News:

The staff at DTF wish to remind you all that a firm grasp of the rules of Yahtzee can save your life and the lives of your loved ones.  Be safe out there.

Main Menu

Crow’s Electronic Roulette v9 - ROUND 3 RESULTS

Started by Crow, August 21, 2024, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Crow on October 03, 2024, 09:02:47 AMright, let's see if i can do hangman this time.
i'll set it up later tho i just woke up
Must be nice sleeping in til 9am  :corn
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Sacul

Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on October 03, 2024, 01:42:37 PMMust be nice sleeping in til 9am  :corn
I've realized I really can't wake up before 10 am no matter when I go to sleep. So good I work from home at least :lol
Quote from: Evermind on April 17, 2016, 02:11:10 PM"Zantera / Sacul music"
Quote from: home on December 09, 2017, 07:38:24 AMI want your D if it's still up for grabs

Fancy a print? Need pics for your next album's artwork? Send me a PM!

Crow

Round 3 Hangman

_ __t_ T___u__ _t
____
_at___at_
T___s____
______c_
__u __t M_
__t____ t_ Sa_
Sa_a_t __ Mu_____ms
____a___
Su__a___
___ct___ Mus____m
Andy Stott
_a_t_ __ St_a____s
St_c__ __ama
_____t___ ____t _____
_____ __sa__
___ct__
____

Letters Guessed:
ACMSTU

let's go

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard

Buddyhunter1

Sacul

Quote from: home on December 09, 2017, 07:38:24 AMI want your D if it's still up for grabs

Crow

Puppies_On_Acid

Sacul

Evermind

Quote from: Train of Naught on May 28, 2020, 10:57:25 PMThis first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Crow

Buddyhunter1

Crow

Crow

also i will say motivation to get this round done faster is a bit low since this is easily the weakest round so far oops

i'm thru second listens now and my thoughts haven't really changed on most of these songs from first listen, which is a bit of a problem but we'll see

Buddyhunter1

I for I'm just coming in here to say that the new Frost Children / Haru Nemuri collab EP kinda slaps

Crow

i listened to like two tracks and that was about as much of it as i could take, i like haru and i like some frost children ig but what they're doing together isn't for me lol

Crow

Round 3 Hangman

I Bite Through It
____
_at___at_
T___s___d
_i____c_
__u __t M_
__t_i__ t_ Sa_
Sa_a_t __ Mu_____ms
____ab__
Su__a___
I__ct__d Mus____m
Andy Stott
_ait_ I_ St_a____s
St_c__ D_ama
_____t_i_ __i_t _____
__i__ I_sa__
___ct__
____

Letters Guessed:
ABCDIMSTU

Sacul

Crow

Puppies_On_Acid

Crow

hey ariich please change his name to Duppies_On_Acid thanks

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Crow

Buddyhunter1

Crow

alright i'm def not doing any more hangman this roulette  :lol
playlist is here, i'll have first impressions up in a sec
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2RKwOn9iLLUviexLxVLuVK

doing another listen-thru right now and i will hint that pretty much every submission i like the first song more than the second one, oops. this round is honestly more "not my thing" than it is "my thing" so it's been a bit hard to get much enthusiasm for it 'cause i feel like people saw the blanck mass score and didn't understand why i liked it - most stuff aesthetically similar to blanck mass i really don't like much at all :lol

Crow

Round 3 First Impressions

1. Smooth 'n' chill, y'know what, I can dig that.

2. The album cover alone makes me want to listen to this album. Thankfully the music's also delightfully quirky and neat.

ariich: 3. I was vibing with this one a bit more than the other one, at first, and then it did the same thing I've already negged other songs this roulette for doing...

Puppies: 4. There's some cool sounds on this, but the whole thing feels a bit too sparse and sluggish for my tastes.

ariich: 5. The album cover alone makes me not want to listen to this song. Thankfully the music's... halfway between two sounds I don't really care for yet somehow better than you'd think? Hmm.

Buddy: 6. Annoyed that this song takes elements I've lambasted in previous rounds and makes them actually work. Like, how dare you be the exception that proves the rule.

7. Fun enough mellower groove, though I feel like I spent most of the song waiting for a bit more to happen and it never really did.

8. Probably the most "...I mean, sure, but also, huh?" submission of this roulette, it's both... fine, but not something that piques my interest at all.

Litho: 9. I've never really aestheticaly vibed with music like this and I can't really tell you why. Don't necessarily dislike it, just, something about it has always been a bit offputting.

Dacul: 10. ...maybe I spoke too soon on the other one, this goes way too far in a direction I just am not even sure what to do with?

Dacul: 11. The sounds on this are pretty fun, and there's some cool moments that emerge from it, but I'm worried the overall package is going to be a bit too abstract for me.

Litho: 12. I get your play here, and while this doesn't quite scratch the itch you're trying scratch, to it's still cool and kinetic enough that I'm into it.

LithoJazzoSphere

Crow

i barely even noticed the album cover(s?) of your submission, no :lol
i also wanna note that 2 and 5 come from different submissions and are not a pair, i just thought it was funny

Puppies_On_Acid

LithoJazzoSphere

Quote from: Crow on October 07, 2024, 07:06:21 PMalright i'm def not doing any more hangman this roulette  :lol

Hangman is harder to do with a smaller participant number, particularly when they either aren't normally prolific hangman solvers or are busier when hangman is up. 

LithoJazzoSphere

Quote from: Crow on October 07, 2024, 07:35:07 PMi barely even noticed the album cover(s?) of your submission, no :lol

They're pretty bizarre covers, far different than what I typically send in roulettes, and I have the world's most tenuous grasp on your aesthetic tastes, so I figured I'd cover both bases.  Apparently the bases are from an entirely different game. 

Crow

anyways i missed mentioning it but you both have one right yes

Buddyhunter1

Quote from: Crow on October 07, 2024, 07:06:21 PMi feel like people saw the blanck mass score and didn't understand why i liked it - most stuff aesthetically similar to blanck mass i really don't like much at all :lol

Not mine :lol

Uhhhhhhhhh 1?

LithoJazzoSphere

I definitely was not trying to sound like "House vs. House", that's for sure.  :p

Buddyhunter1

I would send more stuff like Blanck Mass if I were familiar with more stuff like Blanck Mass that was good... which I wish I were :sadpanda: