2024, 07:22:53 PM
I sent you an email mate just checking some bands with you whenever you get around to checking.  I'll submit something ASAP though.

Right, just checked, it went straight to a spam folder.
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 02, 2024, 07:25:36 PM
Spamking!
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

wolfking

Quote from: Evermind on May 02, 2024, 07:25:36 PM

Even the internet thinks I'm a troll.  :lol

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Evermind

Quote from: wolfking on May 02, 2024, 07:29:10 PM
Even the internet thinks I'm a troll.  :lol

:lol

Okay I replied. You should now send me a fishing link disguised as a link to your song.

wolfking

jingle.boy

WhatsApp is much easier.
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

wolfking

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard

Evermind

Quote from: wolfking on May 03, 2024, 05:13:43 AM
Haven't got Ruslan on WhatsApp.

I think you have now, Chad should've shared my number.

Alright, I've got songs from (in no particular order)

Litho (+2 additional Ulrik Lyngs jams!)
wolfking
Shadow Ninja
TAC
ariich
jingle.boy
Puppies
RJ
Sacul
King
twosuitsluke
Lonk
upd: Elite

There's no rush as I said, I won't start in earnest until Monday, however just putting it out there, I will eventually need songs from

Stads (I know, it's weekend)
Indi

Got 12 songs total, 10 files and I'll have to use YouTube for two songs, finding files for those two proves to be difficult enough. It won't be a problem, but I won't be able to listen to those two on my runs. It could be for the best really.

Now that nearly everyone is in, I'll do the first listen tomorrow so we could slowly get this rolling. Those who hasn't sent yet are not at disadvantage, I promise I'll do the same number of spins for each song. The variety of entries looks really promising.

Evermind

Man there was some really good stuff in there. I don't know which song was which (mostly. Japanese language really gave it away :lol) as I randomized the playlist, and sometimes I couldn't hear shit because of traffic but I already know there are some gems in there.

I'm waiting for the remaining two songs (Elite has sent) and I'll do a proper listen in my headphones jotting down the first impressions. As soon as everyone's in we'll do the hangman.

This is (almost) on!

jingle.boy

Evermind

Quote from: Evermind on May 03, 2024, 10:08:45 AM
but I won't be able to listen to those two on my runs

Not to rain on your parade Luke, but due to this, your song wasn't on my playlist. :) I'm looking forward to spin it though!

twosuitsluke

Quote from: Evermind on May 04, 2024, 10:19:50 AM
Not to rain on your parade Luke, but due to this, your song wasn't on my playlist. :) I'm looking forward to spin it though!

Your day is about to get a lot better then!
Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Evermind

Quote from: TAC on May 05, 2024, 01:52:28 PM

This is one dreary playlist.  :|  :lol

I seem to remember your song not being about sunshine and rainbows either :lol I see your point though, have been definitely gravitating towards dreary music for the past few years. Maybe this roulette will change that though!

Alright everyone, it's Monday here! Still need two more songs. Please send when you're able to, meanwhile I'm going to do an official first spin on my commute back from work.

wolfking

TAC

wolfking

Sorry for stealing your line, but thought I'd cover you while you weren't around.

Evermind

Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full. Just letting you know I've got your song, thank you. :tup I've obviously heard the band name but I don't believe I've listened to anything by them.

LithoJazzoSphere

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 02:15:09 AM
have been definitely gravitating towards dreary music for the past few years. Maybe this roulette will change that though!

No, I intend to keep pulling it in that direction.  :lol

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AM
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full. Just letting you know I've got your song, thank you. :tup I've obviously heard the band name but I don't believe I've listened to anything by them.
Let me change my sig to address this.

Stadler

Puppies_On_Acid

King Postwhore

TAC

Quote from: King Puppies and the Acid Guppies on May 06, 2024, 11:59:37 AM
Let me change my sig to address this.

It'd probably be more useful if Stadler changed his sig to address this.

Evermind

Alex PM'd me, basically saying he would like to drop out as he's a bit swamped with everything right now (not to mention his own roulette), which means we'll go forward with 14 people. That also means everyone's in!

I'm at work but let's see if I can fire the hangman up from my phone.

Evermind

Let's go!

Round 1 Hangman (made with ariich's Google Spreadsheet template)

??: ___r_ - _______ __ __r_
??: ___r_ ____ - _r______ ___
??: _________ - _______
??: _r_______ - ______r___
??: R______ - _r_____
??: ______ - _r__ ________
??: ____r ___r___ - _______ __r ____ (__r_-____ ___)
??: ____ ___________ - ___ _r_ __
??: ____ __r__r __r_ - ____ __ ___ __ ____
??: R______ - ___ _____r__
??: ______ - ___ _____r (_____ R____)
??: _____ __ ______ - ___
??: _______ - _____
??: ___ ____ ____ - _-_-_-_

Guessed letters: R

Puppies_On_Acid