Crow’s Electronic Roulette v9 - ROUND 3 RESULTS

Started by Crow, August 21, 2024, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReaperKK

I've never heard a song be called sweaty but I like it :lol.

Ill get something sent tomorrow :)

Buddyhunter1

Thanks Litho for saving me the trouble of rounding up all of those quotes myself. :lol

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on October 15, 2024, 07:02:02 PMSo maybe Buddy is motivated by a desire to prove people wrong.  In that case, I should start early and tell him he's going to perform atrociously in my next one.  :loser:

Nah, I'm a surprisingly non-spiteful person. :P I honestly think one of the reasons I'm doing so well is that while Crow's commitment to sending only electronic stuff in my last roulette didn't turn out that well for her score-wise, it did give me a much better understanding of the styles and moods I should be focusing on. Maybe the same could be said for you, too. :corn

Buddyhunter1

Quote from: LithoJazzoSphere on October 15, 2024, 06:56:25 PMLost this round to a band I didn't score very well in mine, I guess I should see if I like those songs more or less than "House vs. House".  :corn

You'll probably like Threshold and dislike Electro (did someone say vocal chops?). You'd probably like their new album the most - it's all instrumental and dials up the prog and jazz fusion influences while still having a cool electronic flair. Oh, and way more saxophone.

LithoJazzoSphere

Huh, I didn't realize or had forgotten that we both went electronic-only in it.

LithoJazzoSphere

Ok, "Threshold" is pretty cool, you're right about that one.

"Electro" has some cool stuff in it, but yeah, the constant vocal pitch-shifting irritates me.  Crow wasn't born early enough, that sound was traumatic and meant your cassette or VHS tape was getting shredded.  Kind of surprised the massive thump on the kick wasn't a turn-off, that has been a complaint in other writeups. 

Crow

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on October 15, 2024, 08:06:34 PMI honestly think one of the reasons I'm doing so well is that while Crow's commitment to sending only electronic stuff in my last roulette didn't turn out that well for her score-wise, it did give me a much better understanding of the styles and moods I should be focusing on.
yeah it's 100% this lol, i think i said as much somewhere already

ariich

Yeah fair enough, the aspects that did and didn't appeal to you are pretty much what I expected, but I hoped the balance might work out better. 

To be honest I didn't really think of any comparison to Blanck Mass as I don't think there's really any resemblance? I feel like I have a reasonable sense of what you do and don't like with electronic music, I just don't have very much that would hit those tastes other than 1. things you've sent me (like Vylet), 2. things I've sent you (like Clarence Clarity), or 3. things Buddy sent me in my last roulette and I didn't want to send straight away (Blanck Mass was on my list of potentials for later rounds - Sungazer I didn't really think of as they're more jazz than electronic. Maybe I should broaden my parameters a little). 

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

LithoJazzoSphere

Quote from: ariich on October 16, 2024, 01:00:35 PMI feel like I have a reasonable sense of what you do and don't like with electronic music, I just don't have very much that would hit those tastes

I still do not, but I'm pretty sure I've sampled it at some point and wasn't motivated to come back to it.  With your ears and my listening history combined I think we could take down Buddy.   ;)

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.

Crow

alright two days or so since reveals and i still need Duppies and Dacul!

Sacul

Quote from: Evermind on April 17, 2016, 02:11:10 PM"Zantera / Sacul music"
Quote from: home on December 09, 2017, 07:38:24 AMI want your D if it's still up for grabs

Fancy a print? Need pics for your next album's artwork? Send me a PM!

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Crow on October 17, 2024, 03:11:23 PMalright two days or so since reveals and i still need Duppies and Dacul!
Apologies, I've been super busy. I will get to it tonight.
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard
Quote from: Drunk TACThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your inbox is full.
Quote from: ReaperKK on August 29, 2024, 06:42:26 PMthat distractingly handsome son of a bitch is gonna make it hard

Crow

alright that's everyone, i'll try to start tomorrow but i'm trying to get a video script finished up and it's also new music friday tomorrow so no promises

Puppies_On_Acid

Crow

Quote from: Crow on September 30, 2024, 06:31:57 PMi am working on a video now so i can't promise this is getting 100% of my attention (i originally hoped this would be done or near done in time for when i need this video out but that ain't happening) but i'd like to at least keep up the pace a lil
taps the sign
i have 5 songs left to script for this video (out of 50) so i'm almost done with the part that gets in the way of me working on this, they take from the same pool of energy and i'm prioritizing the thing that needs to get done first but i'll get to this in a day or two

Puppies_On_Acid

Quote from: Crow on October 21, 2024, 11:32:43 AMtaps the sign
i have 5 songs left to script for this video (out of 50) so i'm almost done with the part that gets in the way of me working on this, they take from the same pool of energy and i'm prioritizing the thing that needs to get done first but i'll get to this in a day or two
No worries. Do what you need to do.

Buddyhunter1

The longer Crow takes the more time I have to figure out what to send for the last round :neverusethis:

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on October 21, 2024, 11:52:14 AMThe longer Crow takes the more time I have to figure out what to send for the last round :neverusethis:
As if you won't already be guaranteed victory by then. :P

Crow

i haven't listened to what buddy sent yet but the artist name screams "last place" to me ngl
i will note that half the artists this round are ones i've heard at least a tiny bit of but nowhere near enough to have a solid opinion on them

Buddyhunter1

Quote from: Crow on October 21, 2024, 12:48:39 PMi haven't listened to what buddy sent yet but the artist name screams "last place" to me ngl

The music is better. :lol