News:

Dreamtheaterforums.org is a place of peace.  ...except when it is a place of BEING ON FIRE!!!

Main Menu

THE Iron Maiden Thread

Started by TAC, April 27, 2009, 08:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAC

Quote from: wolfking on November 25, 2014, 04:18:53 PM
Starblind is by far the best song on the album, and is climbing in my all time Maiden rankings.  I'd agree it is a bit of an underrated masterpiece.
The epics on this album are all worthy of this comment. For me, it's The Talisman that stands out.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

wolfking

Quote from: TAC on November 25, 2014, 04:22:35 PM
Starblind is by far the best song on the album, and is climbing in my all time Maiden rankings.  I'd agree it is a bit of an underrated masterpiece.
The epics on this album are all worthy of this comment. For me, it's The Talisman that stands out.

You're right, Talisman could fit that bill too.  The other 3 are high quality, but not as high as these two IMO.

ThatOneGuy2112

When the Wild Wind Blows is the clear standout for me. Maiden really knows how to write a closing track. A modern Maiden classic, and the best on TFF by far.

TAC

AMOLAD deservedly gets a ton of recognition, but really, if AMOLAD never happened, those props would be put on TFF.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Mosh

Talisman is my least favorite of the TFF epics. Still a great song, but the other ones are just a bit better. Highly agree on Starblind. Amazing song.

If i had to rank them, it'd look like this:

1: Isle of Avalon
2: Starblind
3: Wild Wind
4: Man Who Would Be King
5: Talisman

All 5 are fantastic though. Some of their best epics.

Scorpion

Isle of Avalon is my undisputed favourite from the album, and one of my favourite Maiden tracks in general. I love the groovy riff so much.

Mister Gold

:metal :tup

Seriously, there's so much to love about Starblind. That breakdown riff that happens right after the guitar solos is one of the most epic moments in Maiden history. :hefdaddy

ErHaO

You know, I never really listened to The Final Frontier. I do not know why. But I am listening to it now for the first time, and it is pretty damn awesome.

Lowdz

It's not a bad album, it's just made to sound that way. Every two bit power metal band of the last 20 years has a production that's better than Maiden's. And that is unforgivable.
But that intro puts me off so much.

wolfking

I agree, TFF is by far the worst sounding IM album, along with DOD.  I really hope the next album they use a different producer, but I doubt that very much.

I'm not a fan of the into either, and El Dorado is IMO Maiden's worst song, but the rest of the album more than makes up for it.

cramx3

I didnt think TFF production was bad at all.  Not the greatest, but pretty solid.  BNW is definitely my favorite sounding IM album.

wolfking

I love the sound of BNW too.

Mosh

Quote from: wolfking on November 27, 2014, 06:03:59 PM
I agree, TFF is by far the worst sounding IM album, along with DOD.  I really hope the next album they use a different producer, but I doubt that very much.
As long as Steve Harris is in the band, it doesn't matter who the producer is, the albums are going to sound like shit.

wolfking

Quote from: Mosh on November 27, 2014, 07:04:37 PM
Quote from: wolfking on November 27, 2014, 06:03:59 PM
As long as Steve Harris is in the band, it doesn't matter who the producer is, the albums are going to sound like shit.

You're probably right.

Anguyen92

Well, I've done it.  I finished a paper for my marketing class about Iron Maiden. It's 4.5 pages long and I referenced a NYTimes article, the Flight 666 documentary, and a video where Bruce Dickinson talks about turning fans into customers. I think I should do ok here.

wolfking

sneakyblueberry

bosk1

cramx3

:lol

I dont get the hate for that song. Ill admit when it was first released, I was a bit disappointed, but after I saw it live I had a new appreciation and now really love the song.  Not in my top 25, but still a very solid IM song. 

TAC

Quote from: cramx3 on December 01, 2014, 02:02:01 PM

I dont get the hate for that song. Ill admit when it was first released, I was a bit disappointed, but after I saw it live I had a new appreciation and now really love the song.  Not in my top 25, but still a very solid IM song.

Sometimes a live experience really changes one's view on it.

Mosh

Love El Dorado. One of their best straightforward rockers. Bruce's lyrics are really good too.

TAC

cramx3

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THIS MADE MY DAY

Zydar

RodrigoAltaf

I´m curious to find out what the sign means: "Uroton 51". As far as I know, this is not an actual location, and it´s an anagram of "On Tour 15". Or could it mean "No Tour 15"?

TAC

Quote from: RodrigoAltaf on December 17, 2014, 06:39:46 AM
  I´m curious to find out what the sign means: "Uroton 51". ... it´s an anagram of "On Tour 15".
I think you're on to something.

jjrock88

ThatOneGuy2112

GET HYPED :metal

Quote from: RodrigoAltaf on December 17, 2014, 06:39:46 AM
  I´m curious to find out what the sign means: "Uroton 51". As far as I know, this is not an actual location, and it´s an anagram of "On Tour 15". Or could it mean "No Tour 15"?

Well that code was cracked rather quickly. :lol

Mladen

Old news, but still exciting.  :metal

TAC

So most of my Concert Regrets are for shows that I was simply not old enough to go to. One such regret would be the Judas Priest/Iron Maiden tour in late 1982. This would be 8 months before I attended my first concert at the age of 14 1/2.
I've always hoped to lay my hands on a decent boot and early this week, the 10-19-82 Baltimore show came up on Dime. Here's the link:https://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=513145

It's probably a B+ but that's good enough for me.
The setlist is:
Murders In The Rue Morgue
Wrathchild
Run To The Hills
Children Of The Damned
The Number Of The Beast
22 Acacia Avenue
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden
Drifter

The version of Hallowed is incredible, and I cannot imagine how great it would've been to see them on a short stage.

cramx3

Yup, I would have loved to attend concerts back in the day before I was born or old enough.  Would be so cool to see your favorite bands at some small venue before they got famous.

bosk1

Waste of time.  They didn't even play El Dorado.  Weak.

TAC

Quote from: bosk1 on December 17, 2014, 12:17:07 PM

I just don't think they had the chops to play that kind of masterpiece at such an early age.

wolfking

Quote from: bosk1 on December 17, 2014, 12:17:07 PM

You are pure evil.