PROGPOWER USA XXIII

Started by Blackcastle, September 13, 2019, 10:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cramx3

Time to begin some ProgPower 2025 homework...

This Cemetary Skylines band is really awesome.  Not sure if they will be for everyone, but they sound a lot like HIM who I love but disbanded.  That early 00s goth rock, with super catchy chorus's.  It's hardly even metal, certainly not prog or power, but good hard rock music that's catchy with a darker tone to it.  I have to listen to the album that just came out today, but the singles have been soo good. Here's one of those singles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1PQE6cxXK4

lonestar

The Ocean is out for day 2 of next year

cramx3

Quote from: lonestar on October 14, 2024, 03:15:39 PMThe Ocean is out for day 2 of next year

Line up changes, makes sense, but is this the quickest PP cancellation?  Guess we should be glad its early, no one's bought tickets so you can't be too pissed. They weren't a must see for me having seen them before, but I did enjoy that show.

lonestar

Quote from: cramx3 on October 14, 2024, 03:33:14 PMLine up changes, makes sense, but is this the quickest PP cancellation?  Guess we should be glad its early, no one's bought tickets so you can't be too pissed. They weren't a must see for me having seen them before, but I did enjoy that show.

I'm not going, but if I were I'd be bummed. They definitely were a draw for me

hefdaddy42

I was looking forward to seeing them.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

hefdaddy42

Tickets: acquired 
Anticipation: high
Shaking: my ass
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

lonestar

cramx3

My gf and I are in. Looking forward to my 7th time. Been digging some of the bands this week too as I do my homework.

My gf, even though she had a blast last time, said she needed some convincing with the line up, which I understand. So I played cemetary Skyline and all for metal and she's sold.

I think we are both fairly meh on Skald though. I think it's interesting and clearly different, but I'm not sure I have too much interest in them beyond watching them for the OOC perspective. It's just simply not metal or even rock music so it doesn't hit my tastes sadly.

obelix5150

Hey guys! I missed this thread last month but I'm super happy to see all the love for Damian's set. It was an honor being Damian's MD, and I'm so proud of how hard the rest of my band brought it. It was their first time playing Center Stage and they absolutely fell in love - the love and support and positive energy of this community is a major factor in that.  :heart

If you enjoyed the work of the rhythm section, be sure to check out our new songs from Lux Terminus - they are the drummer and bassist of that band.

lonestar

Quote from: obelix5150 on October 21, 2024, 08:17:09 AMHey guys! I missed this thread last month but I'm super happy to see all the love for Damian's set. It was an honor being Damian's MD, and I'm so proud of how hard the rest of my band brought it. It was their first time playing Center Stage and they absolutely fell in love - the love and support and positive energy of this community is a major factor in that.  :heart

If you enjoyed the work of the rhythm section, be sure to check out our new songs from Lux Terminus - they are the drummer and bassist of that band.

Hey Vik... Never pass up an opportunity to tell you and the guys how fucking amazing that set was...

-RJ

jingle.boy

Quote from: lonestar on October 21, 2024, 09:17:41 AMHey Vik... Never pass up an opportunity to tell you and the guys how fucking amazing that set was...

-RJ
Same.  It was life changing.
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

hefdaddy42

Quote from: obelix5150 on October 21, 2024, 08:17:09 AMHey guys! I missed this thread last month but I'm super happy to see all the love for Damian's set. It was an honor being Damian's MD, and I'm so proud of how hard the rest of my band brought it. It was their first time playing Center Stage and they absolutely fell in love - the love and support and positive energy of this community is a major factor in that.  :heart
My guy, that set was amazing.  I wasn't that familiar with Damian before that night, but that performance was a game-changer!
Quote from: obelix5150 on October 21, 2024, 08:17:09 AMIf you enjoyed the work of the rhythm section, be sure to check out our new songs from Lux Terminus - they are the drummer and bassist of that band.
I have since listened to all of the Lux Terminus stuff, and it was also fantastic.

cramx3

Day 1 Announced

Hammerfall
Green Carnation
Eclipse
Secret Sphere
Aries Descendant

lonestar

Fuck....of course the best band is on day 1.

Here's hoping for a Maestrick/Secret Sphere US tour lol

cramx3

Aries Descendant is completely new to me, never even heard of them.  Solid line up.  I need to redo some Secret Sphere homework, it's been awhile since I had done some homework on them for a previous ProgPower before they pulled out.

Eclipse is hopefully better than last time, they had a bass issue and ended up like having to drop 3 or so songs from the set as the singer struggled to keep the crowd engaged while they sorted out the issue.

Hammerfall is kind of lame. Like, yeah, they are headliner worthy and a classic power metal band, they are worthy generally, but I've just seen them a bunch and while they are solid live, just are a band that has never pushed me over the edge to really loving. 

The Green Carnation fans can rejoice

jingle.boy

Quote from: cramx3 on October 21, 2024, 02:36:50 PMAries Descendant is completely new to me, never even heard of them.  Solid line up.  I need to redo some Secret Sphere homework, it's been awhile since I had done some homework on them for a previous ProgPower before they pulled out.

Eclipse is hopefully better than last time, they had a bass issue and ended up like having to drop 3 or so songs from the set as the singer struggled to keep the crowd engaged while they sorted out the issue.

Hammerfall is kind of lame. Like, yeah, they are headliner worthy and a classic power metal band, they are worthy generally, but I've just seen them a bunch and while they are solid live, just are a band that has never pushed me over the edge to really loving. 

The Green Carnation fans can rejoice
Re: Aries Descendant - Jonas is the keyboardist for Pyramaze, and toured with Mindmaze a number of years back.  Sonne is the lead singer of Defecto, and has 1 (2??) solo album under its belt that is fantastic. 

Honestly, Hammerfall is the least interesting for me.