Senecadawg's Top 50 Least Disliked DT Songs

Started by senecadawg2, January 12, 2013, 03:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayden

Quote from: Podaar on January 29, 2013, 02:37:18 AM
A Change of Seasons is a great choice!  :tup

I bought the CD during a particularly terrible winter in which I was required to drive slowly on snow packed roads across town every morning. It happened to be a great way to become familiar with the song and it's movements. I'll never forget being stopped at the base of a hill watching other motorists fishtail their way up the slope when James burst forth with, "Oh come let us adore him, abuse and then ignore him..." etc. at the 16:30 mark. It was inspirational.

That's what I love about music: the way it becomes your life's soundtrack, and how certain songs become your own personal time capsules. Pretty much every period of my life, and most of my memories, have a piece of music attached to them. Your connections to "A Change of Seasons" sound particularly cool, though :).

And, for the record, I think that "A Change of Seasons" is a mighty fine choice. It's not often that you find a prog epic that flows so well, where no section feels out of place or uninspired, and no transition feels forced. Great, great song.

Nekov

I'll agree with Blob, ACOS is overrated. Good list otherwise and you kept a very nice pace.

Lolzeez

Quote from: Nekov on January 29, 2013, 03:07:55 AM
I'll agree with Blob, ACOS is overrated. Good list otherwise and you kept a very nice pace.
This this this.

Sycsa

One of the more enjoyable lists since I've been following this forum. Good job!  :tup

Destiny Of Chaos

Great writeups. Fantastic pace. Thank you for running such a great list thread.

GasparXR

I have to agree that ACOS is overrated, but I love it anyways, Probably top 15.

senecadawg2

Quote from: The Letter M on January 28, 2013, 08:49:14 PM
Wait.. SFAM is 8/10? Is it because you split "Scene Seven" by including "One Last Time" but not "The Dance Of Eternity"? Seems a bit... unfair considering you included "Scene Two" and "Scene Three" as wholes when they're two tracks as well.

Anyways, doing some math, here's how the albums rank for you, percentage wise...
1. Images And Words - 87.5%
2. Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence - 83.3%
3. Scenes From A Memory - 83.3% (or 80% as you have it)
4. Awake - 63.6%
5. Falling Into Infinity - 54.5%
7. Black Clouds & Silver Linings - 50%
8. Train Of Thought - 42.8%
9. When Dream And Day Unite - 37.5%
10. Octavarium - 12.5%
11. Systematic Chaos - 0%

I didn't include ACOS since it wasn't a full album, but if you're going for 1/1, then it's at 100% :lol

Great list! Thanks for posting and I quite enjoyed following it!

-Marc.

Yes, I realize that I'm not being entirely consistent on SFAM  :P  I've always believed that One Last Time and The Dance of Eternity don't go together nearly as well as the other two scenes which I kept paired.

As for my album rankings, the percentages are pretty accurate. I would shuffle just a little bit though...

1. SFAM
2. I&W
3. Awake
4. SDOIT
5. ADTOE
6. FII
7. BC&SL
8. ToT
9. WDADU
10. 8varium
11. SC

Anyways... Like I said, I enjoyed doing this list and thank you all for following!