News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Biggest Dream Theater online community since 2007.

Main Menu

Official DTF Photography Thread

Started by 7StringedBeast, December 27, 2009, 12:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YtseBitsySpider

7StringedBeast

Tick

I took this one down at my local harbor.

7StringedBeast

Really nice depth there, Tick.  Next time you set up a shot like this try getting your foreground even closer and bigger in the camera.  It'll make it a really deep composition.  Try it out by say getting those reeds into the bottom left hand corner of your picture and having it fill up more space in the frame.

Tick

Quote from: 7StringedBeast on September 03, 2010, 06:43:16 AM
Really nice depth there, Tick.  Next time you set up a shot like this try getting your foreground even closer and bigger in the camera.  It'll make it a really deep composition.  Try it out by say getting those reeds into the bottom left hand corner of your picture and having it fill up more space in the frame.
:tup

ariich

So, got myself a D3000 today. :D Hopefully I'll get a chance to play around with it this weekend.

Just out of curiosity, when you guys store your system cameras in its case/bag, do you always remove the lens?

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

El Barto

I don't.  The less the lens is off, the less opportunity for dust to get in.

Portrucci

Quote from: ariich on September 07, 2010, 12:10:02 PM
So, got myself a D3000 today. :D Hopefully I'll get a chance to play around with it this weekend.

Just out of curiosity, when you guys store your system cameras in its case/bag, do you always remove the lens?
Great choice  :laugh:

Nope I don't take the lens off (unless changes lenses). Like Barto said, dust might get in. I just put the cap on the lens and store it up-right.

wkiml

7StringedBeast

chknptpie

Is an octopus grabbing her boob and did someone draw a penis on her chin?!

wkiml

Quote from: chknptpie on September 07, 2010, 05:42:48 PM
Is an octopus grabbing her boob and did someone draw a penis on her chin?!

Yes and Yes...someone vandalized the picture..the township tried to clean it up to the best of their capability but would have ruined the original if using any type of paint remover

Pyroph

Few I've taken recently, nothing earth-shattering.

Pyroph

Lol, I totally just edited those. Using contrast is cheating.

More edits:

Zydar

ScioPath

The contrast edits make them look a little artificial, but i like the last one.

ariich

Personally I really like the contrast edits. :tup

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.

Logical Nightmare

Things that make me angry:

The lens hood that came with my lens darkens the edges of the photograph even though it's designed for that particular lens.

ASGFGDSFHSLFH

veronica

Pyroph: Some of the edits are fun, but it looks like you like it a bit too much. Some of the pics looks totally burned out..

Aythesryche

A couple pics I took from an abandoned house I found awhile ago:

Pyroph

Quote from: veronica on September 26, 2010, 08:02:24 AM
Pyroph: Some of the edits are fun, but it looks like you like it a bit too much. Some of the pics looks totally burned out..
I know. I've never edited my photos before and I was just doing it for fun.

Chino

Quote from: Aythesryche on September 26, 2010, 04:44:03 PM

I would be in heaven if I found an abandoned house.

Aythesryche

Quote from: Chino on September 26, 2010, 05:26:41 PM

There are a bunch of them around here and I'm sure there's a bunch around your area. Just gotta find them. I found mine after many hours of aimless road tripping with a friend of mine. One of the best ways to find cool stuff to photograph.

A few weeks earlier I found this abandoned church:

veronica

Quote from: Pyroph on September 26, 2010, 05:20:03 PM
Quote from: veronica on September 26, 2010, 08:02:24 AM
I know. I've never edited my photos before and I was just doing it for fun.
Ah, cool then. One learns a lot by playing around. I'm at the point where I see how others have "overdone" it but I'm not exactly sure about my own pictures :P

Zydar

Pyroph

Cool as always.  :tup The places you live by are awesome!

Zydar

Logical Nightmare

Quote from: Chino on September 26, 2010, 05:26:41 PM

There's an abandoned factory near where I live. It's prohibited to go in, and in order to do so you have to find a way to crawl under the fence (which isn't easy, especially since they started putting up barbed wire under the fence as well). You also have to time your entrance, so that no one from the road sees you - when no one's around you have to climb up a few metres to get to the fence, then quickly crawl under the fence and jump down a stone ledge on the other side to hide behind. After that you're pretty safe. Lots of people do it, I've been there twice. It's like a maze - to get to the cellar floors (there are four floors beneath ground level, but the last one is flooded), you have to first get up to the third floor and down from there - if you get lost, you're pretty screwed. The bottom floors are really creepy, with abandoned showers and broken glass and equipment everywhere. It's a really cool place, and the adrenaline kick isn't too bad either.

I have a few pictures from there, but due to bad lightning conditions I only have pictures from the floors above ground. They are pretty boring compared to the lower floors, but oh well.

ariich

Went for a walk to the park down my road today, finally had a play with the new camera. Here are some of the photos I took (just uploaded to facebook) and did just very minimal editing on.

This is from a berry bush at the back of our garden, looking back at the house:

I like this one, because the focus is something I just couldn't achieve on my old compact:

The geese seemed to be synchronising themselves to the camera today:

SQUIRREL :D

Another of my classic shots, nothing new really:

A 16th century house in the middle of the park that had a couple of fires about 15-20 years ago that left it in its current state:

I love this one:

thecrowing

Aythesryche

Pic of a horse I took, thought it looked kinda creepy since the horse just stood there without moving for like 10 minutes in that exact position.

Pyroph

Yeah no shit, it can't see.

(I'm sure it can, I just couldn't resist. I've never seen one of those before)

Also, that's creepy.

Sir GuitarCozmo

For those that didn't see it in the other thread, a pic I took this week in Bermuda:

Rina

Quote from: ariich on October 10, 2010, 02:44:20 PM
Went for a walk to the park down my road today, finally had a play with the new camera. Here are some of the photos I took (just uploaded to facebook) and did just very minimal editing on.

-snip-

Amazing pics! I really like those. The pic with the geese is probably my fav.  :tup   You did a really good job!

Rina

Got up around dawn to get this pic while at the beach with the family.

These birds literally attacked me.

After several minutes of being pecked to death I managed to get this picture.