News:

BREAKING NEWS:  Dream Theater reunites with drummer Mike Portnoy (10/25/23)

Main Menu

Official DTF Photography Thread

Started by 7StringedBeast, December 27, 2009, 12:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chknptpie

Woah Rina, in the first picture I thought you were way closer to the water! Without something to scale it with, I guess the waves just looked like little ripples ha!

brakkum

Hi all, this is my first post back here in ages and ages. I just got into photography within the last month and am trying to push myself to do different things, I would love some criticism.

Zydar

veronica

Dude you should make portraits for a living :O Those two girls look like they're in a commercial. Those on top (I'm not so fond of the water pics) are the best non-proffesional pics I've seen in a long time.

No advice from me, sorry :( I'm not that good myself :P

JustJen

I think that your strengths lie in non-landscape photos... and I think that is an immense strength, indeed! Fantastic* work!

7StringedBeast

Did you light your portrait shots?

Rina

Excellent job, I like them a lot.  :tup

EPICVIEW

Brakkum!!

Very nice, thank you for sharing them

brakkum

Thanks everyone!

Quote from: 7StringedBeast on October 25, 2010, 06:36:13 AM
Did you light your portrait shots?

Nope, Never have used any lighting, all these pics are sans flash as well. The ones with the girls are all natural sunlight from late afternoon in fall, right when the sun was just starting to get a bit low. I would love to make photography a side job, especially photographing people, it's when I get most creative I think.

brakkum

I took some pics before my band played at my school today, and I must say the girl from above always gives me my favorite shots.

Tick

Zydar

brakkum

Love the fall! Wish all the leaves weren't gone here now...

brakkum

A picture I snapped today of my cat back at my parent's house.

Aythesryche

A couple photos that I took:

Living in La Jolla, CA, I've taken a ton of pics all around the state. This one was taken at Sunset Cliffs:

This next one was taken in an abandoned burned down house I found:

7StringedBeast

HDR imaging?

Never really liked that look.  Your composition is nice, but it looks like a painting more than a photo due to the heavy processing.

Aythesryche

Quote from: 7StringedBeast on November 04, 2010, 03:19:17 PM
HDR imaging?

Never really liked that look.  Your composition is nice, but it looks like a painting more than a photo due to the heavy processing.

2nd Photo is HDR. It's certainly an acquired taste. To me, there is no right or wrong way to photograph something as long as it does something good for me or the person I'm taking pictures for. I thought it looked kinda cool. =)

7StringedBeast

Don't get me wrong man, I'm not saying it looks bad.  I'm just not really a fan of the style because it looks too computery for my taste.  The first photo is phenomenal.  You are lucky to live in a place so beautiful.

EPICVIEW

Ariich very nice and Zydar and Rina all very nice

and Athesryche very nice..

some almost have a painting feel...very nice

7StringedBeast

Hey Epicview, not to get on your case but I have noticed that you double post a ton.  You should really try not to double post all the time.  I do believe its against forum rules.   :tup

EPICVIEW

Quote from: 7StringedBeast on November 05, 2010, 09:51:06 AM
Hey Epicview, not to get on your case but I have noticed that you double post a ton.  You should really try not to double post all the time.  I do believe its against forum rules.   :tup

sorry, it was more I was looking at the pictures again and wanted to make sure I mentioned everyone, I was just trying to be nice.

7StringedBeast

You can modify your existing posts and add on to them without making a new post.  I'm just trying to help you out.,

ich bin besser

A friend sent me this one. It's in the south of Germany (Feldberg/Schwarzwald), in the background are the Alps:

https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1432/5136019257_d88e6d042e_o.jpg

:hefdaddy

Small preview (the link has a much bigger one):

7StringedBeast

I want to visit the Schwarzwald soooo badly.  Seriously.  Great picture.

EPICVIEW

Chino

I thought this was cool for a cell phone camera. Snapped it earlier.

Logical Nightmare

This was a fun shoot. I call it "Cupcake in a Tree." :biggrin:

(The not-perfect sharpness annoys me. But I couldn't resist posting it because I just love it anyway. I blame it on tricky light conditions plus having to balance on my toes in very awkward positions not to get any side branches in the way. :lol)

MetalManiac666

Quote from: ich bin besser on November 05, 2010, 10:30:06 AM
A friend sent me this one. It's in the south of Germany (Feldberg/Schwarzwald), in the background are the Alps:

https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1432/5136019257_d88e6d042e_o.jpg

:hefdaddy

Small preview (the link has a much bigger one):

https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1432/5136019257_6269029cfb.jpg

Wow, amazing pic.

jonny108

jonny108

Sorry for double posting.  I really would like to get into photography, I just can't seem to find the time to do but it's always interested me and just thought I'd post a couple.

brakkum

Got this today from inside my parents' garage.

ariich

That's awesome brakk!

Here's a couple of photos I took tonight of my cat:

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

brakkum

Nice! love the bottom one.
I snapped this today at the docks in a town next to mine.

Also, here's one of my cat I love.

sonatafanica

Quote from: Logical Nightmare on November 25, 2010, 08:03:33 AM
This was a fun shoot. I call it "Cupcake in a Tree." :biggrin:

I laughed waaaay too hard at that

7StringedBeast