News:

DreamTheaterForums is a place for people who just don't have the time for music anymore. 

Main Menu

Nightwish...

Started by AwakeFromOctavarium, December 09, 2009, 06:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shredzorz (+ 1 Hidden) and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Gadough

Quote from: Sintheros on February 13, 2012, 02:13:11 AM
So the second half of Song of Myself is just about as emotional as music's ever made me.

Hell yes. Absolutely masterful narration.

bosk1

Ben_Jamin

I love Scaretale and Ghost River The Child choir really adds that haunting feel to it. I really hope the movie comes through.

WindMaster

This band is fucking awesome. Imaginaerum is the best them. Favorite track is probably all of them.

cramx3

Quote from: Ben_Jamin on April 05, 2012, 08:44:15 AM
I love Scaretale and Ghost River The Child choir really adds that haunting feel to it. I really hope the movie comes through.

I love the child choir. I really hope they do a US tour.

Quote from: bosk1 on April 05, 2012, 08:31:36 AM
Pretty good live Scaretale video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EmpS8E7d30&feature=g-vrec&context=G275438bRVAAAAAAAAAQ

:metal :metal :metal

TimelessSymphony

Pretty good live Scaretale video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EmpS8E7d30&feature=g-vrec&context=G275438bRVAAAAAAAAAQ

That was a pretty bad ass video of the song  :metal i can't wait for Nightwish to come here in Canada :D!!..

they are going to release a "Tour Edition" of the album i think somewhere in april, and they added an "Orchestral Version" of the album!!.. here's some samples of it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71YuCyFFNU8

Shadow2222

^ Very excited for that, I jhst wish I could buy it and the DVD separately from the regular CD. I'm gonna have a ton of regular Imaginaerum CDs laying around  :lol

Elaitch

Quote from: TimelessSymphony on April 05, 2012, 09:30:15 PM

That was a pretty bad ass video of the song  :metal i can't wait for Nightwish to come here in Canada :D!!..

they are going to release a "Tour Edition" of the album i think somewhere in april, and they added an "Orchestral Version" of the album!!.. here's some samples of it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71YuCyFFNU8

Can't really see the orchestral version being much different from the already released instrumental version of the album ;P It's probably due to the dubious quality of the video, but it sounds kind of... thin? Like they simply just removed the drum/guitar/bass/vocal tracks and slightly remixed the orchestal parts.

cramx3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XNeU88p8Zg&feature=colike

Definitely should check that out.  Studio quality sound of Planet Hell with Annette, recorded during the tour rehersal.

bosk1

Quote from: cramx3 on April 11, 2012, 12:05:24 PM

Definitely should check that out.  Studio quality sound of Planet Hell with Annette, recorded during the tour rehersal.

I wouldn't call that studio quality.  But that aside, that was cool.  I am pleasantly surprised by how good Anette's non-operatic style suits the song and takes it to a different place.

But...is that a "Nightwish" tat on her arm?  :facepalm:  Maybe it's just me, but...I think it's a really bad idea to get the band's name tattooed on you when you are a replacement member for a member who was previously fired. 

jingle.boy

Quote from: bosk1 on April 11, 2012, 02:31:25 PM
Quote from: cramx3 on April 11, 2012, 12:05:24 PM

I wouldn't call that studio quality.  But that aside, that was cool.  I am pleasantly surprised by how good Anette's non-operatic style suits the song and takes it to a different place.

But...is that a "Nightwish" tat on her arm?  :facepalm:  Maybe it's just me, but...I think it's a really bad idea to get the band's name tattooed on you when you are a replacement member for a member who was previously fired.

Agree with you there Bosk.  And as for her vocals... I'm torn.  They weren't bad, but it's this song that I discovered Nightwish with.  Coupled with the killer version from End of An Era, I just can't get used to anything but Tarja (and that yellow robe!!! :drool:)
Quote from: Jamesman42 on Today at 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

bosk1

Quote from: jingle.boy on April 12, 2012, 05:37:57 PMAnd as for her vocals... I'm torn.  They weren't bad, but it's this song that I discovered Nightwish with.  Coupled with the killer version from End of An Era, I just can't get used to anything but Tarja (and that yellow robe!!! :drool:)

I definitely understand.  I got into them around that same time.  It was before End Of An Era came out, but I had seen live videos of Phantom Of The Opera and Planet Hell from Lowlands (same tour; same outfit), and those were what hooked me on the band.  That's why I said I was "pleasantly surprised."  To me, Tarja owns that song.  I never could have even really imagined Anette doing it justice.  But even though it is different with her on it, I think it sounds really good.

wolfking

You know, I instantly bought Imaginarium the day it came out, and I haven't even spun the cd once.

cramx3

Quote from: wolfking on April 12, 2012, 06:38:00 PM:justjenwi
You know, I instantly bought Imaginarium the day it came out, and I haven't even spun the cd once.

:huh:

WindMaster

Quote from: wolfking on April 12, 2012, 06:38:00 PM
wut

wolfking

Yeah, it's true, crazy hey.  man, I have a cd buying obsession.  I need to spin the cd.

WindMaster

wolfking

cramx3

https://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/nightwish-tour-20120420

QuoteNightwish has announced their North American tour dates for 2012 in support of their latest album, Imaginaerum. These will be their only U.S. shows in 2012. All shows will feature Kamelot as opening band.

Here are the dates:

9/12/2012 Center Stage Atlanta, GA
9/13/2012 Center Stage Atlanta, GA
9/15/2012 Beacon Theatre New York, NY
9/16/2012 Electric Factory Philadelphia, PA
9/17/2012 The Palladium Worcester, MA
9/21/2012 Newport Music Hall Columbus, OH
9/23/2012 Royal Oak Music Theatre Royal Oak, MI
9/24/2012 Congress Theatre Chicago, IL
9/25/2012 Pop's Sauget, IL
9/27/2012 The Beaumont Kansas City, MO
9/28/2012 Ogden Theatre Denver, CO
9/29/2012 The Complex Salt Lake City, UT
10/1/2012 Showbox SoDo Seattle, WA
10/2/2012 Crystal Ballroom, The Portland, OR
10/3/2012 The Warfield San Francisco, CA
10/5/2012 The Grove Anaheim, CA
10/6/2012 House Of Blues San Diego, CA
10/7/2012 Marquee Theatre Tempe, AZ
10/9/2012 Diamond Ballroom Oklahoma City, OK
10/10/2012 Emo's Austin, TX
10/11/2012 House of Blues New Orleans, LA
10/13/2012 Revolution Ft. Lauderdale, FL
10/14/2012 House of Blues Lake Buena Vista, FL

Pre-orders are available now! And don't forget to grab a copy of Trials of Imaginaerum, the limited edition Nightwish Record Store Day 10" with demo versions (featuring vocals by bassist Marco Hietala) of four Imaginaerum cuts!

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Cant wait to see them and although I dont know whos Kamelot vocalist will be, I am really pumped to see them too. And at the Beacon  :biggrin:

WindMaster

Hm, might be able to see them in Atlanta.

fadetoblackdude7

Zook

OH MY FUCK THEY'RE COMING TO AZ!

Adami

I will go.

Has Kamelot even announced their singer?
www. fanticide.bandcamp . com

Cool Chris

October 01. I might need to mark this down on the calendar.

NY date on roadrunner but no NY date on website...what do?

Ben_Jamin

And yet again, why...why.

cramx3

Quote from: 73109 on April 20, 2012, 04:17:00 PM
NY date on roadrunner but no NY date on website...what do?

I was thinking this too, what the heck. I need to secure these tickets.

countoftuscany42

I'd like to go to the philly date, but idk if ill be moved into drexel yet :/
hopefully tho \m/

jingle.boy

Looks like I'll have to schedule some meetings in AZ the first week in October.  But damn... Sunday evening again!!!
Quote from: Jamesman42 on Today at 12:38:03 PM
Quote from: TAC on September 19, 2024, 05:23:01 PMHow is this even possible? Are we playing or what, people??
So I just checked, and, uh, you are one of the two who haven't sent.
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on Today at 12:46:33 PMTim's roulette police card is hereby revoked!

ThroughHerEyesDude6

Nightwish and Kamelot? I love it! Imma go listen to The Black Halo, brb.

VioletS16

My little sis nearly forced my dad to buy 4 tickets for the Ft. Lauderdale show. I've never seen her so excited before! :D It's going to be awesome.

Jaffa

Ben_Jamin

No good bands come by new mexico. At least Summer Slaughter won't let me down

Shadow2222

Oh yeah, seeing them in September in Columbus!!!  :metal

The Ugliest Unicorn