News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Biggest Dream Theater online community since 2007.

Main Menu

What colour should MP's new drumkit have?

Started by Schurftkut, June 03, 2024, 12:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What colour should MP's new drumkit have?

Purple
4 (23.5%)
Purple
1 (5.9%)
Purple
3 (17.6%)
Purple
6 (35.3%)
Purple
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Schurftkut

i'm just wondering what the new drumkit will be like, MP said there was something in the works with Tama, so i'm curious what the new look will be!

emtee

Over the top custom painted and tied to the new album artwork.

HOF

My first thought was purple, but on further reflection I think I'd go with purple.

brakkum

I know this is controversial, but sparkling purple

Setlist Scotty

Quote from: BlobVanDam on November 13, 2015, 07:37:14 PMAs a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.
Quote from: TAC on July 10, 2024, 08:26:41 AMPOW is awesome! :P

Glasser

Quote from: Setlist Scotty on June 03, 2024, 02:29:52 PM
I'll go with deep purple.   :biggrin:

I just saw this thread and came to post the sane thing!!!

TAC

I just saw the thread and thought who fucking cares? ;D
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: DTwwbwMP on October 10, 2024, 11:26:46 AMDISAPPOINTED.. I hoped for something more along the lines of ADTOE.

wolfking

Quote from: TAC on June 03, 2024, 03:30:18 PM
I just saw the thread and thought who fucking cares? ;D

Came in to post this.

Glasser

I don't care if he puts a cock and ball sack on it. I just thought purple would be cool.

Jamesman42

We're at this stage of the album waiting game. Fun.

I chose dark beige.
\o\ lol /o/

Glasser

Quote from: Jamesman42 on June 03, 2024, 04:18:42 PM
We're at this stage of the album waiting game. Fun.

I chose dark beige.

With a cock and balls though right?  :lol

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Nekov

Since DTs live shows have been missing some punch, I'd go with a mix of neon orange and yellow and have some dark lights pointing towards the drums the whole show.

lucasembarbosa

Gotta get some lava lamps and candles around the drums as well

Zydar

Is there a colour he hasn't used yet? I'll go with that.

HOF

Quote from: Zydar on June 04, 2024, 07:42:06 AM
Is there a colour he hasn't used yet? I'll go with that.

Either the Colour of Spring or Living Colour.

Schurftkut

maybe each tom a different colour, cymbals as well

Adami

Quote from: Schurftkut on June 04, 2024, 08:57:41 AM
maybe each tom a different colour, cymbals as well

Makes you wonder which set he'll bring on tour. I know he recorded on the siamese monster, but who knows if that will be the same configuration he takes.
www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

MoraWintersoul

I was expecting to drop into a serious discussion with a vote for purple, now I'm half tempted to argue something else :lol

Metro

Adami

Also isn't Deep Purple the color that Lars was using before his most recent 72 Seasons kit?

Didn't love it.
www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

hefdaddy42

I mean, I like Purple.  But it will go along with whatever the album art is, or possibly the tour poster artwork that is already out there.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Architeuthis

I like the clear acrylic kit he used on the SC tour. It sounded awesome too!

TheBarstoolWarrior

a color that goes with the album artwork.
Disclaimer: All opinions stated are my own unless otherwise specified. I do not personally know any present or former members of DT. From time to time where the context is or should be obvious, I may decline to explicitly label my words as opinion. I cannot predict the future.

Schurftkut

i think that current artwork isn't possible for the toms etc (like what nicko mcbrain does in IM) because there isn't any artwork yet and those things take time. On the bassdrumheads? sure!

ZirconBlue

I think he should go with something different, like violet.

Schurftkut

with bright yellow heads on the toms, seafoamgreen cymbals, and of course the blue beard

Glasser

Well, he's using this for the new album.... So...  :lol