News:

DreamTheaterForums is a place for people who just don't have the time for music anymore. 

Main Menu

Dune Prophecy on HBO Max

Started by MinistroRaven, July 18, 2024, 09:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinistroRaven

Dune Prophecy Set 10,000 years before the birth of Paul Atreides.

Looks interesting.

Adami

Looks good!

It also touches on a fantasy/modern Sci Fi trope that annoys me.

10,000 years and it looks, almost exactly, technology, and culturually, like Dune.

It's the same with the Game of Thrones stuff and Star Wars too. Soooo much time and soooo little progress.

10,000 years ago on Earth is completely unrecognizeable to modern Earth, but 10,000 years in these stories results in almost nothing.
www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

cramx3

Quote from: Adami on July 18, 2024, 09:48:45 AMLooks good!

It also touches on a fantasy/modern Sci Fi trope that annoys me.

10,000 years and it looks, almost exactly, technology, and culturually, like Dune.

It's the same with the Game of Thrones stuff and Star Wars too. Soooo much time and soooo little progress.

10,000 years ago on Earth is completely unrecognizeable to modern Earth, but 10,000 years in these stories results in almost nothing.

These were untouched, uncontacted and indigenous parts of the universe, like the tribe recently seen on earth that looks like from they are from the stone age in Peru.

Anyway, I quite liked the new Dune movies, and never read the books or saw the old movies. I was unaware they were making a TV show too.  But it looks good, I'll check it out

BlackInk

Yeah, this continues to look great.

The Letter M