Author Topic: RouletteMania! v. Do It, Gregg!  (Read 148061 times)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
Re: RouletteMania! v. Friday Evening, the Hang Still on My Man
« Reply #1855 on: April 26, 2020, 11:55:52 PM »
so, i went to random.org to pick out a random impression, and it gave me this one:

Tell me the truth, this was totally random, innit?

so that's scary. if this is actually my impression, no, it isn't  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: RouletteMania! v. Friday Evening, the Hang Still on My Man
« Reply #1856 on: April 26, 2020, 11:56:15 PM »
Wow, I can't believe that. Here in the States you couldn't get away from the 3 hit singles from that Mr. Mister album.

Broken Wings and Kyrie were both massive over here too.  Broken Wings was the bigger hit of the two though I believe.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Re: RouletteMania! v. Sunday in the park with impressions
« Reply #1857 on: April 27, 2020, 12:03:50 AM »
Yeah, checked with my old sis during the usual evening call, turns out it got around on the radio here as well at the time.

The only Kyrie I know is the sniveling bitch point guard though

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1858 on: April 27, 2020, 05:57:22 AM »
I only know the eleison
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1859 on: April 27, 2020, 06:05:24 AM »
That too, of course.  :facepalm:

Finalising writeups. A little bit more of a chasm between highs and lows this time.  :corn
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 07:21:44 AM by Indiscipline »

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1860 on: April 27, 2020, 10:09:34 AM »
Cut in two parts because, you may not believe it, I have exceeded the 20000 words and 10000 bullshit limits:

Sacul: St Vincent – Rattlesnake

Tell me the truth, this was totally random, innit?

Musical Value: 4 No disrespect, dude, but what the heck? You had found the perfect motherlode, the surest and fastest way to my heart with that lovely sequence of dirty sexy submissions! I was dreaming of yet another sordid rocking tale of wild debauchery in evil twin shape, the Pull Me Undies to Pull Me Under, if you will. What am I to do with this bundle of musical plastic? Let's put it this way: if the last songs you sent me felt like re-enacting 9 ½ Weeks in the middle of the Eyes Wide Shut party during Mardi Gras, this one feels like mansturbating with a prosthetic arm, hence re-enacting the edit cuts from The Fugitive, I guess.

PMU Evil Twinning: 6.5 The situation improves here, as I suppose the theme aspect is the main reason for your submission. In order to enjoy this tune, I assume it helps to turn thoughtful analysis off and let rythm and sound mass work the instincts, which is the exact opposite approach than you need with PMU. I don't know, throw me a bone here, Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh, oh oh, whoa   

Total Score: 10.5

Train: Oranssi Pazuzu – Ilmestys

Portrait of a stuck turntable stylus

Musical Value: 4 I am of course a ponce, but I will never deny any piece of music – no matter how bizzarre – its notion of musical value. I just prefer to explain why I don't like it. So, I am drugs clean since the end of last millennium, I have a wife and two cats, hence I have no need or room for an Assyrian demon in my life, and my immediate neighbours live far away enough from me that, even if I played this at max volume in order to make them believe I'm sacrificing human cattle to the Cult of Blackmore in my studio, they just couldn't hear it. I hope I gave you reason enough why this song has little to no interest to me, mate.

PMU Evil Twinning: 7 I may be reading too much into this, but that chord – very similar to PMU's – endlessly stuck on loop is both the epitome of inaction / passive existence and a manipulative device pushing the listener to actually wish for the iconic sudden ending. I think it's the most eviltwinnage available given the musical content this song is able to provide.

Total Score: 11

Elite: Ulver – Son of Man

He never saw Lady Lyndon again

Musical Value: 7 How am I supposed to assess a baroque mass' movement (without knowing the context, i.e the other movements), featuring a Haendel's Sarabande incipit and a Mozart's Lacrimosa finale bookending a prayer mixed with electronica? I can't. But I can say I'm painfully torn between A) admiration for this opus' best moments of absolute power and violent emotion, and B) repulsion for the strong feeling of pretentiousness shining through when my antennas are on, especially after the 5 minutes mark. It can obscillate from otherworldly to cringeworthy, depending on my listening mood, exactly as legit sacred music can, and I mean this as a compliment.

PMU Evil Twinning: 7 The overall pretentiousness and heroic desperation is more tag twin than evil twin, but there is a clear opposition between standing proud and asking the world to put up a fight and bending knees while begging a higher power for forgiveness. Furthermore, whereas PMU ends like we all know, this piece dies slowly, three times.

Total Score: 14

king: Rise Twain – Prayers

RADIOHEAD ALERT! RADIOHEAD ALERT!

Musical Value: 7 I find pleasure in such tasty Univibe guitar work, and the chorus' soothing 6/8 stroll to a bright future ala Spirit Carries On is one of my favourite ways to articulate songwriting ever, generally speaking. Then why, oh why the whole affair must be framed with my absolute less favourite way of singing on the planet, Newcastle pubs included? I'm not joking, the man is otherwise seriously talented; as soon as the drums start he switches one gear up, the tone loses air while gaining body, and everything is ok, and even better when the choir comes in. Thomyorking is always a mistake.

PMU Evil Twinning: 7 I ain't gonna lie: I couldn't catch every word of the lyrics (reason #67 I don't like that way of singing), but I'm pretty sure our pal rolling with clouds lost in the sky isn't exactly in the mood to ask Ophelia to “keep him in her prayers”. Furthermore, when Twain Rises, Shakespeare Falls. Ok, that sucked. Hard.

Total Score: 14

Chris: Mister Mister – Broken Wings

The secret is in the shaker

Musical Value: 7.5 So, how I like this song I should absolutely have heard as if it were a cross between Imagine and We Are the World? First of all, it's impossible I've listened to it but can't remember; the hook is so pervasive that it sticks to your memory more than an Ann Margret poster. Second, it's quietly nice, with a very Tears for Fears kind of beat preventing repetitions to get boring and letting the overpowered hook do the rest. My favourite part – not counting the glorious shaker – is the brief instrumental interludio where everything is turned up a couple of notches and it feels like infinite premises find some developement. Too bad I had to settle for Shout and In the Air Tonight for all these years.

PMU Evil Twinning: 7.5 Nice combination of factors: on one side we have a drum groove in the same universe inhabited by PMU's initial rythmic pulse, while on the other the lyrics finally provide the character the DT's song plot is crucially missing the most: someone providing help, hope and confort. Stop whining, sweet prince. You are not alone.

Total Score: 15

Evermind: Leprous – Passing

You turn me on orc vocals one round late

Musical Value: 8 What the fock happened in one year, Ev? We've gone from being in the wrong roulette to being unable to send me something I'm not liking. Great songwriting, vicious subtle odd meter trickery, masterful distribution of tension and release, and an urelenting and unerring manipulation of the listener from the fierce opening, through the lulling verse and the punch-in-the-guts chorus, up to the glorious solo misdirecting me towards the finale's uppercut. The screams are appropriate, and maybe the same can be said about the final growls, but I could have done without. Me being a wimp aside, this song is one rare instance where I feel everything is strictly necessary and on point inside eight minutes of music outside of DT's or King Crimson's catalogue.

PMU Evil Twinning: 7 in one corner we have Hamlet, in the other a strange sort of desperate Iago or, better, Aaron from Titus Andronicus, dying in damnation while feeling victorious. The evil twin is a bit tainted though, because both our heroes share the same feelings of pride (honour and spite) and will of power: one in defiant survival, the other in vengeful self-termination.

Total Score: 15

ariich: Foxy Shazam – The Only Way to My Heart

Evil Queen meets Mental Muse

Musical Value: 7.5 One of the things I love to do during the unhealthy amount of fantasy time I spend building my pathetic rock theory of everything (seriously guys, you should pity and mock me every day), is playing the Rock'n'Roll Marvel Comics High Evolutionary and cross-breed acts and tunes. Well, it seems somebody has beaten me joining Queen's Somebody to Love with Muse's Feeling Good in some kind of dark humorous chemical marriage officiated by Riff Raff. Definitely funny and thrustdance-inducing; maybe you noticed Sacul's sexy approach to this roulette is paying dividends and acted accordingly. If not, good job nonetheless

PMU Evil Twinning: 8 Ha! Maybe you noticed the Stadler / Donna Summer approach to the tag round payed dividends and acted accordingly, or maybe not. Point is, feral desperate tunnel vision lust is totally a dark twin to PMU's to be or not to be existential doubting wankery. Plus, the end-of-session chaos finale is just the opposite of a sudden cut.

Total Score: 15.5

Podaar: Peter Frampton - Float

Europa's evil twin

Musical Value: 8 The immensely talented and immensely underrated Peter Frampton, unfairly crushed between more myth-friendly axe heroes of the seventies. Great tone (a refined mix between Gilmour, Santana and BB King) and extremely enjoyable 6/8 pace (shades of Eclipse at the beginning, of Shine On You Crazy Diamond at the end), embellished with interesting acoustic tritone tricks and harmonic dual voicing beyond wisdom. Now that I know this cut, it's immediately becoming guitar common sense exhibit #678: you can train your circus noodling gymnastics to your heart's content, but what really makes the difference is the sound in your hands.   

PMU Evil Twinning: 7.5 Sure, it has a certain feeling of peaceful sad resignation in opposition to PMU's belligerant defiance. More intersting, even though this song has no lyrics, it's plain as day it's built as a dialogue between two guitar voices, while DT's first hit single is obviously based on the quintessential Shakespearean monologue.

Puppies: Marillion – Neverland

If only the singer were on the lyricist's level

Musical Value: 7.5 Ok, every round I'm bound to piss somebody off; it's just the nature of the roulette beast. “At times like these any fool can see” this song is written with peak human intelligence and a sensibility, opening spaces – musical and emotional – worth of Pink Floyd at the highest of their powers. It's just gorgeous. Too bad this fool – in every meaning of the term – can't stand and get over any sogging thing the singer is doing except for breathing. There is a reason this is not banned. I love Steve Rothery, I love Fish Marillion – and it can be said they've saved my life a couple of times – but you should know by now I can't award full marks to a song featuring vocals I'm at odds with. I know, it's my problem, but it is what it is.

PMU Evil Twinning: 8 The lyrics (this round's ex aequo best) paint a nice opposition to PMU's tale. There is no solitary misunderstood prince crying louder than centuries crying. Just love – be it actual or remembered – leading to certain salvation, as long as we keep it alive. Plus we go from Shakespeare's mother infatuations to James M Barrie's … different infatuations, as it were.

To Be Continued ...

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1861 on: April 27, 2020, 10:12:31 AM »
 :corn

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1862 on: April 27, 2020, 10:37:06 AM »
And here's the rest.

Feel free to send for next round, but please keep in mind that, although the given theme still stands, I will award the song just one mark, ala regular unthemed rounds. I can't really presume to establish how faithfully a tune portraits you, for pete's sake!

romdrums: Sly and the Family Stone – I Want to Take You Higher

Zebra Three Striped Tomato

Musical Value: 7.5 Of course I know the act, and I still rate If You Want Me to Stay as top 50 all time basslines, howev … Boom shaka-laka-laka Boom shaka-laka-laka Boom shaka-laka-laka … sorry, can't resist. I was saying this contagious groove is somet … Boom shaka-laka-laka Boom shaka-laka-laka Boom shaka-laka-laka Boom shaka-laka-laka Boom shaka-laka-laka Boom shaka-laka-laka … Err, despite it may feel samey at tim … Boom shaka-laka-laka Boom shaka-laka-laka Boom shaka-laka-laka … Fun fact, I am convinced Soundgarden have defunked this in order to obtain Boom shaka-laka-laka Boom shaka-laka-laka Boom shaka-laka-laka Outshined Boom shaka-laka-laka Boom shaka-laka-laka Boom shaka-laka-laka .

PMU Evil Twinning: 8 Another success story, graduated from the Stadler's Academy of Unconventional Theme Managing. Feeling lost, white boy? Yo momma being naughty with Uncle Mofo? Is your sparrow falling? Come to daddy and light the fock up. Every toke leaves you one less to your last. Boom shaka-laka-laka Boom shaka-laka-laka Boom shaka-laka-laka

Cyril: Ayreon – Day Twenty: Confrontation

The Ministry of Lost Souls' evil twin

Musical Value: 7 I get it, some progressions and riffings share a lot of traits with PMU, the choice is clear (look paragraph below). Strangely enough, while every Ayreon tune I've been sent so far, despite not being pantheon stuff, showed extreme hooks catchiness as strongest suit, this one falls a bit flat in that regard. I like the verses' both arpeggiato and hard riffage way better, despite (fun fact!) they disturbingly resemble an early nineties song possibly remembered only by me (and I desperately wonder why, as if I don't need free operating brain cells) and its writer: Inside by Stiltskin.

PMU Evil Twinning: 9 Scenario A: our hero is alone but alive, the whole world plots  his demise, he bitches and moans for either a glorious end or an even more glorious survival. Life ends abruptly. Scenario B: our hero is comatose yet crowded by real and symbolic people, the whole world is bitching and moaning for him to come back to life. Coma ends abruptly. I think we have an evil twin somewhere.

Total Score: 16

Katt: Rhapsody – Lamento Eroico

You're either a master translator or the luckiest bloke in here

Musical Value: 8 I must admit, when I read Rhapsody I immediately started to fear cheese clots inside my aural circulatory system. Well, it turns out I was making an ass of you and me, as the saying goes. Such moderate tempo, dark intervals, and more relaxed orchestration suit them splendidly, providing a very dramatic range of dynamics between the mysterious verses and the liberating epic chorus (very reminiscent of Manowar's Heart of Steel, an immense unguilty pleasure through my whole life). The singer is a real tenor, no doubt about it, and he could even do well without the heavy choir, but I understand I can't ask for such a level of musical restraint in this case.

PMU Evil Twinning: 8 I'm translating, you judge: “The broken echo languishes inside me before the blind angel's truculent stare / The ancient rhyme crumbles inside me, inside the dying wounded swan's heart / Cosmos made of betrayed eternity, of vanishing truths weeping farewell tears inside a black void / True and proud I'm going towards my fate / THUNDER, SHOUT AT MY HEROIC LAMENT! DESTINY, CONSUME REALITY!

Stadler: Garbage – Medication

Roger Waters' female twin

Musical Value: 7 Although I'm not a big fan of this particular brand of (let's call it) Brit-pop, although this song – musically speaking – may give a not much to write home about kind of impression, it has a couple of noteworthy qualities almost every bloody pop object composed in Britain seems to have for some mysterious inexpicable reason: A) it juggles interesting unusual chord changes in ways you can appreciate without losing an illusive sensation of straightforward progression, B) It manages choruses unconventionally if it feels like it and everything stays smooth. C) The music never (nevah) betrays the story it's supporting, not even in the face of Armageddon. It must be something in the water or the Beatles' true legacy.

PMU Evil Twinning: 9 Subtle yet adamant. This is not a lonely manchild with mommy issues screaming to the clouds he won't give up; this is a mature woman with rather poisonous husband issues clearly stating death is better than 90% of the general population's idea of life and love. I believe it makes for a pretty darn good evil twin.

jingle: Poverty's No Crime – Spiral of Fear

“This world is spinning around me” melody thoroughly pilfered

Musical Value: 7.5 Let me raise my eyebrow and get in Rock pose: Finally you sent me a prog metal tune I have nothing to bitch about! Full guitar and key textures, nice riffing and rythmic rumbles, even nicer Falling into Infinity openings, and – above all – rational articulation setting it apart from the non-descript masses in the genre. There are no miracles, but it makes sense and I'm following everything organically and without tiring (can't seem able to do with 70% non DT prog metal). Vocals are the main example here: absolutely nothing special, but they have a distinct identity I can remember and don't fade away in the faceless horde of generic high pitched jobbers. 

PMU Evil Twinning: 10 Eviltwinnery combo breaker! Not only the verse's leading melody is a dark twisted paraphrase as mentioned in the first impression, but the whole damn lyrics are exactly (it's uncanny how they perfectly fit the tragedy) what the King Ghost should have hammered inside Hamlet's (his son) head instead of giving heart attacks to the grunts on Elsinore's walls. There's even a proper DTesque spider on the wall (not the window, no one's perfect) mention as virtuoso cameo.

Total Score: 17.5

lonestar: Yes – Lift Me Up

Sweet Home Greater London

Musical Value: 7.5 Ooooooh, are you gonna take me home tonight? Sorry, couldn't help it. After the initial scare, the tune reveals its uplifting harmless soul, graced by a surgical steel production hell bent on giving every and each micron of sound the same chance to be processed by my ears. Ok, these aren't our fathers' Yes, they're almost sweet through the motions of a whole new game. Thank goodness, before the arena anthem overstays its welcome, Trevor – who can't be tasteless if his life depended on it - opens his mixolydian case and spikes the tapioca for everybody; a funny display of old shiny wizardry ensues, and the merry companions can go back to their cocoons, in and around the lake.

PMU Evil Twinning: 9 The real motherbugger on the other side of the spectrum, ladies and gents. I may not be a philosopher, but I feel pretty confident about asking god to turn my life around is a pretty robust 180 flip from daring him to pull me under pull me under pull me under I'm not afraid. Plus, beginning with a choir is warmth, doing it with a cold steel arpeggio is, well, cold.

Total Score: 16.5

TAC: Subsignal – The Stillness Beneath the Snow

Kind of surprising you like this stuff

Musical Value: 9 Let's cut to the chase: I can't find a focking flaw in this song. This one somehow escapes what I like to call The Curse of Modern Prog Rock. It pays homage to tradition (whether you like it or not, to Yes), but it's quite original; it's mellow and classy, but it packs a mean punch; it's complex and technical as the genre demands, yet melody and structure never leave their rails, providing a bulletproof – almost pop-worthy – sense of direction into the multilayered woods. The singing is as delicate and sensible as possible in a rock contest, and I love the way it escalates moods by aggregation of voices, rather than increasing loudness. Last but not least, the production makes everything shimmer, for lack of a better term.

PMU Evil Twinning: 9 Musically mildly in opposition while mantaining a certain affinity with the distorted riffing. What really takes the evil twin prize are the lyrics: everything PMU proclaims is upside down here: the solipsist romantic hero becomes a subdued collective, the will to stand before the storm becomes the need to find shelter in the warmth of intimacy. “In this very moment we are what we dream”: Hamlet becomes Prospero, and “no man is an island”.

Total Score: 18

Round Standings:

TAC = 18
jingle = 17.5
lonestar = 16.5
Cyril = 16
Katt = 16
Stadler = 16
ariich = 15.5
Podaar = 15.5
Puppies = 15.5
romdrums = 15.5
Chris = 15
Evermind = 15
Elite = 14
king = 14
Train = 11
Sacul = 10.5

Total Standings:

Evermind: 14 + 22.5 + 17.5 + 13.5 + 15 = 82.5
TAC: 10.5 + 22 + 17.5 + 13 + 18 = 81
jingle: 13 + 22 + 12.5 + 13 + 17.5 = 78
lonestar: 10 + 22.5 + 15.5 + 13 + 16.5 = 77.5
romdrums: 13 + 23 + 14 + 12 + 15.5 = 77.5
ariich: 9 + 24 + 15.5 + 13 + 15.5 = 77
Stadler: 10 + 23 + 17 + 11 + 16 = 77
Podaar: 10 + 20 + 14.5 + 15.5 + 15.5 = 75.5
Elite: 9 + 23 + 15 + 14 + 14 = 75
Puppies: 11 + 21.5 + 14 + 13 + 15.5 = 75
Katt: 10.5 + 22 + 13 + 12.5 + 16 = 74
king: 11.5 + 21 + 16 + 11.5 + 14 = 74
Sacul: 11 + 23 + 14.5 + 13.5 + 10.5 = 72.5
Train: 11 + 21.5 + 12 + 16 + 11 = 71.5
Chris: 12 + 19 + 12.5 + 11.5 + 15 = 70
Cyril*: *Guest Star Status

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1863 on: April 27, 2020, 10:41:51 AM »
And here's the rest.

Feel free to send for next round, but please keep in mind that, although the given theme still stands, I will award the song just one mark, ala regular unthemed rounds. I can't really presume to establish how faithfully a tune portraits you, for pete's sake!

Still struggling for this round...
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Re: RouletteMania! v. Twin Postage, Evil Results
« Reply #1864 on: April 27, 2020, 10:54:18 AM »
Well damn :lol. Yeah I sent that only for the theme, but didn't stop much to think if you'd like the music on it.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1865 on: April 27, 2020, 11:04:15 AM »
I didn't realize you didn't like falsetto.

Crap.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1866 on: April 27, 2020, 11:13:55 AM »

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1867 on: April 27, 2020, 11:23:54 AM »
part of my evil twinnage was also that the same singer was playing the main role for each case :P
but yeah i should've sent literally anything else

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1868 on: April 27, 2020, 11:34:26 AM »
*Italian fingers*

Noice.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1869 on: April 27, 2020, 11:36:25 AM »
Poop
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1870 on: April 27, 2020, 12:12:59 PM »
Not my finest hour but hey, still in the lead! Also not gonna lie, positively surprised that Leprous got an 8 in musical department.

I've no idea what to send once again, will probably take 24 hours to think about it. I'll send tomorrow.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1871 on: April 27, 2020, 12:23:22 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1872 on: April 27, 2020, 12:24:01 PM »
Oh Hells Yeah!  Back in the race.  :fistpump:

I know exactly my plan this round.  It's all about me - jingle.boy, and Jesse "The Body".  Too bad there aren't theme points.  I think I'd be killing it.

And if you think THAT Subsignal song is flawless, boy you have a lot of great experiences in store for you as you explore them.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1873 on: April 27, 2020, 12:29:45 PM »
Had zero doubt Yes would do well.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Hogarth's vocals though, I think he's tremendous.

And sent...

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1874 on: April 27, 2020, 12:36:02 PM »
Ranked in the middle of the round and the roulette. Much better than I thought I'd do. I'll take it.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1875 on: April 27, 2020, 03:23:11 PM »
Sent three songs for review.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1876 on: April 27, 2020, 03:55:27 PM »
Sent.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1877 on: April 27, 2020, 04:45:48 PM »
Sen-tidly-ent.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1878 on: April 27, 2020, 04:56:38 PM »
so is this about me, ME, or me, Stadler, or me, Mick Foley?   I might send one for each.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1879 on: April 27, 2020, 05:25:51 PM »
Who's Mick Foley?

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1880 on: April 27, 2020, 05:35:38 PM »
Who's Mick Foley?
This is to be expected.

Sent, by the way.  :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Hey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1881 on: April 27, 2020, 06:15:56 PM »
Who's Mick Foley?

Me with long hair.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1882 on: April 27, 2020, 06:16:48 PM »
So Mick Fogey?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1883 on: April 27, 2020, 06:46:59 PM »
I'm serious. I wish I didnt loose the pictures with the basement flooding.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #1884 on: April 27, 2020, 08:09:23 PM »
Ok finding a song that represents me but also that our host might dig will take some thinking. I'll send tomorrow night.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #1885 on: April 27, 2020, 10:32:50 PM »
Who's Mick Foley?

Axel Foley's brother!

so is this about me, ME, or me, Stadler, or me, Mick Foley?   I might send one for each.

You YOU  :D

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1886 on: April 28, 2020, 04:42:45 AM »
Who's Mick Foley?

Mrs Foley's baby boy, dammnit!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1887 on: April 28, 2020, 04:44:38 AM »

You YOU  :D

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1888 on: April 28, 2020, 05:46:44 AM »
Iron Shiek gave love and charity a try. One week and more boring than stay home orders. Fuck it. FUCK TUESDAY! FUCK CHARITY! I wouldn't give any of you starving jabroni's the shirt off my head.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1889 on: April 28, 2020, 05:54:29 AM »
Iron Shiek gave love and charity a try. One week and more boring than stay home orders. Fuck it. FUCK TUESDAY! FUCK CHARITY! I wouldn't give any of you starving jabroni's the shirt off my head.

What makes you think any of us want that smile-crusted cloth even if you offered it!?  It's probably laced 38 different diseases, not the least of which would be the Corona.  No way "The Body" would risk his beautiful looks, or intelligence with anything that's even come within 8 feet of the dandruff from that dome of yours.  It's probably what's made you so stupid and unintelligible.