Evermind's artsy/deranged v4 Roulette - We are done! Final Results

Started by Evermind, May 01, 2024, 07:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LithoJazzoSphere

#14 is Mask of the Phantasm - "Dreams Dying on a Dance Floor" - Lonk.  Cool band. 

wolfking

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: wolfking on June 11, 2024, 05:01:34 PM
#13. Blindead - All Hopes and Dreams Turn Into.
That's a good track (odd pick for the roulette), from an amazing album!
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

wolfking

Elite

Quote from: King Puppies and the Acid Guppies on June 11, 2024, 05:07:10 PM
That's a good track (odd pick for the roulette), from an amazing album!

Yes!

I really only picked this particular track for this round's theme and told Evermind to listen to the full album as well :lol
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Evermind

New page!

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on June 11, 2024, 01:10:37 PM
#14 is Mask of the Phantasm - "Dreams Dying on a Dance Floor" - Lonk.  Cool band. 

Yes!

Quote from: wolfking on June 11, 2024, 05:01:34 PM
#13. Blindead - All Hopes and Dreams Turn Into.

Yes!

Quote from: wolfking on June 11, 2024, 05:13:52 PM
Astora - Unkindled?

Nope!

Post with the pics

1. ? - ? Holy DT Tour Month - Dark Souls Protagonist
2. ? - ? Mountains ? Saddenraise - The funeral of the scorched Earth, ... mountains ... (grieve) - also the pic is of the certain mountains in Northern Ireland
3. ? - ? Not a wizard or a warlock - The guys on the tree aren't guilty by the way
4. Parius - The Acid Lakes of Ganymede
5. King: Advent Horizon - How Did It Get So Good?
6. screw you Luke with this band's name: ? - ? Awkward Virtual Studio Technology - The Bright Sun
7. lonestar: Gacharic Spin - MindSet
8. ? - ? Listening to these little flying shits happily beginning to welcome the sunrise at 4 AM right outside your window - The Nile
9. Frightened Rabbit - An Otherwise Disappointing Life
10. Seven Spires - Shadow on an Endless Sea
11. ? - ? Monster (or Man if you're a Helloween fan) - Literally what's on the picture but in another language
12. Stadler: Heart - Mistral Wind
13. Blindead - All Hopes and Dreams Turn Into
14. Lonk: Mask of the Phantasm - Dreams Dying on a Dance Floor

Impressions will be coming later today!
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

twosuitsluke

Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

Evermind

Post with the pics

1. TAC: St. October - The Ashen One Holy DT Tour Month - Dark Souls Protagonist
2. jingle.boy: Gladenfold - Where Mountains Mourn Saddenraise - The funeral of the scorched Earth, ... mountains ... (grieve) - also the pic is of the certain mountains in Northern Ireland
3. wolfking: Sorcerer - Lamenting of the Innocent Not a wizard or a warlock - The guys on the tree aren't guilty by the way
4. Puppies: Parius - The Acid Lakes of Ganymede
5. King: Advent Horizon - How Did It Get So Good?
6. screw you Luke with this band's name: AVKRVST - The Pale Moon Awkward Virtual Studio Technology - The Bright Sun
7. lonestar: Gacharic Spin - MindSet
8. Litho: Exploring Birdsong - The River Listening to these little flying shits happily beginning to welcome the sunrise at 4 AM right outside your window - The Nile
9. Shadow Ninja: Frightened Rabbit - An Otherwise Disappointing Life
10. ariich: Seven Spires - Shadow on an Endless Sea
11. Sacul: Invisible - Doscientos Anos Monster (or Man if you're a Helloween fan) - Literally what's on the picture but in another language
12. Stadler: Heart - Mistral Wind
13. Elite: Blindead - All Hopes and Dreams Turn Into
14. Lonk: Mask of the Phantasm - Dreams Dying on a Dance Floor
Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Evermind

Impressions!

Loving the clean parts but having a difficult time with growls so far.

Like a glass of a fresh cold water from a local creek on a sunny day. Simple yet refreshing.

Sounds solid (I hear The Ocean in some parts) but maybe you should've shot for something a bit more accessible than this.

I'm not sure there's a good song in there, but I'm impressed with the vocals and I felt like the storytelling was there. Maybe it'll work as I get more acquainted with this.

Fairly tame for the most part, I expected something a bit heavier, also I feel there are some Opeth vibes.

Not too sure about the vocal melodies here, especially the last part is the worst offender. Overall pretty much what I expected.

Oh that's some quality doom. A bit drawn out though, could've used some cuts I think.

So is he the guy or is he not the guy? What's up with that one chorus out of twenty where he's not the guy and then he's right back to "I'm the guy" approach? Give me the details!

Not something I'd ordinarily would listen to, but this is kinda fun, definitely got some groove.

The guitar (lap steel?) solo is nice. Don't mean to be harsh but the rest here is bland as the meals I was getting at the hospital recovering from appendicitis. Maybe it'll grow on me.

This treads the thin line between something out of my wheelhouse and fascinating. I'm honestly leaning towards fascinating.

One of the best songs of the roulette so far. I wish he showed his higher register a bit more but yeah this is fantastic, right up my alley.

This is so tame I don't really have anything to say about this. It's nice I guess. This could've been a prog rock song. Catchy chorus too.

Six minutes of noise/post rock and then two minutes of growls. Um, no idea what to think about this.

TAC

I had no clue which one was mine. :lol

In fact, I had no clue period.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Evermind

Quote from: TAC on June 12, 2024, 08:13:47 AM
I had no clue which one was mine. :lol

In fact, I had no clue period.

Apparently there's an anime named Saint October (thanks Google) so I went with that for the pic. And apparently there's a guy called "The Ashen One" in Dark Souls 2/3 (thanks Google) so I also went with that. :lol

TAC

I'll pick two bad..

Quote from: Evermind on June 12, 2024, 08:13:15 AM
Not too sure about the vocal melodies here, especially the last part is the worst offender. Overall pretty much what I expected.

Oh that's some quality doom. A bit drawn out though, could've used some cuts I think.

and a good one..

This treads the thin line between something out of my wheelhouse and fascinating. I'm honestly leaning towards fascinating.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Lonk

This is so tame I don't really have anything to say about this. It's nice I guess. This could've been a prog rock song. Catchy chorus too.

Maybe this one?

King Postwhore

Taking a big swing.  One of these?

One of the best songs of the roulette so far. I wish he showed his higher register a bit more but yeah this is fantastic, right up my alley.

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

twosuitsluke

Fairly tame for the most part, I expected something a bit heavier, also I feel there are some Opeth vibes.

90% sure this is me. Think I need to stop playing it safe.
Quote from: ariich on November 07, 2023, 12:38:53 PMJust popping in to say Luke, you were right.

lonestar

Not something I'd ordinarily would listen to, but this is kinda fun, definitely got some groove.

Sacul

lonestar

Could be this too...

But I'm still leaning towards the groove.

Stadler

Sounds solid (I hear The Ocean in some parts) but maybe you should've shot for something a bit more accessible than this.

I'm not sure there's a good song in there, but I'm impressed with the vocals and I felt like the storytelling was there. Maybe it'll work as I get more acquainted with this.

Evermind

Quote from: TAC on June 12, 2024, 08:19:45 AM
I'll pick two bad..

and a good one..

Still no clue apparently. In no way your song is a doom one. :)

Quote from: Lonk on June 12, 2024, 08:25:26 AM
Maybe this one?

Ah, no.

Quote from: King Postwhore on June 12, 2024, 08:33:51 AM
Taking a big swing.  One of these?

Also nope, yours is a prog rock song all the way!

Quote from: twosuitsluke on June 12, 2024, 08:48:48 AM
90% sure this is me. Think I need to stop playing it safe.

Got it in one!

Quote from: lonestar on June 12, 2024, 09:06:03 AM

Also got it in one!

Quote from: Sacul on June 12, 2024, 09:07:46 AM
So tame you've got nothing to say? :lol

Not quite but you're in a right wheelhouse.

Quote from: Stadler on June 12, 2024, 09:22:49 AM

This one.

LithoJazzoSphere

Like a glass of a fresh cold water from a local creek on a sunny day. Simple yet refreshing.

This is either mine or you pulled a red herring from that creek.

Evermind

Loving the clean parts but having a difficult time with growls so far.

Litho - Exploring Birdsong: Like a glass of a fresh cold water from a local creek on a sunny day. Simple yet refreshing.

Stadler - Heart: I'm not sure there's a good song in there, but I'm impressed with the vocals and I felt like the storytelling was there. Maybe it'll work as I get more acquainted with this.

twosuitsluke - AVKVWVBKGPDSHJSVST: Fairly tame for the most part, I expected something a bit heavier, also I feel there are some Opeth vibes.

TAC - St. October: So is he the guy or is he not the guy? What's up with that one chorus out of twenty where he's not the guy and then he's right back to "I'm the guy" approach? Give me the details!

lonestar - Gacharic Spin: Not something I'd ordinarily would listen to, but this is kinda fun, definitely got some groove.

The guitar (lap steel?) solo is nice. Don't mean to be harsh but the rest here is bland as the meals I was getting at the hospital recovering from appendicitis. Maybe it'll grow on me.

jingle.boy - Gladenfold: One of the best songs of the roulette so far. I wish he showed his higher register a bit more but yeah this is fantastic, right up my alley.

Six minutes of noise/post rock and then two minutes of growls. Um, no idea what to think about this.

jingle.boy

I'm gonna be bold and say the Gladenfold track is right up your alley.
Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Evermind

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on June 12, 2024, 10:00:09 AM
This is either mine or you pulled a red herring from that creek.

This is yours for sure!

Quote from: jingle.boy on June 12, 2024, 10:01:27 AM
I'm gonna be bold and say the Gladenfold track is right up your alley.

And you're gonna be correct. Updated above.

TAC

OK.. one of these then..

Quote from: Evermind on June 12, 2024, 10:01:10 AM

jingle.boy

Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

Sacul

Is it the not sure about the vocal melodies? That last part is amazing, gives me chills every time :corn

TAC

Evermind

Quote from: TAC on June 12, 2024, 10:05:55 AM
OK.. one of these then..

Also not these. Yours is this one:

QuoteSo is he the guy or is he not the guy? What's up with that one chorus out of twenty where he's not the guy and then he's right back to "I'm the guy" approach? Give me the details!

Is the guy The Ashen One or not? Because apparently he can't decide, somewhere in the middle of the song there's the chorus where he says he's not. But in the other like ten or twenty choruses he says he is. And the song is 9 minutes long too. So I've got to know. :lol He doesn't sound happy about that either.

Quote from: Sacul on June 12, 2024, 10:09:08 AM
Is it the not sure about the vocal melodies? That last part is amazing, gives me chills every time :corn

Um... also not this, but I'll keep listening, still a couple of days out from the results.

TAC

Evermind

Sacul

This treads the thin line between something out of my wheelhouse and fascinating. I'm honestly leaning towards fascinating?

LithoJazzoSphere

That Gladenfold track is nice.  A bit more epic and less dark version of Green Carnation. 

TAC

Quote from: Evermind on June 12, 2024, 10:10:48 AM
Also not these. Yours is this one:

Is the guy The Ashen One or not? Because apparently he can't decide, somewhere in the middle of the song there's the chorus where he says he's not. But in the other like ten or twenty choruses he says he is. And the song is 9 minutes long too. So I've got to know. :lol He doesn't sound happy about that either.

OK, what threw me in the impression was your use of the word "he". It's a female lead singer.

Yes, there's a moment of doubt when flame ignites "her" mind, but no...she's the ashen one for sure.

And there's only 3 choruses, I think.

Evermind

Quote from: Sacul on June 12, 2024, 10:17:48 AM
This treads the thin line between something out of my wheelhouse and fascinating. I'm honestly leaning towards fascinating?

I hate to say it but no.

Quote from: TAC on June 12, 2024, 10:26:53 AM
OK, what threw me in the impression was your use of the word "he". It's a female lead singer.

Yes, there's a moment of doubt when flame ignites "her" mind, but no...she's the ashen one for sure.

And there's only 3 choruses, I think.

Oh shit! I've just successfully 425'd myself. :lol I thought it was a woman during the first few lines but when the song got to the chorus I was sure it's a nasally singing guy. I couldn't decide if he was annoying or selling the anguish this way.

It felt like there were a lot of choruses for sure, but I also accidentally looped the song on itself instead of looping the whole playlist, so I might have listened to this song three times in a row before I realized I did that.