Secret Santa 2024 Sign-Ups close end of October

Started by Dr. DTVT, September 27, 2024, 06:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. DTVT

We're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears.

Rules:
*  Don't tell anyone who you have.  If you need gift ideas, PM me and I will contact your SS, or you can post suggestions for yourself in this thread once the matchmaking is done.  If you have a "need by" date, also include that.
*  Gifts should be around $40 not including shipping.
*  Plan on shipping your gift at least a week before someone's "Need by" date.  Different people might have different dates, be courteous to your recipient.  This includes being late, try not to be too late.
*  Pictures or video of you opening is required.  Video preferred.
*  There is a minimum "notoriety" requirement.  Due to my lack of activity, I will defer decisions of new people to a counsel of trusted users.  In all but two cases, the person who fails to give a gift is a newbie.  A repeat of several years ago non-participants is unacceptable.
*  You must provide me with tracking information.  I have two suggestions to do this and one for keeping shipping down:
1) Buy from Amazon or other online vendor that provides you a tracking number.  HOWEVER, they will ship it fast, so if you want to go that route, send the participant a card with a letter (which some of us do anyway), and send it a week before you order.  Address it to the person and their handle so they know it is from DTF.  In the letter state their gift will come direct from the vendor(s) and have fun with the rest.
2)  USPS isn't that bad usually, I have sent things three day for about $10 in the past.  Make sure you have a tracking number to give me if I ask for it.
3) IF YOU HAVE A CANADIAN: Don't ship USPS, there are customs charges that must be paid if you go this route, you need to use UPS or FedEx.
4) IF YOU HAVE A NICK: Pre-damage your box, then ship FedEx.  He'll appreciate the effort.

Dr. DTVT

Those who experience the Twilight Force:

Dipshit McFailRoulette
Sushi chef
Bela Hef and the Hef Tones
Stephen King's Thinner
Chris Novoselic
Chad Kroeger

lonestar

I mean, if course I'm in, but I'll never be able to top last year's gift I sent

Adami

Was hoping to come back in this year, but given the arrival of little kiddo in late November/early December, I can't imagine I'd be able to be much help.

Next year though!

www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

hefdaddy42

Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

XJDenton

As per usual, if a European crowd manifests, I'm in.
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
― Terry Pratchett

Cool Chris

Maybe the grass is greener on the other side because you're not over there fucking it up.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Jamesman42 on September 20, 2024, 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on September 20, 2024, 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

MinistroRaven

Hey friends! I really wanted to join in, but I'll probably be leaving Venezuela in the next few weeks. Even though I know where I'm headed, I'm not sure about the mail situation over there—how reliable, efficient, or expensive it is. So, I'll have to miss out on this year's Secret Santa, unfortunately. Have fun!

Nick

hefdaddy42

Quote from: MinistroRaven on October 02, 2024, 10:28:32 AMHey friends! I really wanted to join in, but I'll probably be leaving Venezuela in the next few weeks. Even though I know where I'm headed, I'm not sure about the mail situation over there—how reliable, efficient, or expensive it is. So, I'll have to miss out on this year's Secret Santa, unfortunately. Have fun!
That sucks, man.  Hopefully next year!
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

hefdaddy42

Nick

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on October 03, 2024, 08:35:54 AMNew forum makeover, who dis?

I feel like I always say this, but I still regularly view, I just don't comment nearly as much as I usually did. And I am sorry for being so absent. :(

hefdaddy42

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2024, 08:55:43 AMI feel like I always say this, but I still regularly view, I just don't comment nearly as much as I usually do. And I am sorry for being so absent. :(
I know, pal, I'm just fucking with you.

I enjoy following your roboting adventures on Facebook!

King Postwhore

I'll put him over my knee at Progstock and spank him for being a bad boy.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Nick

Quote from: King Postwhore on October 03, 2024, 09:52:44 AMI'll put him over my knee at Progstock and spank him for being a bad boy.

As long as you do it during Kyros I'm good with it. It would mean you've dragged me up to the front row.

MinistroRaven

Quote from: hefdaddy42 on October 03, 2024, 08:35:25 AMThat sucks, man.  Hopefully next year!
It does! But I need to leave before January 10th—I just don't have a set date yet. We finally got our new passports! I went to Lima a couple of weeks ago and managed to retrieve the frozen funds from my bank account. Now I'm just waiting for the green light from my boss, and then I'll grab the tickets!

ReaperKK

Ive seen this thread come and go year after year, this year, Im in!

King Postwhore

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2024, 02:19:32 PMAs long as you do it during Kyros I'm good with it. It would mean you've dragged me up to the front row.
:lol

lonestar

hefdaddy42